Hi @Bob and everyone,
Hope you are doing great during these interesting time (you pick the reason, politics or health ).
I’d love to get you feedback on my situation and options.
On Nov 10th, 2020 I had a moto fall in the backroads (self inflicted ). I suffered a clean break of the neck (just below the femoral head) of my hip and a 3 piece broken collarbone for good measure. I’ve had internal fixation for both bone breaks, on Nov 12th and Nov 17th, for the hip and clavicle respectively.
The big question I have is for how long per day should I treat these with PEMF? Secondary questions are what intensity and plausible optimal program on the M1.
Here’s what I’ve been doing so far since the surgeries:
- using stacked coils on my hip, positioned on the front part of the hip right over the broken neck (closest proximity to break as per surgeon feedback)
- using the Omni-8 with 5 minute pause program on my M1 at intensity 15
- I have it on at an average of 16-20 hours per day (plugged in at night for sleep and on battery during the day)
- for the clavicle, I do similar as above with 2 exceptions; using quad coil for greater treatment area and intensity of 10ish
Having read up a bit on the rabbit study and other studies, treatment times for those have been for 30 to 60 minutes per day. More questions:
- In my case, is my treatment duration too much?
- Could too much of a good thing be a bad thing here?
- For healing bones, is there such a thing as too much from your experience/knowledge?
- Do you have any data/reference on using PEMF on either of these injuries?
- Do you have any other information, feedback, papers or other that my be a use to me?
In case you are interested, I’d be happy to talk further about my situation and treatment as well as provide imaging once I can get my hands on them. Heck, we could even do an interview on your channel if that’s of value for you and followers.
I look forward to hearing from you and a very speedy recovery thanks to research and findings that you have made on PEMF! Keep up the awesomeness
P.S. Full disclosure on devices used:
I have the following equipment: M1 with single coil pair and quad coil, as well as the MiraMate Mini Magic with single and quad coil pairs