Flux Health Forum

Various techniques for wearing ices devices

I wear a posture corrector and then slip the array beneath (ie., around my upper back area near the neck); no tape required!

1 Like

Been experimenting with sitting on side by side wrapped coils embedded in soft cushion on seat of my office chair. Seems to work well as I can feel the micro tremoring uniformly over body although maybe more concentrated in lower half than when I have coils attached on solar plexus area. Spent hours using it this way on intensity 15 yesterday and found I was awake for hours after going to bed so trying intensity 9 today. I like this method as there is no device attachment at all and can leave and return to chair unencumbered. As I have posted before, using ices feels like full body charging to me so I like to use it at every opportunity as I still have issues to heal.

@Bob - Is it fair to assume that if the coil tester can give feedback when the coils are covered by some surface, then the field induction will also happen with this surface between the skin and the coils? (For example, with my coils inside my oven mitts, using the coil tester outside the mitts shows the coils are alove and healthy, therefore if I have my hands inside the mitts and the outside resting on some other part of my body, I’m getting an effect at both positions?) Hope that makes sense… :slight_smile:

That is exactly correct.

1 Like

But what if the device is an M1 ? should it not be sandwiched as above since that would also apply the bumpy side to the skin? If magnetic field is reversing, then what difference does it make which side is next to skin? thanks

Either both smooth sides toward skin, or both bumpy sides toward skin. Both smooth is easier to remember, so do that. They alternate as precisely timed opposite magnets, so when one is N-bumpy side, the other is S-bumpy side, for example.

The alignment needs to be as I have described it. If you understand this or just believe me, then you are fine. But I can’t explain more by text, so if you don’t get it yet, you’ll need to settle in and watch a lot of my YouTube videos.

4 Likes

This is important new information. It means one can sports wrap the coils in same side orientation, either stacked or side by side, and then use that as an applicator sandwiched between hands, body parts, or people to potentially double the uselfulness of a single set of coils. A method of enhanced hands on healing or massage may be enabled using the this coil applicator attached to the palm or sole.

1 Like

I think that is correct.

However, I am not saying that doing so would necessarily give you “magic hands”. Over the years, several people have proposed this concept to me, thinking that they might be able to use the device in the palm of their hands and project healing energy through space to people. One person thought it would energize them enough to do distant healing, like hundreds or thousands of miles away.

I am skeptical about that kind of stuff, but if you are holding ICES-PEMF coils and simultaneously touching people (I assume you have their permission), then, yes, they would get whatever benefit they would get from the ICES-PEMF coils plus whatever benefit they might get from your method of therapeutic touch or manipulation. In addition, there might be synergistic effects.

This aspect of the use of PEMF is WAY outside my areas of expertise, so anything I say in this regard is entirely speculative.

1 Like

Hi, first time posting :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve been using an ace bandage during the evening. (At home, while awake)
It’s reusable, but has two metal clips to keep it on. I try to orient the bandage so that the clips are away from the coils (off to the side, when I’m applying coils to lower back). It’s far from perfect, but is easy and works well enough for a few hours at home.

For overnight, I usually apply coils to my right shoulder. I came up with the following arrangement, which sorta works!

I have a T-shirt that I modified with Kamsnaps (I’ll try to add a link below). They are plastic snap buttons that you can add to garments. I chose plastic because I was worried about affecting the field if I used too much metal (but I’m not really knowledgeable about this).

I also used some medical tape (I think the brand was durapore) to keep the coils in side by side, then sewed a pouch for them from a rag. I’ll try to include a link to photos of the setup. Kamsnaps added to this allow me to snap the pouch (with coils) to the right shoulder on the back of my modified t shirt,

I made a very rough pouch with only rags and kamsnaps (too lazy to sew, but this was a mistake, it frays badly in the wash!) that allows me to wear the M1 on my chest while I sleep. I’m a side sleeper, never roll onto my stomach, so this works for me.

So here’s a link to the photos.
three images of wearing M1

The three photos are of:

The back and front of the t-shirt with the device and coils attached.

The back of the t-shirt with the coil pouch unsnapped.

I used the extra rags because on a loose weave like a t shirt the buttons might pull loose. Kamsnaps suggested using “interfacing” which I only later learned it stuff you can buy for the purpose of adding strength and stiffness to fabrics. I’m planning the next generation, now…

I got the kamsnaps here:
kamsnaps on amazon

5 Likes

excellent, thanks. This is precisely the sort of thing I do.

1 Like

I recently learned of a similar device being implanted in a person that was not getting good results when using a device externally. This person had back surgery and was on high dosages of morphine and oxycodone. After 3 months, this person said they are no longer on morphine and have reduced the amount of oxy by 60%. Have you heard of this kind of implant? I believe this person was referring to a TENS device.

From what I hear, the long-term benefits of this type of device are questionable at best, and implanted electrodes often cause trouble and added suffering down the road.
The entire point of doing this kind of stimulation the way I am doing it with ICES-PEMF is to eliminate the need for implanted electrodes by using inductive (as opposed to conductive) coupling. This eliminates the need for contacting electrodes, bypasses skin impedance, and distributes the volume of effective tissue stimulation over much more tissue than a conductive (TENS-like) pulse. I calculate ICES-PEMF is 1,000 to 10,000 times more volumetrically efficient than TENS-like devices. There are many other benefits, which I discuss extensively elsewhere.

2 Likes

Hi Bob,
It’s hard to find contact info for you. I have your micro-pulse ICES unit and first need to know if you must have skin contact with the coils for the technology to work.
Then, I have other application questions and interest in some of your clinical studies. Is this the only way to contact you?

1 Like

Have you spent a few hours going over the micro-pulse.com website and videos? I think not. 99% of your questions are already answered there or here by searching. You apparently lack even rudimentary understanding of pemf. To me you are showing disrespect for the valuable but limited time that Bob has available.

2 Likes

Wow.
You are obviously a devotee. That’s great. We all need people to support us.
However, don’t slay me.
I’m just a struggling mom with special needs kids, hoping to learn how to specifically use this device to help them in their situation. They take up most of my time and then I’m too exhausted to spend the “hours” needed to find the answers you say are on the website.
Also, I’ve watched a couple of Bob’s (Richard’s?) youtube videos with his friend and he came accross as very humble and reachable. Something I greatly appreciated about him … I wonder if you speak accurately for him. Is he really that untouchable?
I thought he wanted to work with people who use his unit … do studies, etc. Maybe he’s beyond that now? I hope not. I (my kids) really need his help.

2 Likes

I don’t speak for Bob. However I think you misunderstand his role and I am trying to help you in that. He is not a clinician or licensed health care professional. If you want that, there are others in the field of pemf who you may want to contact . Dr J who posts in this forum, is s a licensed chiropractor who prescribes ices pemf to his patients and works with their progress. This group is about self responsibility, i.e. learning to take care of oneself and become independent of the mainstream medical circus as much as possible. The studies to which you refer are not clinical studies. They are simply people reporting their home-based results in this forum. Some people refer to this as ‘self-hacking’ which simply means learning how your own body works, learning how technology works, and experimenting with oneself using a simple tool like ices pemf etc.

3 Likes

You can always reach us at our contact information on our micro-pulse.com website. The email is: mzd@micro-pulse.com We try to respond to every email, but often we get requests for information we simply do not have, hope for cures we cannot offer, and sometimes very unrealistic demands. Those, we cannot answer.

People who are willing to self-experiment with our technology can post their observations on this forum, but I honestly do not know any more than they know about these many and diverse applications of our technology. They use the tools we provide with the understanding of their adult decision and intent to self-experiment when all other options have been exhausted. They know more than I do about their uses and their results. Some seem to have promising outcomes, others not.

However, please keep in mind, our technology is entirely experimental, it is NOT FDA approved for any human application, and I have spent all of my time studying and optimizing the technology only for:
1-- Severe orthopedic injury
2-- Severe, crippling, disabling, untreatable chronic pain

Some people try our technology for other applications, and I hear the full range of reports which range from from “gee, it works!” to “It does not help”, and everything between. Basically, I do not know, and I have no data, on any of these other applications of our technology. I can not give any clinical advice, can not make clinical claims, can offer no assurances of efficacy or safety, nothing of the sort. We get hundreds of fairly desperate requests and pleas for help, when mainstream medicine has no solutions. But, unfortunately and realistically, our specific form of PEMF can not be viewed as a miracle cure-all.

From the information in your posts, I infer that you are searching for a way to help a special needs child, and I can say right now that I have no information of any kind on the effectiveness of our technology for any application that falls into that category. I am not holding anything back: the truth is that unfortunately I have no information or advice to offer you.

4 Likes

The coils do not need to be in direct contact with the skin to function properly. ICES-PEMF works by induction, not conduction, so direct contact with the skin is not required. But the coils should be placed as closely to the area needed as possible. Thin bandages, etc, have no significant effect.

2 Likes

@Twinaspiemama

The following is an amazing other use clinical study using ices pemf which may be of interest .

Also this topic about synergistic qualities of pemf may be of interest.