Flux Health Forum

RLS and Reflux

Totally gets rid of my restless leg syndrome and acid reflux. I use my M1 every night.

2 Likes

How are you using it (coil placement, setting) for acid reflux?

works for me too, especially when combined with magnesium.

1 Like

I use Omni 8 power of 10. I place them side by side at the highest point of my abdomen. You can use a tight fitting t-shirt or vet wrap to hold them in place.

@Rose @Bob Does your RLS return if you don’t use Micro Pulse at night? Aside from diet I’ve been using mine to gradually get rid of my RLS permanently while I’m awake and I rarely sleep with mine for any reason anymore.

It does come back. It is so much better than it used to be. I still have to use 2 to 3 times per week. I usually wait until it wakes me up. It stops the RLS within 10 minutes after I apply the M1.

1 Like

In my case, magnesium (threonate and citrate) alone were somewhat helpful. They would reduce the RLS, but only when I took them daily. When I added PEMF, the problem seemed to be entirely reduced and after a few days it has never returned. Now, I take magnesium daily but do not need PEMF to keep the RLS at bay. It is hard to say for certain, but for me I think it was the combination.

3 Likes

Hello,
I recently ordered a second M1, this time for my brother who has restless leg syndrome. His orthopaedic surgeons told him it was due to nerve damage and spinal stenosis. He’s tried all kinds of medication and nothing has worked; he’s been getting very little sleep because of it.
I’m wondering, what protocol did you use, what intensity and how long/often did you use it to get rid of your RLS? I need to instruct my brother on how to use the M1. Thanks.

I would consider trying the Alpha wave protocol, intensity 8 or 9, with the coils stacked and placed over the injured area of his spine.

Also consider trying Theta or even Delta wave. The reason I suggest this is that any use of PEMF on the spine is also use of PEMF on the CNS (brain and spinal cord), and you can have two simultaneous effects of ICES-PEMF:
1- reduction of inflammation
2- Neural entrainment.

So, since the objective is to reduce RLS and facilitate sleep, you want both of these effects to be working in your favor. Therefore, in this case I would avoid any pulse protocols that incorporate higher-frequency pulse patterns (such as Omni-8), and I would tend more toward pulse patterns associated with calm mind or sleep.

That may not be the optimal for him since all individuals vary, and some people tell me that Omni-8 gives them such relief that it also tends to put them to sleep. But I would start with my recommendations above.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I will have him follow the protocols as instructed. He’s new to the PEMF, but I’m very excited for him. I only found out he’s had RLS for several years and I never knew. Had I known earlier, I would not have hesitated to get him the M1 immediately!

How long should he use the coils each session? Should he do one hour or overnight?

The longer the better, usually.

Got it. I will monitor his progress and keep everyone posted here in the forum so others with RLS might benefit. Thanks again.

I’m not sure if this is better or worse news. My brother just got the results of an MRI and his doctor told him the RLS was due to a herniated disc that won’t heal.

Can the PEMF address that? If so, do the protocol and intensity remain the same? And how long should he apply the PEMF for each session?

Thank you in advance.

I think it is likely to help, but can’t make any firm YES-NO statements or medical claims.
Try the default pulse protocol: Omni-8
No need to use full power, try an intensity setting on 9 (the default)
Use every day, the longer the better every day. If it gets worse: STOP

Okay, will do. Thank you.

So an update on my brother’s RLS. He was really skeptical about what the M1 could do for him. What he saw was a “cheap looking plastic gadget that looked more like a toy” than something that would help him heal. Well, when he heard from my friend how his PD tremors started to disappear three days after applying the M1, he became interested in this “cheap looking gadget.”

I told him to try it on the default setting, and after a few days sleeping with it, he expressed disappointment that he saw limited improvement. He said the RLS would disappear until the M1 “turned off” for five minutes and the RLS would stop again when the M1 “turned on” again. I didn’t understand him, until sometime into the conversation I realized he was talking about the Omni-8 rest which stops pulsing for five minutes during which his leg would start twitching again.

So he tried Omni-8 without the rest setting and as long as he continues to sleep with the M1, he no longer experiences the RLS. I told him it might take several months to see a more permanent effect, but he’s already very grateful, saying that the fact he can control his RLS now is enough, since previous to his use of the M1, he hadn’t been able to sleep through the night for so many years since the RLS started.

So thanks again @Bob. Your suggestion to use Omni-8 at intensity 9 worked, only without the rest period between each hour.

2 Likes

Excellent. That’s great information and I am very happy for your brother gaining the ability to control his RLS.

I’ve had RLS for at least 10 years. I have been suffering from long term sciatica which the doctor suggests may be the cause of the RLS. I’ve recently been trying the M1 with the goal of treating the symptoms. Every night for the past 3 months I’ve been using the M1, placing it on my lower back (L3/L4 location). I set it at Omni 8 power of 10. I notice it helps me sleep but once I wake up or if I don’t fall asleep quickly, my leg would be twitching again. I hope to know how the M1 can not only help me sleep but also treat my RLS symptoms. As the sciatic nerve runs from my lower back through my hips and buttocks to my lower left leg, can someone suggest a more specific placement location for the coils?

@Bob can you or anyone else suggest a placement location for the coils I could try? I’ve been placing them mainly on the L3/L4 area with a setting at Thata, Delta, and Omni-8 wave and an intensity level from 8 to 12 for at least a month at a time, but I can’t say I’ve had any positive results. Thanks.

Try moving it up your spine, inch-by-inch. Sometimes for nerve problems, the issue is neurologically upstream of the problem area.

1 Like