Flux Health Forum

Metal plate in skull and PEMF

Can this be used transcranially if someone with a tbi has a metal plate in their skull? I don’t have a plate and have been using the pad with the C5 device for 2 weeks…April 6, 2023 to today, April 20, 2023. I am just amazed at how quickly my brain is healing. I hate tbis…they are so horrible…want to know if others with metal plates can use this also. I am healing from a 47 year old diffuse axonal injury.

1 Like

With caution (start with low intensity for short periods and observe carefully how you respond) ICES-PEMF seems to work very well when used near metal implants at any location. Years ago, I was quite concerned about potential harm, but that has never been a problem since many people have tried it and have reported generally excellent results. Interestingly, ICES-PEMF seems to have the effect of reducing inflammation around the metal implant and actually improving engraftment, making the bond stronger and more stable. I think this is a good thing, especially for orthopedic and dental implants.

Be careful though with larger, crude PEMF systems. They are massively over-powered just to get any biological effect. This excess RFI energy may be harmless to biological tissue, but I would expect it to inductively couple with metal implants and potentially cause a lot of excess heating, and other forms of harm. We don’t hear too much about this, so maybe I am overly concerned about it. But still, I would be very cautious.

And I would like to add that I am delighted to hear that the C5 has helped you so much with your long standing diffuse axonal injury. Living with that for nearly half a century would have been very difficult. That is really great that you are getting such good recovery after all these years.

1 Like

Have you talked with someone who has used it on their skull, with a metal plate in the skull? Like a real person?

Yes, several over the years. Also, many with dental implants. It does not seem to cause any problems. Just be careful, and start with low intensity and short duration of use.

I’ve lived through hell. May you never experience it.

🫂🕊️Good on you for keeping, keeping on!

1 Like