Flux Health Forum

Thoughts on Sleep

I have the Snore Circle Sleep Apnea Monitor and I’m satisfied with it—it is a lightweight mask thru which you can breathe easily and it records AHI events in an app that is pretty user-friendly. It does not monitor O2 saturation though.

I have a CPAP (Resmed)

Hello everyone! Wanted to throw in my experience with the M1 and sleep. I routinely wake up too early in the morning, sometimes after a prolonged nap the night prior, which cuts into my sleep time. Although I feel great afterwards, its often 2 or 3am, and I know the day will be miserable since I will be tired. So in anticipation, I set my M1 to Delta intensity 6. The coils are taped together and secured with a head strap. Last time this happened, I placed the coils on the back of my head, targeting the cerebellum. I propped myself up since the coils prevent me from lying down comfortably. I didn’t notice anything right away, but after a period of time, maybe 30 minutes, I started entering into a very deep and profound sleep state. I’ve never experienced such a thing! I remember thinking to myself how amazing this was happening without any medication, and it was far stronger than any sleep aids I have taken previously. I was able to repeat it again, but this time, I put the coils in back of my left ear so I could lay down horizontally. It worked again, but my feeling is the affect is stronger when the coils are centered directly in back of the head.

1 Like

This is very interesting, thanks. And one important thing to note is that you saw the effect when using a relatively low intensity setting (6).

1 Like

sleeping on stacked coils behind my head in theta and even Delta i haven’t been able to sustain consistent sleep results. it’s been awhile, but I’ll have to try again and report back… I’ve set at 3 and 8 for power too

I also use the delta waveform at intensity level 6 to facilitate deep, restful sleep that is better than any chemical. I simply put the coils inside the pillow case under my pillow and that is good enough for me. Incidentally—sometimes if I feel groggy in the morning I will go up thru the alpha and beta waveforms until the grogginess is gone. It only takes about 10 minutes.

3 Likes

hmmm that has not been my consistent experience. i put at the back of my head but will try side next

this was an unexpected benefit that I’d like to share. my mom was having some occasional, dull gut pain… suspect pancreas… she had been using the a9 with a 2x2 coil at night set at M for the last 2 weeks. since the pain is sporadic with no cause nor reason recognized, i can’t say tell how much it helped.

this Saturday i set her up with stacked 2x2 on the center right side of her abdomen and a single 2x2 on her back across from the stack; i don’t have a 4th 2x2 to stack on back. my original intent was to just help with gut healing in that area… i expected maybe some detox effect (headache) the next day if anything. she generally has no gut issues.

the next morning i asked if she noticed anything, and she told me she noticed that she slept very well … “a deep sleep” were her words. she used it the next night and i asked her how it was… she said she had a similar good sleep. the third night was the same as the previous. i left the c5 with her for the week to see how it works out for her. between my wife and me, i have not had a solid opportunity (multiple nights) to use similarly on my gut bc she has been using it for her (recently diagnosed) degenerative bulging disc at her lower back nightly.

I’m wondering a few things:

how many people can also experience a restful, deep sleep from using ices on their gut;

that multiple sets of coils (from multiple devices or a c5) can bring a more noticeable benefit than just a single device; and

at what number of devices/coils would be optimal for most benefit of a troubled area where a single a9 or m1 for someone does not have a notice any difference

1 Like

I would like to add that the unexpected effect of “an unusually good, deep sleep” when using the C5/B5 pad, or even just a 2x2 array, on the abdomen, or sleeping with it somewhere under the torso, is something I hear quite often. Both of my elderly in-laws, and numerous friends and family, and I myself have this experience. So, I definitely think there is something to it.

Important parameters to consider:

Some people seem to benefit from any pulse pattern, while others benefit from an appropriate brainwave entrainment pattern. For example, alpha wave works best for me personally.

There is a wide individual variability in sensitivity to intensity level. People have told me that they use as low as “3”, others tell me they set it to 11 or 12.

Many people benefit from just one or a few randomly-placed 2x2 coil arrays, others prefer a mat made of 2x2 coil arrays.

The most typical I think, based on what I hear, would be a person just sleeping on one or two 2x2 coil arrays, placed roughly under or on their chest and/or abdomen as they sleep, using a pulse pattern of Delta, Theta or Schumann 1, 2, 3, or 4, with an intensity setting of 8 or 9. I think this represents a typical use during sleep that seems to yield positive benefits.

1 Like

this is good to know. I’ll have to try an a9 with a 2x2 placed there to see how that compares.

I couldn’t help but think about this connection, and why pulsing the gut could be synonymous with the brain. Slightly easier to pulse this part of the body, I’ll have to give it a try next time.

Your gut is directly connected to your brain, by a newly discovered neuron circuit | Science | AAAS

Here is the article in PDF form:

2 Likes

Sharing some observations after 6 years of diving into my family’s health:

Endotoxemia has been a common issue and signaling/toxins can travel up the vagus nerve causing royal havoc on quality and duration of sleep, mood, temperament, perception of reality, motivation, and mental clarity. I have seen Immunoglobulins (Immunolin is the trademarked source - Orthomolecular SBI Protect and Microbiome Labs Mega IgG2000) as the best binder reducing the toxic load/signaling traveling up the vagus nerve. Additional binders per my other posts of Clinoptilolite clay (eg. Toxaprevent), Bentonite Clay, and Activated Charcoal are also helpful.

I am also convinced that one of the best ways to lower inflammation in the gut and reduce pathogenic bacteria, yeast, or amoebas is with ICES PEMF.

I used to wake up consistently at 4am even though I wanted to sleep until 6am. By working on my gut, I now sleep like a baby until I want or need to wake up. I used to feel like I had a motor running in my brain that I could not turn off, now I feel like I have the same high level of drive but can be present and calm which is a blessing. By working on my gut, I can now go without food for 24 hours and not think twice about it. By using immunoglobulins, a ultra sensitive family member, can now use ICES PEMF for 5 minutes on the gut and experience positive effects. We are slowly working up the length of ICES PEMF on their gut.

Additionally, I have seen in family and friends that COVID wreaks havoc on the gut microbiome. I am seeing it on GI MAP test results for family members. Anxiety is a common issue in Long Covid. SigA level appears in my family to be a key indicator of how one responds to COVID.

I hope by sharing the combination of ICES PEMF and Immunoglobulins that have helped us could possibly help someone else.

Also, Jill Carnahan has multiple good articles on Immunoglobulins, recovering from COVID’s effects, and vagus nerve.

3 Likes

I use an M1 at night on DELTA frequency with 1 single coil on my neck at the back of the head. and 1 on my right Trap which I have a bit of a pain going on at the moment with. I have tried at intensity 5 and the sleep was not great. I moved it to 7 and it works great. The girlfriend tried 2 coils on the back of the head at intensity 11 and found she felt upon waking an hour and half later that she felt like she had been kicked in the head. Since then she has gone right of it. I did advise her to stick with 5 or 6 but she didnt listen. But then I dont go out with her for her brains. So I am ultra happy with the M1. Even If I wake for a call of nature. I can fall asleep easily again, Its fantastic. Plus it is a lot cheaper than the Flexpulse unit and Its is a smaller unit.
If you buy anything else you are just kidding yourself in regard to Sleep.

Today’s results were interesting. I’ve only had the chance to try this 2 times in the last two weeks. Last week I used double stack coils on level 8 theta and placed them on my forehead. I only slept 5.5h, but of all the times I’ve slept 5-5.5 hours, the quality of my sleep would be rated “poor,” usually bc of duration and how short my cycles would be in the light and deep sleep. this is monitored by my Garmin watch. Last week with the stack on my forehead, it rated my sleep quality “fair”… I didn’t get a chance to try out the m1 on my sleep until last night. I’ve been reducing my coffee intake bc my sleep quality and duration have been horrible… If I tried to sleep for more than 6h (going to bed before 10), I’d wake up at 2 or 3 and be up for at least an hour before I could go back to sleep. Last night I got about 7h of sleep… I never looked at how pemf affected the quality of my sleep until just last week.

most times I’m sleeping more than 5h, I’m waking up for a total of 30 mins to 1h easily.

I’ll have to experiment further…

This was the first time I noticed my numbers for quality… generally I can’t tell until the end of the day when I start nodding off despite having coffee in the morning. What’s more interesting is that I had a lot more coffee than I had been getting - 20oz vs. 5 oz each day over the last 2 days and no coffee the 2 days before that.

This time I had it stacked on Omni at level 9 on my forehead. and I didn’t nod off by 4p like I usually do :astonished::grinning:

1 Like

my continued use on forehead using Omni stacked, power 8 (or 10 side by side) has for the last week+ been effective in giving my restful sleep compared to not using.

what would you @Bob recommend a good test setup be that i (we) should try. my Garmin definitely reflects a change in my restlessness and quality of sleep without pemf

i have done 2-3 days with the “brain frequencies” and they aren’t nearly as effective if i want a restful (per Garmin measures and waking up middle of night), uninterrupted sleep.

Honestly, I do not understand the science of sleep well enough to formulate a comprehensive experiment on the topic, but as a practical matter, I would say that people seek ways to achieve better sleep because they do not feel their sleep is adequately deep and/or restful, not because of a number from a test result, like blood pressure or a blood panel.

So, I would start by simply taking note of that feeling each time you try something new: does it seem to help or not? I don’t think sleep is well understood in general, so I think it is likely that our measurements of sleep are just indirect “proxy” measurements of sleep quality. These are simply the things we can measure, such as movement, temperature, or skin galvanometry to name a few, then we try to infer what this might mean for sleep.

But I would say the bottom line is: how do you feel? Better, worse, about the same?

As for test setups, once again, this is a huge unknown, plus the fact that everyone responds differently. The biggest arguments I have seen between clinicians who use PEMF are its effects on sleep. I would look at any study in this area as a nearly total individual study: what is best for that one unique individual? That will require trial and error on all aspects: pulse pattern, coil placement, intensity, duration, etc.

1 Like

Hello. I am very interested if you have any more comments on using your M1 for improved sleep.

Been sleeping fine these days, no need at this point.