Flux Health Forum

Trigeminal nerve stimulation

Dr. Dennis, et al: Several forum participants have previously commented on “Vagus Nerve Stimulation”. In a similar light, there is a new device out and research on “Trigeminal Nerve Stim”. The studies I’ve linked below appear to suggest benefits of TNS for several neuro pathologies including ADHD, Epilepsy, Depression and Migraines. One new device called “Monarch eTNS”, shows the conductive pads being placed just above the eyebrows on the forehead. COULD PEMF, with coils positioned in the same area, with the appropriate strength, frequency and waveforms (sawtooth, sinusoidal, etc), as the microcurrent devices, theoretically provide similar benefits and outcomes? Please reference studies below:

Transcutaneous vagus and trigeminal nerve stimulation for neuropsychiatric disorders: a systematic review - PubMed (nih.gov)

Double-Blind, Sham-Controlled, Pilot Study of Trigeminal Nerve Stimulation for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder - PubMed (nih.gov)

An eight-week, open-trial, pilot feasibility study of trigeminal nerve stimulation in youth with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder - PubMed (nih.gov)

Rationale for electrical parameter determination in external trigeminal nerve stimulation (eTNS) for migraine: A narrative review - PubMed (nih.gov)

External trigeminal nerve stimulation for drug resistant epilepsy: A randomized controlled trial - PubMed (nih.gov)

The coils will stimulate the vagus nerve, you could put directly on the neck (google for images for where on the neck vagus nerve is). You could try on the spots in the study. The key is to try and report back. In my experience, there is no one magical spot for vagus nerve stimulation given it is like a trunk with branches going from gut to brain. After being on this forum for several years and being one of the most active contributors, my recommendation if you don’t already have a ICES PEMF device is to buy the A9 or M1 and start experimenting. I have learned the body is a biological machine that with different inputs create different outputs. Universally ICES PEMF is a positive input for my family and has helped my family with in many different ways and usage types. Please do report back your findings.

1 Like