Flux Health Forum

Red light/Near infrared Therapy vs PEMF

I recommend against plugging red light into the wall if it’s designed to accept a power bank. AC power induces harmful EMFs. DC power does not, unless there are fans or pulsing. So a wrap with a power bank is just about the best way.

Thank you, I agree with you. I’ve decided to also order the one your wife use, it will be delivered on Monday. I’m going to use the bigger one for my back and the smaller one on my wrist

@Cat is correct: Batteries are by far the cleanest (least EMI) source of electrical power you can get. I am not saying it is zero, and there may be a bit from the voltage-level conversion in any given power bank (any battery voltage needs to be up-converted or down-converted to meet the USB 5.0 Volt standard), but in general batteries will always be much less than the EMI you get from other sources of power.

I am not just saying this because I read it somewhere; I have measured it in detail, many times, for the past 35 years, since I also design high-precision medical and scientific research devices that require ultra-clean electrical power sources.

2 Likes

Hi Linda,
Thank you for getting back to me. I did not realize that I could not answer your response through my email. I did try to reach the owner of warp-light.com but was unsuccessful. He has been retired for 15 years. Please keep me in mind should you come across someone willing to part with theirs.
Take Care,
Janet

I will definitely let you know if I ever find another one, best of luck to you.

is using the ac to 9 volt adapter on the a9 as good as using a 9v… or at least good in terms of having low emi?

Any time you have AC power or power level conversion, you get some amount of EMI. Sometimes it is minor, sometimes it is not. Batteries are always cleanest in terms of EMI if not voltage level converted.

I use mostly small pads. I have two sizes. The 105 led used for weight loss works fine (until it breaks one little bit at a time). I have a smaller one also that can fit in places the bigger ones can’t. 5 leds one way, 12 the other, so 60 dual chip total, with a neoprene player with holes in it in front of the leds to protect it. I’ve seen it on Amazon, Ebay, AliExpress. Various price points.