Flux Health Forum

Post Stroke repair

I agree, the farther out you are after a stroke, I think the more likely PEMF would be to be helpful. At least the benefits would be more apparent.

BTW, I started these plasticity exercises as they were loading me into an ambulance, before I got to the ER. My recovery started immediately as a result, and many people noticed it as it progressed. This is such a simple thing that I want everyone to know they need to start these types of simple exercises immediately to get the best results.

Yes, that sentence makes me start tearing up.

I have so many people around me who didn’t get their functions back after a stroke. The times are changing and there now is the concept that people can get the function back 20 years after a stroke, but it is so much harder after the first month and harder still after the first 3 months and harder still after the first year.

The people who are around me were never told that they needed to start right away and they were never told that there was a time window when things would be much easier.

My step-mother is on Parkinson’s meds to try to increase plasticity now, but she had spent 2 weeks in the hospital before they checked her for a stroke, even though not having balance should have been a big enough clue to look for one. It is frustrating to me because I thought they had checked for a stroke. It was another few days before she got to a rehab center and she had already lost over half the first month before starting and they don’t do enough repetitions in rehab settings and when I communicated that, the medical people said that she had a stroke and needed rest and when she got stronger she could do more. I knew immediately that she wasn’t going to regain independence.

There are a few new drugs coming down the line, which seem to increase neurogenesis, but adding things like PEMF are things, which the researchers seem to see better results with.

I really want your message to get out there.

My 43 year old daughter uses the M1 on the left side of her head. Her brain lesion damage is on the right side. I place the coils just above the left ear for 30 minutes. She does this before going to physical therapy and it helps her focus. Her test scores improved a lot better after she began using the M1 before her therapy. This coil placement is one of several mentioned in the book by Dr. Pawluk titled “Power Tools for Health: How pulsed magnetic fields (PEMFs) help you”. This book was recommended by Bob and I highly recommend it too. The reasoning behind the coil placement is that it helps to lower the stroke induced increased activity of the non-damaged side of your brain so the damaged side can function better. It helps balance the activity levels of both hemispheres. She just recently started using it at home too. The more she consistently uses it every day the more it helps her. I hope this helps you on your road to recovery😀

2 Likes

Thank you Linda_Lynn!

I use Dr. Pawluk’s site all the time, but I have never read his book.

Thanks for sharing your daughter’s testimonial.

I probably would benefit greatly if I learned more about how to balance the hemispheres of my brain.

I have had a lot of improvement, but I don’t have that level of coil position placement logic for treating my brain. That is interesting.

We can all learn so much from each other, this website was a great idea, many thanks to Bob!

1 Like

Last night, I was re-watching a video by Dr. Greger where they showed the brain scans from exercise and the brain scans from exercise plus beetroot juice.

The beetroot juice markedly increased brain plasticity.

I don’t necessarily like beetroot juice, but I really like brain plasticity.

as I understand it:
beet juice=nitric oxide increase
pemf=nitric oxide increase
so I guess we need brain scan from exercise with pemf

Yes, I would love that.

I am not going to disagree. You are right.

Mentally, as my adjunct process, I mostly look at mechanisms and nitric oxide increase is one of the mechanisms.

I was looking at the brain scan and was surprised that exercise alone didn’t have the same type of plasticity.

Aerobic activity is supposed to upregulate BDNF

And, yes, I am posting an animal study, but I am pretty sure they said it was the same for people, but those scans looked pretty pathetic pre-the-nitric-oxide.

Boy, you have just made me know that I have to try the M-1 and walking at the same time. AND the M-1, walking and beetroot juice.

Laughing, if I can get out of the beetroot juice, I will.