Flux Health Forum

Extending ICES PEMF Coil Life

Starting a new thread on this topic and linking to old threads including one that is non-obvious. Lots of ideas on how to extend coil life shared on this forum.

1 Like

I have some coils that are 4 years old that I use daily with my C5 but I have worn out others over the years. I wrap them in painters tape because they don’t get gunky, it’s non metallic and I can easily remove it if needed.

I know Bob is a busy man but if there was a way to manufacture a higher price tier of them to be braided similar to the USB cables then that might help alleviate the wear problem.

The following is not meant as a criticism only as my own observation, based on my experience in its use over many years:

There is always a tradeoff, making different choices.

The current wires being used with all the coils has a very big advantage that they are very soft and very flexible and thearfore very comfortable on the body.

The big downside is that the physical and electrical quality of the wire is very much, very very, low consumer grade, which is what causes its (relatively) frequent failures.

If you purchase a pair of earphones for $5 or $10, this is the quality level of the coax which they usually use, but when using a product like a C5 for $1500 people expect a much higher quality cable, to match the super high quality of the C5 device.

In Theory if the wire was of a very high quality coax, it could theoretically be 1000 times stronger, last 1000 times longer and perhaps even it’s electrical properties, such as its frequency response, would be far superior too, with much less signal loss per foot of wire (enabling longer wires too, if and when needed).

The downside would be that it would be not as comfortable on the body and not as flexible and would cost a few small dollars more.

I for one would be happier to sacrifice some of the comfort in favor of a stronger wire with far greater lifespan.

I wonder how other users here feel about this:

If you were hypothetically given the choice, would you prefer the current more comfortable wire, or would you rather sacrifice the comfort of the soft wire if you could choose a higher quality coax with X times greater lifespan?

i haven’t had any problems with the coils themselves… where the cable meets the coil was the problem of wear and tear that i used to have (and which Bob has acknowledged many times wherever mentioned in the forum).

fortunately, after other users have experienced and shared their experiences, we’ve found that using silicone tape has helped reinforce this weak spot.

i haven’t had to change out my coils for about a year(?) since wrapping them. by now (without the tape), the cord would be slowly detaching from the coil.

are you having problems with the coil specifically? that could be remedied by sandwiching or even using a firm piece of plastic or cardboard etc against the coil :thinking:

I’d do that if I had issues with the coil. maybe not ideal, these "fixes"but it’s likely more practical than Bob searching for materials and redesigning…i believe he’s the only one that designs and implements the builds… until he grows his product development and manufacturing side, i don’t think we’ll see any change in what’s already working.

when pemf becomes more mainstream and the word that specifically ices products actually deliver at a reasonable price compared to the hyped and overpriced market, i can see things growing here along with the product development

I’ve done something similar, taped them up extremely strongly at that point, and my coils last for many years but it’s very clumsy that way, doesn’t look or feel too good for clients to use it that way.

I also wish the coils could be black instead of white because white gets discolored very, very quickly and again makes it look very bad and unprofessional when I use it to help many different people, whom I help heal with it.

Coils can easily be sanitizes and be perfectly germ free, but you can’t get rid of the discoloration, whearas black instead of white would easily solve this problem.

To suggest to wrap the coil in tape or in saran wrap or plastic bag? Of course that could theoretically work, but it’s s very uncomfortable
and clumsy to use it that way.

It would be much more practical, simply, if the color was just black instead of white.

It’s just a suggestion for possible future improvements whenever the next batch of coils are made, eventually.

Especially if the Goal is to attract as many people as possible, to using this technology, (people tend to judge a book by its cover) then if the coils are more attractive looking and less of a hassle, should make the masses more attracted to its use (and vice versa).

I just ordered today a large batch of coils.
For people like me and you, we will use it as is, anyway, regardless but for many others, it makes a difference.

Just reinforced my C5 Matt’s coils as well as several pairs of coils for my M1 and A9 with silicon tape. Thanks for the suggestion. Looking forward to seeing if it extends the life of the coils. I believe it will.

1 Like