Flux Health Forum

PEMF for new mTBI on top of multiple old tbi and neuroimmune/hypometabolic insults

I’m 33 years old and looking to try one of the PEMF devices, low and slow, for the above mentioned conditions. My only concern is, given the oxidative stress and metabolic deficits induced by comorbid conditions like lyme, genetic iNOS upregulation, mold and mercury toxicity, is there a danger of exceeding the mitochondrial capacity and or creating too much iNOS oxidative stress?

I’m having a really rough time since my latest concussion on top of everything else and I need something for neuroprotection, but I don’t want what would be a normally healthy hormesis or metabolic stimulus to make things worse. ( I’m not asking for specific medical advice just general thoughts, I hold anyone harmless who replies to this message).

I noticed that with body pemf with one of the big powerful devices, I experience it biphasic response where I feel great and energetic below a certain threshold, but if I exceed some intensity or time, I crash out of exhaustion. Maybe that’s informative for the brain.

So is pemf theoretically indicated and if so which device and protocol? Can there be a synergy with LLLT? Thanks

How do you respond to LLLT at what doses? What body pemf did you try?

In my personal experience, ICES PEMF on any part of the body other than the gut will not cause a negative reaction.

Did you see the studies @Bob published on mTBI and ICES PEMF? Search in this forum and you will find them.

Hi @Joe_Collins - I have used the ICES device with a number of clients who had new and/or repeated concussions – with good outcomes.

I suggest starting with a “less is more” approach. Lower intensity for shorter times. Most of my clients could tell when it was “enough”: they just “felt it” or they started to feel headachy or more tired, so we stopped for the day. Initially, I don’t think I ever went over 30 minutes and we gradually increased the time and intensity based on how they were feeling and the results they were getting.