Flux Health Forum

Suggestion for ICES TMS Protocols for Neurological/Neuropsychiatric Disorders

Hello Professor Dennis and everyone, this is my first post on the forum. I wanted to put forth a suggestion/inquiry as to whether it would be possible to add additional TMS protocols to the ICES devices such as the C5 model. I am aware that there are currently two sTMS protocols of differing length but both at the 10 Hz frequency. My question is, would it be possible to add TMS protocols that are in the 1-5 Hz range (mostly interested in 1 Hz)? The reason I ask is there is medical/scientific literature available that indicates that low-frequency stimulation may have some therapeutic value in certain neurological/brain disorders where there is cortical hyperexcitability such as in migraine. An example of this can be seen in the following Clinical Neurophysiology article on 1 Hz rTMS stimulation in Parkinson’s Disease:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2997700/

Thank you!

you really should not post exactly the same question in more than one place on the forum. I gave an answer in the first location where you asked exactly the same question.

Sorry about that, I wasn’t sure if the brain category would have been a more appropriate place for this question. Thanks for the reply.

sure, no problem…If you start with [at]Bob, I usually answer within a few hours.