Flux Health Forum

Use of PEMF during cyber use

A suggestion for future models if possible, could you make the coils so you have to turn and lock it in? I use mine daily and the coil plug in often comes out slightly while in my pocket or wrapped on my arm and I think it is treating me for hours while it has not been. My M1 which has had a tiny fraction of the use of my A9s has also had the sides around the battery break at 2 points (I tried to glue it back on but it did not hold) so I have to use an elastic band to keep the battery in, which doesnā€™t always keep the battery in tight enough contact.

Yes, connectors and batteries are the two main problem areas. It turns out that is generally true with all electronics. When it is being worn by a person, those problems get worse much more quickly.

So, one of the main features of my gen 6.5 redesign work is to significantly improve the issues with connectors and batteries.

2 Likes

that would be great to have a manual locking mechanism for the coil wires to the device.

i love the manually taped (reinforced) coil wires. when i sleep on them and they get pulled, theyā€™re much more durable than without the tape :+1:t4:

1 Like

It will probably be an entirely different connector mechanism. There is nothing suitable on the market. People have suggested specific connectors such as those for guitar amps, and many others, but they always:

• cost hundreds of dollars
    and/or
    -are massive in size
    and/or
    -are as large or larger than the ICES-PEMF device itself
    and/or
    -are simply not available, anywhere on earth

batteries, connectors, coils are a really challenging design problem. That is one reason you do not see a lot of commercially-available wearable electronics. Sure, you see the odd thing here and there, a lot of DIY stuff, but we should be living in a world filled with wearable electronics but we do not, because of the problems with the availability of durable, reliable, light-weight, long-life, and low-priced:

• Batteries
  • Connectors
  • Cables
  • Anything in contact with the body for extended periods of time

I am doing what I can. But there are limits. Bill Pawluk once blithely commented that all I needed to do was ā€œdevelop a new battery technology: one that is smaller, less expensive, safer, and lasts longer!ā€

I pointed out that this modest goal was the single largest budget item for Tesla Motors, consumed most of their engineering staff hours for a single project, and has been the focus of major funding and research by DAPRA and the DoD in general, not to mention dozens of other private companies.

And that is just to develop better batteriesā€¦

Some of this seems like a small thing, but it is not. I am doing the best I can.

4 Likes

I would like to make a suggestion. Donā€™t mess with the connectors on the coils, instead make a strain relief that attaches to the PEMF device securely and the other piece connects securely to the wire an inch or so from the connector. These two pieces could be a narrow fabric belt or a cord that hooks, snaps, buttons or velcros together. The strain relief idea will protect the vulnerable wire/coil connection and prevent the connector from being pulled out by the wire tugging on it.
/Jon

1 Like

That actually works pretty well. You can do that DIY by using a small diameter (~1") rubber band: just loop it around the strain relief on the connector, then loop around the device. If you adjust it correctly, it keeps the connector tightly into the device.

that reminds me on the battery noteā€¦ the cheapy, free battery backup chargers they give away as promos at conventions seem to work very well. i have a promotional battery, and it works great as a battery for the m1.

Iā€™ll have to see what matches it on Amazon, but this may be an older model that is no longer carriedā€¦

I seem to remember you mentioning last year that you thought the new iteration of ICES might be completed around this time this year. Iā€™m sure COVID has thrown that roadmap for a bit of a loop, but am curious if you have any sort of current ETA on gen 6.5?

It is very hard to say, that is why I almost never say. It depends on so many variables I actually could not write them all down. It is like guessing when you will win the lottery.

What I say every time it this:

If you need PEMF now,
get PEMF now.

1 Like

And we are glad you are. Thanks Bob!

1 Like

i canā€™t picture what youā€™re describing.

using this tape: TapeCase - 1-5-423-5 423-5 UHMW Tape Roll 1 in. (W) x 15 ft. (L) - Abrasion Resistant High Tack Acrylic Adhesive. Sealants and Tapes https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00823JF0S/

and did this

1 Like

since last commenting on this post, Iā€™ve discovered the benefit of groundingā€¦ this effectively can help offset the problems with excessive exposure to emfā€¦ search in forum about grounding ā€¦ this was also a good video about grounding: