Flux Health Forum

Specific uses of PEMF where I have heard generally negative feedback

I got the vertigo tonight for the first time. I have used the M1 and C5 so many times that I was fascinated that I got it.

I haven’t been supplementing very often because of how expensive it gets. I do take B12 because I am vegan, but in the past when I have had vertigo it was low Magnesium, so I just took my supplements out.

Please let us know how quickly it fades away (or not), and your observations of what may have caused it and your opinions on how to effectively correct it. Thanks.

Will do.

It started after a brain session last night and was still there this morning. I am taking my Magnesium today and it is mild.

My unscientific thoughts are that it is my not taking my Magnesium and that the ICES affects Calcium.

You would understand that better than I would.

Years ago, I had it much worse than I have it now. Mostly, I felt myself walking like a drunken sailor last night and this morning. Years ago, when I had it, I couldn’t stand up. Supplementing made vertigo a non-issue, but supplementing is its own issue for my pocketbook, so though I do supplement, it is more sporadic for some things.

And you might want to consider that it might be BPPV:

That has been my problem, and PEMF definitely exacerbates it.

You can usually correct BPPV with the Epley Maneuver:

It is helpful to get clinical advice on the correct way to do the Epley Maneuver.

Thanks, yes, I remember these from back when I had it years ago.

Do you think the PEMF contributes to the calcium deposits getting loose in the inner ear?

WebMD has 4 maneuvers people can try.

Not sure I am coordinated enough to try a half-somersault maneuver without going the rest of the way over, but it is nice to have a few options.

Yes, I am thinking the PEMF pulses might help dislodge loose otoloths in the inner ear if you are prone to BPPV. That is just my hypothesis, but that is currently what I think. When it happens to me, I can correct it immediately with a simple Epley maneuver, so I know it is BPPV induced by PEMF near my ears.

Bob, quick question. Can your devices A9, M1, C5 go through a x-ray machine. I have to x-ray my things when I go to work and would like to know if they’re ok to go through x-ray equipment. Thanks.

some people have done this and there has never been a problem so far as I know. Main thing to keep them away from is water.

I had major reconstructive ear surgery a couple of months ago. The first 24 hours I had a cone on my head so I couldn’t use my m1. I took the pain pills every four hours like clockwork the pain was so severe. The second day I started using my m1, I placed it over my ear for about an hour every couple of hours . I only took two pain pills , one every 10 hours, that day and by the third day I was completely off the pain meds. I would get ringing in my ear for the first 15 mins or so and then it would stop.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing Cervin!

Switching from pain pills every 4 hours to pain pills every 10 hours to none at all in 3 days is a significant change.

Interesting about the ringing in the ears.

I am so sensitive to the clicking that I am not sure I would notice ringing in the ears.

I forgot to say it, but the vertigo is gone. It lasted about a day and a half.

I did have a very short-lived, very minor potentially negative side effect yesterday while I was using it on my brain. I started having sensitivity to sounds, which I don’t usually have. I have had it before, when I was a young person - where someone eating something loud could annoy me, but I haven’t experienced that since I was a teenager. Suddenly, the sound of traffic and laundry and my coworker’s radio all started to annoy me at the same time. I shut it off and that went away. I have been shifting where on the brain I am treating, so I am not sure if it was related to that or not. It wasn’t a big deal. It just was noticeable.

Not sure if it`s related or not, but when I was still experimenting with my knees and before I settled on something that seems to help my hands, I noticed that I had to increase my B100-complex intake quite substantially (as in about twice as much, once in the a.m., once in the p.m.). I use the B to help wrist pain.

When I was knee-experimenting, it did seem to make things worse, so Ive taken a break and as noted elsewhere Ive got something going that seems to help the hands/wrists and the B needs seem to have gone down.

Too multi-factorial to be sure, but I wonder if it was ICES-related?

Interesting observation. My sense is that it is real. I think ICES-PEMF may increase the utilization of some nutrients because of accelerated healing, so these same nutrients may be depleted as seen from other tissues that need them too.

Yes, that makes sense and was along the lines I was thinking.

Not also targeting the knees would decrease the healing “draw”. I should try an ABAB test. :slight_smile:

Yes! Please give it a try and report your results here.

BTW, I take a bit extra Omega 3, K2, D3, and some substrate molecules such as egg shell membrane, precisely because I suspect this is happening with accelerated bone/cartilage remodeling. Would always rather have a bit extra than not enough, so long as it is not toxic.

LOL! I take a WHACK (translation from Canadian usage = a LOT) of fish oil and D3 for inflammation. K2 added in for bones and calcium use.

Plus other things, including SPF resolvins to complement the omegas.

Let me think about knee targeting – a wee bit of trepidation about increasing pain again. :thinking:

yeah, on second thought, no need to suffer any more than necessary. If you find that increased B100 complex is necessary when using ICES-PEMF, that alone is a great observation.

Another thought: various constituents of the B100 complex may be electro-labile, and may be being degraded by the induced currents. Just a wild guess. If this is the case, you would also see this with TENS, micro-current, etc. Maybe you are just paying close enough attention to notice the subtle effect.

I did try a knee again to see if I could specifically influence a “snapping” I get that hurts and leads to more swelling. When I tried it, it had the snap, but otherwise not much pain or swelling.

I did 15 min of alpha at level 5 in the morning and by a bit later in the day it was very swollen and painful and hasn’t recovered yet. Not sure what that’s all about, but I may have to let go of the belief that the stimulation has to help… sigh…

I get the same result with left hip impingement. I do sometimes specifically try to induce a snap (internal rotation of my left foot with leg extended usually does it), and this invariably results in pain and swelling and loss of range of motion. But when I use PEMF both before and after doing this, it does help reduce the pain (eventually). Without PEMF it just hurts and keeps on hurting forever. But I am finding that the more I induce it and use PEMF before and after, the less it hurts. I have gotten it down to the point now where it hardly causes pain, but the popping of the tendon is still there. IR seems to be helping with this when combined with PEMF.

1 Like

I think I didn’t describe that very well :wink:

The snap is a repetitive little internal “click” that starts up either when I walk too much or completely randomly (like overnight). I used “snap” because it’s not something audible, which “click” implies. If I try to ignore it and walk around anyway, it gets more swollen and painful.

If I use PEMF on it at night or in the morning when it’s already swollen and clicking, it seems to get yet worse - more swollen and the clicking + swelling seems to last longer in terms of days than if I don’t use it. Without it, it seems to go down in a couple days, with it even once, it might last all week. When I’ve tried it during a good period, I seem to become swollen after use (though whether that’s the PEMF or just the end of a run of good days, who can say??).

BUT I have the impression that if I’m using the PEMF on my hands and hips (which don’t much generally), then I generally feel better even in my knees on the “good days” - like a distributed effect.

I just can’t seem to find a “safe zone” where the PEMF helps pain/swelling/function directly at the knees. I’ll try the IR to see if that could do it, but it will take a bit of time to arrive way up north here ;-).