Flux Health Forum

Attempt to Improve Hip Bursitis

I am new to PEMF and still learning. My wife frequently has issues with painful bursitis in her left hip, supposedly caused by problems in her knee (which isn’t painful but has been bone on bone for years). The past 3 weeks she has had a flare-up. It was painful enough that she had a cortisone injection in her hip (which unfortunately didn’t help with the pain). I also tried using the C5 with various coil configurations and on various protocols and intensities, but this also didn’t seem to reduce the swelling or pain. Finally she tried rubbing some magnesium oil on it the night before last and the next day reported that this had improved the pain significantly and swelling. I’m really happy that she finally got some relief. But I couldn’t help but feel frustrated that I wasn’t able to help her with the C5 given that pain and edema are a couple of the most well documented maladies known to respond favorably to PEMF. I tried Stacked coils, side by side coils, the 2x2 array, Omni 8, Shumann 4, B5-C5. I tried intensities from 4 to 15. But nothing seemed to provide any relief. I have had quite a bit of early success with PEMF, but still it difficult to feel as though I let her down. Thanks for listening, & any advice is appreciated.

How many hours a day for how many days before you drew the conclusion that it didn’t provide any relief?

Sounds like she might have a structural alignment issue. The only person I recommend for structural alignment is Dr. Stephen Davidson D.O. (602) 246-8977. If there is not already permanent damage, he can help.

Also try DMSO cream or spray and they have one with magnesium. There is literature and products for it’s use here:

https://dmso.store/shop/

PEMF helps with many things and so don’t give up on it. Sometimes it can be used in combination with other therapies to enhance the healing process but it’s a good idea to address the root cause of a problem. Anyway, I hope you find her some relief.

1 Like

Hey TajD

These acute flare-ups don’t last all that long 1-3 weeks generally. I used our C5 daily for at least a week on her. Usually multiple times per day. Typically for at least an hour, some times as many as 3 hours at a time.

I have seen results (pain relief) on myself and my daughter (with pain/swelling) after as little as one 15 minute treatment, so it’s startling that her body is so resistant to the treatments.

I’m certainly not giving up, or losing confidence in this, just a little frustrated, and looking for any input others might have. I know each person is an individual, and as such responds differently to various stimuli.

1 Like

Thanks Stevie & thanks for the link!

Colin

Wow, you and your daughter may be considered “hyper responders” if as little as 15 minutes for one treatment helped. One in my family is not a hyper responder and has benefited from >8 hours for intercostal muscle strain. Perhaps try 8+ hours and see if that provides some relief? I am also finding oral BPC-157 with SNAC (to increase bioavailability) has helped injuries and accelerate ICES PEMF assisted repair.

2 Likes

Thanks TajD. From my small data sample my wife does seem to be the outlier in terms of response to pemf. I will persist. Never heard hyper responder before, but I have much to learn about so many topics, especially PEMFt. I wonder if it (our response) has anything to do with the mutation of the MC1R gene (my daughter & I are both redheads), the MCR1 gene is involved in melanin production and pain response. The nutrition side of healing, and maintenance is an area I am very interested in as well, so I appreciate you sharing the info on “BPC-157 with SNAC”. I will add that to the list of several supplements I have seen referenced here including gly-NAC, and S-adenosyl methionine that I need to investigate and potentially add

Thanks again!

"