Flux Health Forum

Treating for Depression with Benefit on Arthritis

I’ve had arthritic fingers for almost thirty years. Initially, I was able to prevent inflammation through tai chi qigong which I have practiced with Olympic style intensity for more than thirty years, but nerve damage put a stop to most of my physical activity and my arthritic joints would become so inflamed that I would have difficulty bending my fingers. I started taking boron supplements for over a year before I saw a significant reduction in inflammation and pain. It was not a cure but as long as I took the boron at least three times a day, I was able to function with minimal inflammation, and the pain would affect me only in the morning and late evening.

After I got the M1, I decided to use the coils on the right frontal cortex to treat my chronic depression and anxiety. I’ve been using it every night before I went to sleep for an entire four weeks and just recently (one week) overnight. The few days of use, I found my arthritis had completely disappeared.

At first, I thought weird, okay, this is on a good day, the boron is kicking in and the weather is warmer and not raining, therefore not impacting my arthritis. But while our winters are generally mild here but very damp and rainy and usually my arthritis is a very accurate forecast of rains to come. Well, this time, it wasn’t: we had atmospheric rivers — flooding so bad that it should have affected my arthritis and yet it didn’t have any impact. If anything, I was completely pain free for the first time in over 30 years!

I decided to go off the boron and see what would happen with continued PEMF application on the right frontal cortex to treat my depression and anxiety. In the entire three weeks of using it for one hour every night, I had no arthritic pain, so then I decided to try the M1 overnight. The arthritis returned and I woke up to inflammation where I could not bend my fingers at all. However, this all disappeared within an hour.

I scaled back on the time and used the M1 for about two hours for each of the following three days. No arthritis. Then I tried again overnight on the fourth day, and again, the arthritis returned, but this time the inflammation was less intense and receded after about half an hour. In all this time, I didn’t take the boron supplements.

Interesting that I’m treating myself for depression and anxiety and end up seeing results with my arthritis! I didn’t think about treating the arthritis at the time, because I read somewhere on the forum that conditions with bone would take several months to several years to see results, so I thought arthritis would fall into the same category. I also read that neurological conditions could see faster results.

On a side note, I don’t know if this is due to my martial arts training or hyperacunesia (a condition that makes my five senses super sensitive and alert under stress), but I tend to react more quickly and sensitively to treatments and medications, so it may be for others, they might not respond as quickly to treatment for arthritis. It would be interesting to see if anyone else has seen similar results with their arthritis?

5 Likes

yes for about three of my relatives the symptoms of arthritis reduced greatly to none within a 45 mins period of direct application.

I’m happy to hear of your results!

perhaps this happy find has also positively impacted you and helped your depression as well?

1 Like

Thank you for the information. That’s interesting since I read that treatments regarding bone requires more time for response. But then, arthritis is generally because of a deterioration in the joints, so I guess that might be different.

Regarding depression, mine is generally mild but has been aggravated by unemployment, covid and finding out a close friend of mine has pancreatic cancer 4th stage, so even too late for PEMF. A little stressful for me under these conditions, so not sure if depression has improved with so much going on…

But overall, I’m very lucky to have stumbled on this forum and the M1 that I recently bought. I am quite excited the fast results I’ve seen with the arthritis and look forward to the other health benefits to come.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear the news about your close friend and the life challenges you’re facing… as you regain your mobility and health, I’m hopefully you’ll also adapt and improve in your situation.

this is something i found recently that i wish i had discovered earlier for my uncle who also had stage 4 pancreatic… altho, i dunno how willing he would have been to try. at any rate this protocol is amazing for truly clearing out the gunk in our gut:
The Amazing Liver and Gallbladder Flush https://www.amazon.com/dp/0984595449

or

also might find some related help in a thread labeled “liver health” in the forum. i shared some YouTube testimonial vids

not that it’s specific to pancreas, BUT it certainly passes thru and does work with.

there’s also the metabolic diet approach if they go the healthy keto diet… but yes it all depends how far along they are and how open they are to trying things that ignorant mainstream healthcare limit themselves to.

while there is a will, there is still hope…

lastly, there’s this unexpected, repurposed use of accessible otc drug… read the amazing story behind it:
https://www.mycancerstory.rocks/

again… stuff i found out about only after my uncle passed…:rage:

wishing you only the best…

1 Like

This is really excellent. I am very happy to hear about your good results, but also sad to hear about your friend’s situation.

Thank you to all of you for your well wishes. For as long as she has on life, I will hold on to hope and fight for her because that is all I know how to do. I have prayed for her well-being and have asked her to consider PEMF but instead, she chose to listen to advice of close-minded oncologists. With such an aggressive cancer, and so few options left, what is there to lose at this stage? I would not wish this cruel and horrible suffering that she must undergo on anyone.

This is great news! I’ve had my M1 for over a year but never knew how to use it for a specific condition. In the meantime, I started taking systemic enzymes (Dr. Wong’s Zymessence are stronger than the others so fewer capsules). I take 8 twice a day which is expensive. That said, since March 3 my pain has reduced by 85% or more and my joints are visibly smaller. Boots that hurt my feet last year have wiggle room this year. So, how best to leverage my M1? 45 minutes to an hour on what settings??? Thanks in advance for your reply!!

As I said, treating arthritis was not my original intention. I applied the coils side by side on the right frontal cortex with the intention to treat depression. Initial protocols were A9 and then after three days switched to Omni 8, another three days to scTMS 10pps 30 minutes and then to scTMS 10pps 60 minutes. When I decided to run the M1 overnight, I first did scTMS 10pps 30 minutes and then went to sleep with Omni 8 running for about 5 hours before I became irritated with the sound drumming into my skull, then would remove the whole thing and fall right back to sleep again. It was when I ran it overnight that I found the arthritis would return the following morning, but no more than an hour.

I suspect while I applied the coils to my head, PEMF is systemically working on the entire body, which is why the arthritis on my fingers benefitted. Also doing it several hours was maybe a bit of a jump for my body to take immediately. Maybe too much detox hence the return of the arthritis? Or maybe it has to get worse before getting better? In any case I needed to test it out, since I have a fairly high pain tolerance (my nerve damage have put me through something far greater!) I figured why not.

Previous to using the PEMF, I took boron supplements because it gave me temporary relief from arthritic symptoms as long as I took it at least three times daily, but it was cumulative for at least a year before I saw improvement. However, even though I now find PEMF more effective, I will nevertheless continue with the boron at least once a day because it prevents cancer and a myriad of other health issues. For more information read Walter Last’s The Borax Conspiracy: http://22ufz71k02hq49efa638g8cf-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/borax.pdf.

I don’t take drugs or chemicals if I can help it. I rely on alternative health whenever I can, (and PEMF now added to my arsenal), but I’m also a strong advocate of preventive health, which is where borax and my tai chi qigong come into play. My 81-year-old mother researches herbal medicine as a favourite past-time and as long as it’s cheap, safe to use and effective, we share with all our friends and family. All the best to you!

2 Likes

God speaks through such kind people like you – thank you, thank you so so much for the link to the story! The story is inspiring and I will forward it to my friend immediately.

I am very sorry to hear about your friend and will keep them in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for sharing all of your experiences.

15g per day of Modified Citrus Pectin (such as Pectasol-C) seems to be a common go to for those with cancer. There are multiple research studies showing due to its inhibitory effect on the galectin-3 signaling molecule, it can prevent metastasis of cancer. It isn’t a cancer cure, but seems to be one more tool in the toolbelt.

2 Likes

i have had great results with people using ices directly on affected area… within 30 mins we could tell inflammation was shrinking… after an hour the swollen knuckles looked almost normal and hand was mostly ok. this was using an a9 on “M” setting stacked and also good results sandwiched

2 Likes

I agree with Optimal for localized swelling. The strategy that I think is best is to apply the coils directly to the area with swelling, use a setting of 9 or 10 (or higher if it is an acute injury), then try different coil placement strategies, for an hour or two each. You should find a coil placement that suddenly seems to visibly reduce swelling in an hour or so. Stick with that coil placement, wrap it up if necessary, and let it run for a few hours. You might do this for a few days in a row, even after the swelling seems to have subsided. That almost always keeps swelling in check.

1 Like

Just an update on the arthritis:

I gave the M1 to my friend who has Parkinson and I bought a second one for myself, so I’ve been three days without my daily M1 dose. First day was fine but into the second day the arthritic inflammation has started to return. Don’t know if this means the effects are cumulative so I need to “build up” on treatment before it completely heals and I would no longer need to treat it? Or that I would need to continue this treatment indefinitely like I did with boron for as long as I need to keep the arthritis away? Definitely hope it’s the former. For that matter, I’m wondering if this applies to other ailments as well.

1 Like

I’d personally encourage continuing certain supplements that have been known to help you like the boron but at a maintenance dose. i can’t say for boron as i haven’t read up on dosage, but items like magnesium or collagen are things that we grow deficient a we age. in fact magnesium is a mineral that we seem to be under dosing from diet alone: https://www.pharmacytimes.com/view/study-half-of-all-americans-are-magnesium-deficient there are other citations if you Google

great summary on magnesium:
https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Magnesium-HealthProfessional/

vitamin d is another item most are deficient in that would help to supplement as well

ices/pemf is a great adjunct to many therapies and supplements. I’d encourage people to do what helps their ailments in addition to using pemf

to answer your question about lasting effects… people like Bob have been able to reverse the need for hip replacement, but it took a consistent schedule of use to reverse that need for hip replacement surgery.

people have reversed knee replacement…

my wife has been having lower back issues…i suspect degenerative in nature as her parents deal with that… whether environmental or genetic disposition, who knows. at any rate, we have been using ices daily for the last week with real help in avoiding any debilitating pain that she had before ices therapy. we hope in time to resolve this completely. in the meantime we will take measures to care and supplement for her condition, and monitor it (have an MRI scheduled).

Ali that said, i know magnesium and boron (and d3) are great supplements to maintain bone and joint health!

2 Likes

Yes, I do know about the magnesium. Since our family is on a predominantly vegetarian keto diet with an emphasis on whole foods, magnesium should not be an issue – my mother is 81 years old and in recent tests, show no signs of pre-osteoporosis though she suffers from scoliosis that was aggravated from a work related injury from her early nurse-in-training years.

Regarding your answer to my question about the lasting effects of ices/pemf: very encouraging to know! I am still waiting for the second M1 I have ordered and very eager to try out for other health issues I have! If only I had known about ICES much earlier, I would have saved myself a lot of suffering, not to mention time, effort and money in investing in other less useful health gadgets!

1 Like

ices tech doesn’t get a lot of coverage mainly bc it’s not advertised in the same way as the multilevel marketing (mlm) cos do nor does it have people making large amounts of money thru resale. if you look at the options that many resellers of pemf carry, they don’t carry ices… the profit margin isn’t worth it compared to the overpriced machines with their pseudoscience marketing and sales tactics by the industry.

fortunately, in time the authentic results of ices will make it’s way to the top as people experience and share their stories.

at any rate, had you never searched beyond conventional healthcare, you would’ve never even known that pemf was an option. the masses rely blindly on their doctors who are conditioned and quick to prescribe meds.

that said, cbd also seems to be an alternative to meds for chronic pain. i wonder how effective that is for people’s conditions. hmmm… something i should investigate just out of curiosity. i have never heard of cbd helping reverse degenerative issues…:thinking:

don’t be too hard on yourself… you’re easily ahead of the pack in self care for your pain and “shituation”… we all pay tuition for unconventional (and effective) solutions.

glad you’re here to heal with us👍🏽

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve looked at CBD (my brother actually suggested that for me), but because of my martial arts background, my mentor actually warned me against cannabis and most prescription drugs because they can affect the “chi” (aka qi, intrinsic energy, life energy, prana) development — suffice to say it’s something we work at developing for healing and self-defence in qigong.

In any case, I use DMSO (Dimethylsulfoxide), a byproduct of paper making. It’s cheap and fast acting with no negative side effects. I smear a few drops topically, and it will promote healing and stop pain throughout the body. I downloaded this online, The book explains extensively its history, how it’s used and its purpose: https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/73bf25b2/files/uploaded/Dmso%20Nature’s%20Healer%20-%20Morton%20Walker.pdf.

Just be sure to keep the skin clean before applying on topically, as it can transfer chemicals, drugs and contaminants straight to the organs.

60 Minutes also did a show on athletes and Dr Stanley Jacob who advocates DMSO for his patients; that was how I first heard about it. You can google it online to watch on Youtube.

2 Likes

ah ok dmso… haven’t used that in awhile and didn’t know that about cbd and chi… so much to learn out there…

When my pain got so intense, I actually considered CBD, but I know once I take it, I sacrifice almost 40 years of Olympic style training in tai chi qigong. That would be a bitter pill to swallow. I believe my mentor because I personally know of at least three who have been affected. These days, it’s rare anyone who hasn’t experimented with recreational drugs or taken any prescriptive drugs long term for that matter. For me, I’m a bit unusual because I started training when I was very young and so, I’ve never followed the trend or fallen into that peer pressure…

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your experience Serenity. Every time I hear of arthritic symptoms, I consider sharing my story as well. I probably have mentioned it somewhere on this forum. Its about the healing potential of Vitamin D. In Dr. M. F. Holick’s book The Vitamin D Solution, he considers it the cure for most common health problems-he is passionate about it. I had probably mild symptoms compared to others but enough that i couldn’t walk without a limp. When I had my lab work done i realized the Vitamin D was low AGAIN. After increasing the dosage the pain went away in my wrist and arm immediately It took a little longer for my knee to “heal”. I take 3-4,000 a day and it really keeps the pain at bay. Not saying it works for everybody and I’m happy to have my M1 on hand as a backup. So glad to hear it works for depression which is such a common disorder. As for your friend, I totally believe in the power of prayer to mitigate suffering, (at the very least), I’ll pray for her also and I will put her on my church’s prayer list.

1 Like