Flux Health Forum

Traumatic Brain Injury

It hasn’t been long enough to be sure but it seems to be working well. It’s stiff by the coil so it shouldn’t break there and it gradually gets more flexible farther away where it flexes over a couple of inches. Actually there is diminishing flex all the way to the coil. If it does break it will probably still be right at the coil, but the flex there is so slight I don’t think it will break any time soon. Maybe I should have put it on heavier there. Now that I’ve noticed that I think I will add a few coats at the coil and taper them in on the thin end.

1 Like

We have actually made some design improvements on this, and we found a bonding agent that bonds the cable to the gray coil much better. It prevents sliding and movement where the cable inserts into the coil. I have tested them extensively, and with this design modification they do seem to be much more durable. So any coils you get after 15 April 2019 should not need any after-purchase modification.

4 Likes

Great news! Though I find my coils usually fail at the other end. Probably due to bending since I often have the device in my pocket.

Dr. Mercola uses M1 every day:
“As a biomedical engineer, Dennis invented one of the best pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) devices on the market (which I personally use every day) called ICES model M1.”

1 Like

prometheus,

Thanks for sharing it.

I have been mechanically testing the new coil adhesion/bonding process and it is definitely much better.

Just FYI, I am continuously working to improve every aspect of this technology. So I am very happy when we find a way to make it even better: more durable, more efficient, etc.

2 Likes

With TOJ, I have used the coils with the smooth side down on each side of the temples with good success.

Good day all, recently purchased an M1 device

@Bob

had a family member who fell and had a brain concussion, now still suffering a bit of lingering effects. would like him to try device, for recovery on this would 5pps(10Hz) be helpful? (read about your study). any other frequencies or protocols that could be helpful to him?

Also would like to ask about protocol or frequencies he should be using
for brain wave entrainment, to perk up the mind for his work, sometimes he feels lethargic, and can’t focus that well. have read through your articles, forums saying alpha/beta waves would be good.

Some other pemf sites claim that gamma waves are helpful, however Dr Robert says it can be irritating. any guidelines on this, and how much to apply for the suitable frequencies or protocol?

Thank you

I would consider trying Alpha Wave or Beta 1, 2, or 3 on our M1 or C5 devices. The benefits would be twofold:
1- Waveform shape is correct for reducing inflammation and promoting recovery from brain injury
2- pulse frequencies are in the range to entrain the desired brain states you want to elicit.

Appreciate the reply Bob. Will definitely give those a go.

Would using a9 Omni-8 protocol be viable too in head region? Thanks

Omni-8 works very well for some people, but is irritating to others. So it is highly individual, but is certainly worth a try. Just remember to begin with low intensity for a short period, maybe 10-15 minutes at most, to see how well it is tolerated.

Thank you Bob, will keep that in mind too! :slight_smile:

then also consider reporting back if you decide to try it, to tell us how well it worked (or not). The more we know, the better,

Sure thing, will do that once have tried it for some time. Thank you.

I found a product called Sugru on Amazon, it is a glue that is moldable like silly putty. It works better for me than the liquid tape and is easier to apply. You must of course clean the area good to remove any oils first. The best way to use it is on brand new coils, but I have had old coils that no longer worked come back to life using this, Just make sure you turn the device on and make sure it is clicking when you apply it. I store mine in the freezer so it does not go bad.

1 Like

I have used that material (Sugru). I think it is great. This is a good Idea, thanks.

will definitely be using that product thanks @Linda_Lynn for the mention!

You are welcome! It has lots of uses, besides just the coils. I wish it was cheaper. When you open the packet be ready to use it all, once it is mixed you can’t store it.

1 Like

have you ever tried this type of tape? this might be better than other tapes I’ve tried before in that adhesive will last…
Heavy Duty Silicone Tape Plumbing Self Fusing Silicone Tape Plumbing Tape for Leaks Silicone Water Pipe Rubber Tape Hose Repair Water Seal Watertight Fusion Coax Seal Electrical or Silicone Grip Tape https://a.co/d/fmFWOyu

I actually have had a roll of that tape for about 10 years, but I have not tried it yet on coils. It would be a good test to see which one works better the next time I need to do a repair. It is cheaper than the Surgru. Since they are not interchangeable for some repairs I like to keep both on hand. Great suggestion!