Flux Health Forum

M1 Belt Clip

Hello. I quickly received my new M1 last week, and I was wondering if anyone has found a little belt clip that fits it. If so, please attach info or a link. I’m using it primarily for my back and would like to clip the device to my pants.

Also, I’m guessing I shouldn’t place the device on top of the coils when I wrap my back? Please verify.

One other question, how sweat and water resistant is the M1 - say if I wear it on a hike?

Thanks in advance,
Jana in NC

1 Like

It’s pretty resistant to sweat, but as for all electronics, best to keep it dry. a simple plastic bag will do the trick.

Belt clip: An external pouch or fanny pack with a firm attachment is best. A belt clip by itself is not a good Idea. You may be too young to recall, but 20 years ago all cell phones (mostly flip phones) came with belt clips because they were convenient. They conveniently made it easy to rip the phone from your belt and dash it on the ground. Notice how, after 20+ years of experience in the market, smart phones generally do not come with belt clips. People eventually learn, even if very slowly…

So, if you have to wear it outside of a pocket, try a fanny-pack or look for a padded case, hard case would be best (like a small camera case), with a loop that can be firmly attached and prevents any chance of it being ripped from your body, which would eventually happen if you run, hike, bike, etc.

1 Like

Bob,

Thank you so much. And, I’m definitely old enough to remember. I grew up when phones were attached to the walls in homes :slight_smile:

Welcome to our community! I have never had any issues putting the device on the opposite side of the coils when I wrap it around my back/arm/leg wherever. It works just fine. @Bob 's devices are incredibly well built and very durable.

Please do take a moment to share your results/findings, etc after you use the device.

Sure, it’s no problem for you to place the device on top of or near the coils.

1 Like

Check this thread:

And I second the fanny pack, even with a padded case around the device.

1 Like

I just wore my A9 on a 4 hr hike, as we live in Central America and it is rainy season, we were in pouring rain 90% of the time and soaked to the skin. I forgot I had put the A9 on my low back as my L/S disc has flared after a fall on rocks in our river, but it is likely why I had no pain as we mountain climbed. It was all inside the Ice Wraptor (ice pack with long velcro you can attach around the waist) and only under a thin tank top and it was not wet! I also dropped it momentarily in a puddle getting out of the car last October and it was still good. The Ice Wraptor is very comfortable, I forget it is on most of the time. Just place it under my shirt, use the short coils to all go inside the pocket.

2 Likes