Flux Health Forum

Traumatic Brain Injury

I would consider trying Alpha Wave or Beta 1, 2, or 3 on our M1 or C5 devices. The benefits would be twofold:
1- Waveform shape is correct for reducing inflammation and promoting recovery from brain injury
2- pulse frequencies are in the range to entrain the desired brain states you want to elicit.

Appreciate the reply Bob. Will definitely give those a go.

Would using a9 Omni-8 protocol be viable too in head region? Thanks

Omni-8 works very well for some people, but is irritating to others. So it is highly individual, but is certainly worth a try. Just remember to begin with low intensity for a short period, maybe 10-15 minutes at most, to see how well it is tolerated.

Thank you Bob, will keep that in mind too! :slight_smile:

then also consider reporting back if you decide to try it, to tell us how well it worked (or not). The more we know, the better,

Sure thing, will do that once have tried it for some time. Thank you.

I found a product called Sugru on Amazon, it is a glue that is moldable like silly putty. It works better for me than the liquid tape and is easier to apply. You must of course clean the area good to remove any oils first. The best way to use it is on brand new coils, but I have had old coils that no longer worked come back to life using this, Just make sure you turn the device on and make sure it is clicking when you apply it. I store mine in the freezer so it does not go bad.

1 Like

I have used that material (Sugru). I think it is great. This is a good Idea, thanks.

will definitely be using that product thanks @Linda_Lynn for the mention!

You are welcome! It has lots of uses, besides just the coils. I wish it was cheaper. When you open the packet be ready to use it all, once it is mixed you can’t store it.

1 Like

have you ever tried this type of tape? this might be better than other tapes I’ve tried before in that adhesive will last…
Heavy Duty Silicone Tape Plumbing Self Fusing Silicone Tape Plumbing Tape for Leaks Silicone Water Pipe Rubber Tape Hose Repair Water Seal Watertight Fusion Coax Seal Electrical or Silicone Grip Tape https://a.co/d/fmFWOyu

I actually have had a roll of that tape for about 10 years, but I have not tried it yet on coils. It would be a good test to see which one works better the next time I need to do a repair. It is cheaper than the Surgru. Since they are not interchangeable for some repairs I like to keep both on hand. Great suggestion!

I noticed some of the Sugru treated coils from 6 months ago were starting to lose the bond with the rubber on the coils. I gave the area a good cleaning with alcohol and wrapped it with the silicone tape, starting on the black wire where it goes into the rubber, going right over the top of the Sugru, ending above the end of the Sugru. The tape adhered good to the Sugru, I think the combination of the two works best. The Sugru is flexible like the rubber, more rigid than the tape alone. Flatten the Sugru when putting in to avoid making them bulky and uncomfortable.

1 Like

good to know! thx… been thinking of how i could eliminate the friction that wears out the wire and connection to the coil. will take this into consideration!

love this tape! very sturdy and easy to apply to reinforce wire… will see how long it lasts. Bob, you should definitely consider wrapping with this tape than what you’re currently using!

I had my wife try a self-adhesive silicone tape like that a few years ago. I’ll have her try it again, thanks.

Hey @OptimalHealth, please let us know how the tape helps/doesn’t help the life of the coils. Since we have 2 M1s and use them all the time, I have gone through probably 6 pairs of coils so far in 4.5 years - always due to the connection wearing out from the wire to the coil due to all the movement/mechanical stress it experiences. Would be great to get a little more life out of my new pairs of coils.

dummy me… i misplaced my silicone tape, so i can’t show you the new way I’m taping them that will make the wires last for years if not 10+ years! :slight_smile:

i’ll have to post this on another post later so that it stays on topic. but yes, will let you know how everything goes.

1 Like

I am watching this discussion closely to see how well we can collectively solve/improve the coil life span limits. I just purchased some of the silicone tape you recommended (but I got the clear, not the black). We’ll try your new taping method (when you find your tape!) and at that point I’ll chime in with my technical/practical thoughts.

2 Likes

we should probably move the last few comments of this thread to a separate post specific to coil wear and tear :thinking:

so this was what i was thinking of how to wrap my coil to protect the tugging and wear and tear of the wire from the coil
… loop it like this:

so that ANY tugging on the wire does not stress the connection at the insertion point.

the only disadvantage i see other than a little bulk bulge to the cable is the shortening of the wire.

here’s the finished wrap:

finished set:

1 Like