Flux Health Forum

RLS and Reflux

Thanks Bob. I’ll give it a try and let you know.

Thanks. Its important to get your updates and observations because this problem and others related to neurological pain and dysfunction in the lower limbs is a really tough issue, and we lack reliable information from systematic approaches to it using PEMF. So, your observations will be useful to many people.

I understand. It will take some time to go through the area thoroughly but I will certainly report my experience on the forum.

excellent, thanks. We need to hear what works, what does not work, and enough details to sort out if your observations can be generalized or if they might be specific to your case. It’s a lot of sharing of personal information (so set limits as you see fit), but that is how we get reliable, detailed information. Again, thanks.

I know it’s quite early but I’m excited to give an update on my RLS symptoms since using the M1.

As suggested I tried going up the spinal column inch by inch. I found that for me, by placing the coils in the mid to upper thoracic vertebrae area, the symptoms did not appear. Rather than wearing the coils, I simply place them on my mattress and lay on top of them throughout the night. Even though I tend to move around a lot when I sleep, I found that just coming back to sleeping on my back on top of the coils now and then was enough to alleviate the symptoms.

I’ve been setting the M1 on Theta wave with an intensity of 6. I found that this helps me sleep better.

I taped the two coils together so that they are flat and in a side by side configuration so that they won’t shift around much.

I’ve had RLS for over 10 years and the symptoms have kept me awake every night, so even though it has only been 2 weeks, for me, this has already been a game-changer!

Thanks so much Bob.

1 Like

did you move position of the coils every night or every few days… how often did you move the coils up?

have you also considered supplementing with magnesium? I’ve heard others have benefited from taking magnesium too for RLS

Initially I tried moving the coils several times a night because the symptoms persisted. Once I found the optimal location for me, I left it there and haven’t moved it since.

For months I’ve targeted the L3 and L4 lower spine because that’s where I’ve suffered injuries in the past. I know it will be different for everyone and everyone will have to try different locations but if I hadn’t try upstream, the M1 wouldn’t have worked for me.

Yes I’ve tried different brands of magnesium. I haven’t felt any difference.

That is really awesome, and very helpful, thank you. I am very glad to know that you finally did get some relief from RLS.

This brings to mind the observation that sometimes, simply moving the coils up the spine so that they are stimulating upstream (neurologically) from the problem area can be very helpful. This may be due to the length of motor-neurons, which can be 1/3 meter or longer, and for the nerves that cause muscle contractions, the main body of the nerve is closest to the brain/spinal cord, whereas the axon starts at the main body of the neuron and then trails off toward the muscle it will activate. So, to influence the main body (soma) of the actual neurons in question, sometimes it seems necessary to move upstream, toward the brain.

This can be true peripherally (in the arms and legs), and also seems to be the case in the spine: Generally, considering the layout of the nervous system and the paths of nerve activation, upstream stimulation is more effective than downstream (where the problem actually appears to happen).