Flux Health Forum

Vagus Nerve Stimulation and Covid

New paper. Thoughts anyone? Makes sense the parasympathetic supports rest/digest/heal/immunity

[PDF] Perspectives on the use of electrostimulation with the device “VEB” in the management of disorders related to COVID-19

VY Babelyuk, IL Popovych, NV Babelyuk…

Background. One of the symptoms of COVID-19 is the so-called" cytokine storm". Its pathogenesis is that the initial release by lymphocytes and macrophages of proinflammatory cytokines in the classical immune response to SARS-CoV-2 is …

I just replied here:

Bob Beck “Brain Tuner” units used ear clips to access the Vagus nerves too?

This is a replica of an original:

SOTA also makes a version of this. The “Bio Tuner”
We need to get some knowledgeable people to check out all the Beck devices and see what the outputs are.

These ‘Brain Tuner’ things are used for rest/relaxation/etc.
If they stop cytokine storms…hmmmmm.

1 Like

Yes, I agree! While I use my ICES on my neck, I find it may hit too many areas, and I have nerve damage and it seems to bother my movement when used for very long on the neck. I really think a VNS on the left ear is something I want to buy to have on hand - because I think it could help reduce the cytokine storm issues. I wish I understood more about this Bob Beck unit- like you said- more about what is used and how it operates. I might just try an estim unit first.

@Danielle, I recommend checking out this thread Sympathetic nervous system stuck ON - advice needed where @krissully explains a simple cost effective way of doing tVNS ( for under $60 ). It has been very helpful to my family as measured by decreased stress levels and improved REM and Deep Sleep per our Garmin Vivosmart 4 watches.