Flux Health Forum

PEMF & Surgical Clips

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any danger or risk to using PEMF if I have numerous non ferromagnetic titanium surgical clips throughout my abdomen? If they’re non ferromagnetic is there still risk of them heating up from exposure to PEMF?

Thanks
J

It’s always prudent to consider safety first. I would break this into two parts:
1 - PEMF in general
2 - ICES-PEMF specifically

For PEMF in general, some of the larger “whole body” systems generate a lot of power, and this could be dissipated in the titanium implants by inductive coupling. These typically inefficient systems can radiate many Watts of power, so significant levels of heating of the implants is possible. It’s hard to say because it depends on a lot of factors, but it is definitely a possibility.

For ICES-PEMF, our technology is ultra-efficient. Our systems generate a maximum of about 1/3 Watt of power. This is absolutely not enough to cause a heating problem for a titanium implant. Any amount of heat that is generated, which would be very small, would be quickly dissipated away by the normal heat dissipation and distribution system for tissues within the body. It is my technical opinion that there is no risk of heating a metal implant to any level that would cause concern when using ICES-PEMF.

If it’s any reassurance, I have the same surgical clip when I had my gallbladder taken out, and I asked the same question when I bought a Sedona PEMF mat which puts out much more power than the ICES-PEMF and I have never experienced any problems.

A friend fractured her distal fibula a week ago with surgery/plates/screws. I am going to lend her my A9 (my other A9 and M1 are broken, no connection at the plug in) for faster healing. I am going to start her on it in a week. I will do Matrix Repatterning on it in 3 weeks if she wants therapy. So that should be fine with her metal?

On another note, my friend’s small dog was lying down every night screaming in pain. They said it was a stroke (blood supply being cut off), I test it is a pinched nerve. Anyway, from the first night with the 2x2 coils under her bed she was no longer screaming in pain! It has been 6 weeks and she is fine now.

The positive response from the dog is excellent, thanks for letting us know. We frequently get such good results when the device is used on cats and dogs. But unfortunately it is very hard to get veterinarians to even consider it.

For your friend with the fractured fibula, I anticipate that the results will be very good, so if it does not seem to be working, please post so we can figure out whet needs to be changed to get better performance.