Flux Health Forum

Specific uses of PEMF where I have heard generally negative feedback

I think I understand. I get mixed results on the clicking in my hip. That is a different thing than my hip joint pain, of course, though they are in almost the same spot on my left hip. And both are different from my regional pain in my let leg. Apparently I have a lot of issues…
– The deep joint pain (presumably the cartilage degeneration/loss) responds very well to PEMF.
– The more superficial “clicking” pain, which I think is left hip impingement, is less responsive to PEMF alone, but is somewhat responsive to PEMF + infra-red.
– The regional pain in my left leg, which runs from my groin to the back of my left knee, is somewhat responsive to PEMF, but only after treating areas from behind the knee up to the groin area for a while. It seems to respond even better to PEMF + IR.
Since the hip impingement for me is not very responsive to PEMF, I need to combine iliopsoas stretches with PEMF after. This combination, for me, is really effective.

Have you tried the combination of PEMF and Deep Sauna?
If so for how long?
I use Sauna therapy several times a week for atleast four thirty minute sessions at 173- 200 degrees F, incombinaation separately with PEMF and an individualized and evolving dietary routins with excellent sibjective results. When I get my PQ or Kerilian test re-measured or Viome Gut bacteria tes, I will give you a potentially useful result based upon an objective measurement with atleast the confounding factors already mentioned.

I have tried it and I found it helpful, but I did not measure it or record it. A deep sauna environment could be damaging to any form of electronics, so I did not spend a lot of time with it.

With a cabinet type sauna it would be easy to have the device outside and the wires lead to the coils inside the sauna. I have a cabinet style with near, medium and far infra red and will start trying it.

I don’t have a cabinet-type sauna, but if I did I would certainly try what you suggest. I have had companies contact me to see if we can integrate ICES-PEMF with their saunas or their IR or HBOT systems. In my opinion, this should be pretty easy to do. Though I am interested, they each demanded a lot of limiting agreements which would have prevented me from helping anyone else to do this sort of fairly obvious thing if they wanted to, so I declined any offers that required “exclusivity” to build these types of systems.

4 Likes

Oops. Unintentionally did a little single-blind on myself.

I use the device with clients generally using an OMNI setting. For me, I’ve continued to need the apha setting at level 4. I’ve avoided direct use on my knees and thought I was still seeing indirect knee benefit from hands and hips and/or calves and/or feet.

My knees have been great after being drained, a wee steroid injection, and discovering that walking up steep hills stops the clicking/snapping.

BUT on Monday, I set the device for a client, then forgot to change it for myself that night. Used it on my calves + nose-IR for 30 -60 minutes, then overnight on my hands as usual. Woke up with a swollen knee, quite stiff and painful and my hands were more sensitive than usual all day.

Tried to “correct” it right away with another 30 min of alpha that morning, but no luck. This doesn’t test the b-complex need, since I used the Omni setting on my hands as well, but still a verifiction of the importance of the settings and validity check on the results. :wink:

Still waiting for the swelling to come down… but I read here that it typcailly was a week or so after using an unriendly setting, so I’ll be patient…

1 Like

That is very interesting (and unfortunate… sorry you have to suffer through that). Some people are very sensitive, and the responses can be somewhat extreme as you describe. I have made the same mistake myself (as recently as yesterday). For me, too much intensity has similar consequences.

2 Likes

Thanks – It was kind of good news - bad news. :wink:

Good news - I know why my knee went crazy and I (re-)established the effectiveness of the device and my settings. It’s worse when it happens and I have no idea why. Also - I won’t repeat that mistake! I hope.

Bad news - It’s swollen, but not as painful as it might have been before!

@Bob I’m kind of doing the ABAB we played with above…

I had increased finger pain recently and decided to try turning down the level, based on your observations of gradually needing less. So I’m now using alpha at level 2 and this seems to allow me to sneak up on my knees - doing 15-30 minutes just below and just above each knee am and again at bedtime. That seems to be somewhat of a help.

But I’ve again noticed that my wrists are hurting with this increased use. I’ve increased the B-complex, but am not yet out of the woods. I want to keep at it for a few days more, then I’ll try skipping the knees for a while and see if the wrists feel better. Stay tuned… :wink:

FLU SHOT PAIN IN INJECTION AREA.

my kids went to get their flu shots yesterday and after their injection they had the expected bruising type pain after the shot.

i was hoping to “erase the pain” by putting the magic ring on my kid’s shoulder and massaging the area after 10mins placement with a9 on high… the pain felt the same. also tried massaging for the next 3 mins… didn’t help. then left it on for another 20 mins… he said it felt more painful (when rubbed) :astonished:

this morning it was sore… so i put him back on it on medium setting for 10 mins… rubbed later and he said the pain felt the same.

so for that one instance, it didn’t help reduce the pain.

#2.
my wife got her flu shot Tuesday… Thursday i put the coil on her for 30 mins on high… the pain went down from 7 to a 2… so i wonder if waiting a few days makes a difference? I’ll try later to see if the coil can remove the pain completely from my wife’s arm.

i was just curious to see if PEMF worked with this kind of pain

UPDATE:
we came home from lunch about 3hrs after the second treatment and 22hrs after the first treatment… my son just noticed his arm pain from the injection is COMPLETELY gone. i poked at it… squeezed it… yup… completely gone.

i don’t know what to make of this.

so, i took my second son (never tested and about 22.5hrs after getting his flu shot (11/1, 4p) and treated his arm with the a9 at medium setting for 30mins.

pain felt the same after first treatment.

TBC…

1 Like

UPDATE ON FLU SHOT PAIN:
Pain was completely gone the next day… who knows if it would have resolved by third day in its own tho?

just interesting coincidence…

That’s always the problem: individual variability makes any one observation very difficult to ascribe to any specific mechanism or cause.

hopefully others during this flu season who do take shots will try this experiment. maybe i should create a separate post so people can see and add their experience? :thinking:

OK, good Idea.

FWIW, I had my flu shot 3 weeks ago, used my PEMF on it immediately for about 2 hours and had no pain whatsoever.

About 6 weeks ago, I also got my second shingles vaccination (2-shot sequence). I had used my ICES-PEMF immediately after each one and had no pain or soreness.

That was my experience, but also consider:
1- My bias in favor of my own technology
2- The fact that I tolerate injections well and rarely have pain or soreness.

1 Like

I was watching an infomercial on ScalpMED. My friend has thinning hair as an elderly woman and is looking for what to try and that one has some pretty interesting before and after shots. Some people have gone from fairly bald to a fairly full head of hair in 5 months. I am not advertising for them, but I am saying it because if it works, they are saying it works by opening the channels for blood and oxygen and nutrition to flow to the hair roots.

They said that baldness is caused when a hormone called DHT constricts blood vessels that supply vital oxygen and nutrients to hair follicles, until eventually, the follicles can no longer grow hair and that their method works by keeping blood vessels in your scalp open and that having the blood vessels open allows oxygen and nutrients to flow into hair follicles, helping to revive the dying follicles.

The things that people are trying are all about increasing blood flow and oxygen to the scalp.

I know that there is a greedy scam industry, but things like infrared and PEMF are things I use for increasing blood flow and oxygen. I am not saying that it will work. I am saying that I am thinking that it might help even at slowing hair loss if it really is related to lack of blood flow.

1 Like

Um… not on the ear per se but I have TMJ, which is right next to my ears. I suspect I may already have some ear issues because of the inflammation from the nearby TMJ joints. I don’t have tinnitus, though.

I put the coil on my right TMJ. I had trouble sleeping because I was hearing the clicks, but the jaw felt better the next day.

A lot of people ask about tinnitus and the effects of pemf for tinnitus in general. This has been going on for years as far as I know, and people have been asking me questions, so I’m led to believe that tinnitus is a much more pervasive health problem than is generally appreciated.

I did post a few comments about this elsewhere, but I can say that as far as I know, ICES-PEMF has variable effects from individual to individual on tinnitus. basically, in my experience because I also tried it for tinnitus on myself, I found that it seemed to make things worse a little bit but the effects were temporary. Several other people who use ICES regularly told me the same thing: Their tinnitus got a bit worse until they stopped using ICES, and then it returned back to their baseline state. Some people who are experts with PEMF have told me that you just simply have to keep applying it until the benefits occur and that initially with pemf sometimes you have a mild negative effect followed by a long-term positive effect. For some applications of PEMF this may be true, but I never tried ICES on tinnitus long enough to see any indication of this.

So I think as far as tinnitus is concerned, whether or not it is helped or made worse by ICES, this remains an open question. I do know that many other pemf manufacturers and marketers claim that their system will cure tinnitus (and everything else), but I would just view any such claims with cautious skepticism. I’ve never seen any reliable scientific information on this topic. But theoretically I could see it either way: either there’s a general benefit to the inner ear from pemf, or the possibility that magnetic pulses that are applied so close to the ear may cause more problems with the hair cells in the ear. Scientifically I have to say I simply don’t have enough information to have a strong opinion either way on this topic.

I joined the forum specifically to try and get some guidance on using the A9 device for dizziness…and I found this post in my first search about it…oops…bit sad to hear that Bob has not seen evidence of it working for people with dizziness.

Some details of my specific case:
I’ve been dizzy daily for past 2.5 years
I became dizzy after a viral infection made me seriously ill after being normal and quite healthy up till then.
I’m early 30s. Female.
I’ve since found ways to mitigate the after effects of this viral infection (I went the traditional western medicine route at first had various tests to rule out brain diseases and other potential big issues but nearly every doc gave up on me or thought I was faking it, after never being a hypochondriac or really even ill at all for the first 30 years of my life…so I started doing some biohacking, altering my supplements based on my genetics with help of information from DNA test, naturopath consultations, my own research on rhonda patrick’s site, doing whole body cryotherapy, sauna, meditation etc)but I still have dizziness (I’ve been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and per one doc potentially reactive arthritis or Rheumatoid Arthritis…I’ve been unable to attend follow up appts due to pandemic and being fearful of going out)

The one thing that helped me in a remarkable way with dizziness is steroids. I’ve only had a shot once but it was the least dizzy I’d been for years. In addition some days I simply am not as bad as others, but the exact mechanism of why some days I’m better I still haven’t discovered. I made the leap of thinking IF inflammation is the cause of my particular dizziness -and I believe so given that a steroid helped in past unlike nearly everything else -and if PEMF is so helpful for inflammation and given that many people report using them near their brain for long periods safely…I would give it a shot.

I’ve used the A9 with coils held to my head via a fabric headband in various positions for past 3 days. usually I stick the coils in front of my ears and just above but also do at base of skull…closer to ears…closer to eyes as some element of my dizziness has impacgted my ability to focus on moving objects as well, I did go to vision therapy and was treated and graduated out of it, they did ‘all they could do’ they said and suggested some sort of vestibular therapy which I went to as well (I have done it ALL). I’ve spent over 6 hours a day with them on my head for past couple of days.

I am beyond the point of being afraid to get my hopes up, given how much time money I’ve given up on this quest… But I would say there’s a 10% decrease in dizziness when they’re on me now. Maybe even 15-20%. I have seen no ill effects. I’ve tried a plethora of things and somehow none of them had this effect. Is it placebo? Maybe? I mean that’s not impossible I guess…How do I test that? I have a lot of hope it keeps getting better…that’d be enough proof for me.

thanks for reading…and good luck everyone on your health journeys :slight_smile: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

If it seems to help a bit for any particular condition, generally I suggest that people try different coil positions/configurations. Interestingly, most people who try this tell me that one particular coil orientation works markedly better than the others. Each person and injury varies, so there are not generic guidelines for precise coil placement. But most people can start to zero in on what will work for them after trying a few different coil placement strategies and comparing their different results.

I am not a qualified diagnostician, and I know you probably get all kinds of suggestions but what you describe sounds like textbook Benign Paroxysmal Postural Vertigo (BPPV)—has this been ruled out? The treatment for BPPV is in Physical Therapy and I know this because I had BPPV and many PT clinics have a practitioner who specializes in treating it. It characteristically follows a viral Upper Respiratory Infection as you describe and is affected by posture which you did not mention. Besides PT, it helped me to have scalp acupuncture (the acupuncturist has to specially trained in scalp acupuncture). I also benefitted from eye exercises and it turns out that there is a link between the eyes and the inner ear. There are even special clinics that take this approach but I never tried it, I just did eye exercises on my own. I still get vertigo sometimes but not very often and when I do the first thing I do is my eye exercises. Let me know if that interests you and I can send you the eye chart I use.

Best of luck!

Robert

PS I have to say this even though I don’t want to. My 53 year-old sister also had vertigo and her insurance company would not pay for the MRI her doctor ordered so she did not have the imaging done. A few months ago she started getting severe headaches so she went to the ER and they did an MRI. She has a glioblastoma and her life expectancy is about 14 months with a survival beyond 2 years of 5%. Of possible interest to Dr. Dennis—They did prescribe for her the PEMF helmet that is FDA approved as it extends life expectancy by almost a year (during which time new treatments might be developed). My sister, who has excellent health insurance from Blue Cross would have to pay $2000 per month out of pocket for the PEMF helmet so she will probably die instead.