Flux Health Forum

Traumatic Brain Injury

I just found your grumpy science videos.

Laughing.

What? You have a book? What about telling us earlier? :slight_smile:

Just found it:

@bettereveryday

Some things you describe, such as your brain exploding, look like what is known as an Asperger Meltdown

Look it up on Google:
Asperger symptoms.
Meltdown symptoms.

If you do have asperger/high-functioning-autism it will become self-evident the more you read about it. Maybe you donā€™t have it, but I believe itā€™s worth a quick look up

1 Like

Thanks, I will look up the Asperger meltdown symptoms.

I will add it to my research list.

I had so many things which would be ā€œcausesā€ of brain problems, which I am correcting one at a time.

I know that I had out of control blood sugar. I used Dr. Barnardā€™s concepts to reverse that. I had horizontal nail ridges and ridiculous eye issues happen, but I saw a stroke video and it could have been that my eyes were spinning. It is so hard to explain. I would be walking or driving and suddenly bizarre unexplainable things would happen with my eyes. (Yes, driving. People with brain problems donā€™t always process things through properly) I would go to church back then and couldnā€™t listen to a sermon with my eyes open because I didnā€™t have control over my eyes. [An aside to leader Mark, I watched you talking about the brain and insulin. Do you have any sources I could look up about that? I did the lower the saturated fat and get the fat out of my pancreas and have my pancreas function again process and that really did help. I just am interested in the whole brain insulin thing.]

I also definitely had high Homocysteine levels and I definitely had aluminum in my brain and I definitely had nutritional deficiencies and I definitely had the wrong copper/zinc ratio. I have done this walking out of the brain problems one thing at a time and each thing corrected something. For instance, I drank Fiji water for 12 weeks and had hallucinations go away entirely. But a year later, I had changed to an ineffective type of B-12 and they started coming back, along with several symptoms of B-12 deficiency - all of which went away again when I switched to a more shelf-stable, more complete B-12. (Methyl by itself isnā€™t complete according to a PubMed article and since reading that I have interacted with a few people who got B-12 insufficiency while supplementing with Methyl B-12) The B-12 causing hallucinations tells me that Homocysteine is one of the causal factors.

I also had falls back around then and had hit my head on concrete and on a bath tub - so I pondered concussion and glutamate storm. I was always sensitive to MSG which may be totally unrelated. I never really took science and the word glutamate just is something I associate with projectile vomiting after eating food with MSG. It was like my body said, ā€œNope, you donā€™t need any more glutamate.ā€ Laughing. Yes, I know nothing at all. I did come from abuse as a child and they say that you have more excitatory neurotransmitters and receptors and a different brain if you come from that type of background. (I had injured my foot and ankle in a fall and became prone to falling and hit my head maybe 3 times, but the head exploding sense was months after those falls.)

I failed the ā€œpeanut butter left nostril testā€ for Alzheimerā€™s. I canā€™t smell out of my left nostril. That is what some researchers describe as a sign of it. My cousin died of early onset Alzheimerā€™s and she had things like hallucinations, which I had.

Plus, I hadnā€™t slept more than a very few hours of sleep per night for a decade. My poor microglia never got to clean my brain. That is why I keep going gamma.

I have tried Serrapeptase to see if I could get it to help out in the clean up job. When I was being abused and couldnā€™t get out of the situation as a young person, I drank antifreeze and I donā€™t know if that would cross the blood brain barrier, but it maybe could effect the gut microbiome or something. Yes, I am hypothesizing wildly. My relatives who had dementia and Alzheimerā€™s and one who had a brain tumor all got no practical help with their brains, so I just do not want to spend money on doctors to have them give expensive tests and meds which made things worse. I have a young man who works with me who has an autism diagnosis and he got so much worse after meds and worse still after therapy. I guess I am a rebel. I donā€™t want what they went through. Even my step-mother with her stroke. It took them 2 weeks to figure out what it was and they never did brain plasticity concepts with her. Each thing she ā€œtriedā€ is because of me looking things up on the internet.

Laughing, I am working my way through these topics which are so far over my head and it really does make me laugh because I had been telling people, ā€œI am trying to learn all of this with half my brain tied behind my headā€ and last night, I looked at my 47 total score on the brain gauge and I might have been overestimating things.

1 Like

Tiago, yes, I was thinking perhaps the same thing. That might describe me accurately. Thanks for encouraging me to look more into it.

I did not mention my books, or any of the other things I am doing, because at heart I am an introverted scientist with excess empathy, and I am honestly not trying to sell anything. I am trying to engage with people so I can find a way to reduce their needless suffering and disability.

Honestly, I have enough money (thanks to my wifeā€™s hard work), time, and resources already. I just want to continue to do something useful for as long as I can. My goal is to make a better world for our children and grandchildren, simple as that.

7 Likes

The woman scientist who I feel like would be interested in what you are doing with the ICES and Brain Gage is:

Li-Huei Tsai, the Picower Professor of Neuroscience, director of MITā€™s Picower Institute for Learning and Memory

The gamma potential of the ICES and the ability to test function in Alzheimerā€™s is right up her alley and her name was in different types of studies for Alzheimerā€™s. She did the light and the sound study and was talking about enzymes, so she just is sticking with it as a focus.

Not sure if I understand the logistics of science, but she needs a gamma pulsed magnet and she is trying to find out if her theories change the brain function of Alzheimerā€™s patients. She might come up with something, but who knows if it couldnā€™t be a match.

I understand where you are coming from and I applaud that. Integrity is a rare quality in our days, specially online.

But I donā€™t agree completely with you.

Iā€™m sure there are a lot of people, both online and offline, making money on stroke victims. They gain their trust only to rip them off.

And Iā€™m 100% sure you donā€™t desire to take any action that even resembles the marketing tactics that these people use to sell their products.

However ā€“ and this is a big however ā€“ if the people of integrity, the ones that actually have a real contribution to make, are the ones keeping a low profile and the con-artists are the ones making sure their voice is being well heard, then, the con-artists are the only ones that most stroke victims will hear about when they search for a solution.

You have gained our trust.

If you say you wrote a book teaching how to help stroke victims than I believe you 100%. So much so, that I think that any errors that might be on your work would be honest mistakes.

Thatā€™s a big thing.

That being said, I think you should consider, at least, adding a link to your book someplace obvious, like the products page on micro-pulse or some other place you deem more appropriate.

This would allow the people who trust you to become more aware of all your work and to benefit from it.

Tiago,

I agree with you. A link would have been nice.

Though, the reason I bought ICES and the Brain Gauge is because he wasnā€™t doing the slick salesperson job. He was anti-marketing. Some of us respond so much better to reverse psychology.

OK, I see your point. I discussed the book a few weeks ago on an interview with Mercola because he had given me some excellent advice to help me recover from my stroke, he subsequently reviewed my findings and book, we agreed it should be put out there for people to be aware of. Basically, we both think people should have access to it the day of their stroke, without delay. I am also planning a few minor revisions based on lessons learned (that was after all only my first book).

But most importantly, I think your Idea is correct, so this is how I hope and plan to raise the profile of high-integrity work in this area - we are putting together a new web page and web store: FluxHealth. I am conceptualizing this as a hub for resources, not a marketing strategy.

It will start small but will grow to have a lot of links to resources, useful products and technologies, scientific information, studies that people can participate in, results of ongoing studies we are conducting, crowdsource intelligence, this forum, enhanced technical support, differing opinions (I am certainly not always right), and features related to new product development.

The web page will be developed by a team of scientists and engineers in the new company FluxHealth. I think the first basic features of the FluxHealth web page should go live by the end of the month (April 2019) or sooner. It will start modestly, but we (Eric, Mark and I) have a very big vision for what it will become.

But bettereveryday is correct. I find the typical marketing approach to be offensive and abusive of people most in need. The FluxHealth site will have a good look and feel, but this is for usability, not slick marketing. For me, the main characteristic will be easy navigability with easy to find but rich, deep, honest, interactive content.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing that much of the vision with us.

Yes, some of us went to the ICES page and at one point there were no testimonials and a lot of warnings and some of us would not have bought it, except that we had watched your YouTube interviews and saw a science focus, rather than a marketing focus.

I appreciate that you have allowed the self-hackers to use these products and have been forthcoming with the limitations and warnings and about how much is still not understood.

I agree with you that typical marketing approach is genuinely abusive to people who are the most in need and that comes at a juncture when people often have to decide how to spend their money with medical issues already costing so much. I have had friends become homeless after medical issues and more than one of my friends are deeply in debt and it is always medical conditions and pain relief which put them there. My uncle, with brain cancer and trigeminal neuralgia had to spend thousands of dollars a month on drugs like oxycontin and it wasnā€™t even touching his pain and he went so far into the donut hole of Medicaid so fast and they threatened him that if he kept spending so much on pain meds that he was going to use up his entire benefit and start no money toward his medical care at all. A pain clinic doctor changed him to Methadone, which changed our lives. $7 a bottle, plus it worked better than any of the other drugs for his pain, but people become addicts and lose their houses and it is such a big deal and there are so few people doing it your way.

Whole Food Plant Based is my other go-to cheap way of avoiding the doctor.

I actually wanted to ask another Brain Gauge question, probably for Mark, since he seems to be writing those things so far. I watched a video where you and Mark were giving a whole list of other ways to examine the brain and at the very end Mark was talking about MRS and said, that the Brain Gauge had something which corresponded to that.

Some of us have wondered about our neurotransmitters since we came from abuse and that tends to create a brain where our neurotransmitters tend to be off. I just wondered which test corresponds to that and what it shows?

Yes, Mark is definitely the person to answer that question.

By the way, I watched some of your interviews with Aaron Coffey and you are excellent at interviewing.

There was such a good balance between science and testimonial and a good balance of meeting of minds.

Excellent.

Thanks. Aaron Coffey is exceedingly intelligent and creative and thoughtful. He reached out to us (I had never met him before), and his good qualities immediately shined through. Most importantly, he has an unstoppable desire to help people. He has a lot of Ideas and insights that never occurred to me, so I thought it was essential to help him get the word out. He knows about a lot of things, not just PEMF, and he accepts no monetary compensation from anyone for his opinions, so his opinions are free of those sorts of biases for sure.

I also listened to your interview with Dr. Mercola about Stroke of Luck and it genuinely made me angry.

My step-motherā€™s stroke, I was trying to tell her about neuroplasticity and they were telling my father and step-mother that she needed rest more than anything and I said, ā€œFrom what I am reading, this first month is such a critical window and you need as much repetition and visualization as possible and sleep at night.ā€

My father got upset with me because I was going against what the doctors and nurses and physical therapists were saying. She lost her independence. I believe that she could still get it back, but it is so much harder 2 years down the road and they blew the critical window because the doctors and nurses and physical therapists were against people trying to do their own plasticity.

There are drugs, which will be coming out, which help increase plasticity, but it is a few years down the road and these years, she already lost things like her driverā€™s license.

This is why Joe Mercola really encouraged me to get the book out and promote it widely. The main thing I say in the book is: do things that you find challenging (such as the rapid clinical assessment tests), repeat them often until you re-master them, and start immediately.

One guy who reviewed my book and gave it a low rating said something like ā€œall he says is to repeat the tests they give youā€¦ā€ Well, I state that, for free, right at the beginning of the book, and YES, that is exactly my point. They will not encourage you to do these very simple and safe things to promote your neuroplasticity and begin your own recovery immediately. I hate the fact that no one will tell you this simple truth. Just doing that one free and simple thing would reduce the needless suffering of millions stroke victims.

Nope, they would rather have you:
1- wait
2- buy a drug

2 Likes

I just bought your book, the 600 page version.

Once I read it Iā€™ll leave a review.

@bettereveryday

I first heard of the brain gauge in a grumpy science video. The concept was groundbreaking, but they spoke about it so casually, that I actually thought it was some sort of joke.

Obviously you donā€™t create a never-before-seen diagnostic tool of such revolutionary precision and speak about it as if you were speaking about what you ate yesterday.

Thatā€™s how bad these guys are at being sleazy :stuck_out_tongue:

Laughing.

I am surrounded by family members who are so much like that.

My brothers both do engineering and machining and repairing things for very little money. They were always science geeks, but not highly ambitious.

I remember trying to take a science class the same year my brother did and he lost his book and never studied, but he got things right on the tests, which the teacher hadnā€™t even gotten up to as a subject yet.

I remember trying to watch ā€œA Brief History of Timeā€ and my brother came in the room and glanced over my shoulder and heard the theory and without pausing for 5 seconds, he said, ā€œDonā€™t listen to him. That man isnā€™t taking time into account.ā€

I laugh because I would have to watch a lot of science music videos to even try to figure any of it out, but somehow, my brother understood things before studying them and I didnā€™t even understand any of it after studying it.

I remember specifically that I did not learn one thing. Not one. But neither did anyone else, but my brother failed all of the homework and got perfect scores on all of the tests and he was the only one who got the labs right. One lab, the teacher said to plot everything on a curve and my brother was the only one who understood the principles well enough to understand that by curve, the teacher meant ā€œstraight line.ā€

We are not wealthy and some of us have brain problems, but I laughed at Grumpy science and ā€œprofessional scienceā€ probably would have scared me away.

I went to the ICES and immediately understood everything.

Bob
You received the gift of your stroke to enable you further science and help others. I love your humility and openness
x

Thanks. I have been struggling with very severe chronic pain and a few other disabilities for a few years, but I feel like I might be making some headway against it, so as I make modest headway defeating these nasty problems, I share what I invent so that others can see if it helps them too.

Just trying to make lemonade from lemons. Otherwise I would find the suffering to be utterly pointless. I actually donā€™t mind myself suffering now if it means our children and grandchildren do not have to suffer so much in the future. This is how I cope.

4 Likes

I just watched an Aaron Coffey interview that starts off discussing how the wire tends to break right where it enters the coil. I had one break that way and when I got replacement coils I coated them with several coats of liquid electrical tape with heavier coating near and on the coil. As soon as it gets tacky you can add more coats and build it up as heavy as you want to. The Liquid Tape will dry out fairly quickly in the container, so you will want to do several at once as it may not be usable later. It has solvents like benzine and xylene so working outside with a mask is a good idea.Liquid%20Tape

2 Likes

That is interesting. Does it seem to be working?