Flux Health Forum

Metal Implants and PEMF

Hello all,

has someone experienced problems with using ICES at the head/jaws/teeth when having metal dental implants or bridges in the mouth, made from titan or stainless chirurgical steel?

My issue is: There could be an induction / inductive coupling of power to the implant or bridge which may not be advantageous.

Question would be if this is relevant or not.

Best,
Hans

@Bob has shared his thoughts multiple types in this forum. 3 of the highlights are linked below:

2 Likes

Thank you for the collection!

I’ve based my caution on 3 studies about electric tooth brushes that can generate fields in the range up to 90µT. But with the right stimulation PEMF-Frequencies it may be fine and actually promote bone growth around the metal implant.

Anyway I asked this because of old implants, which are some times not removable or replaceable because of shrinking of the jawbone.

But I think, that it is important to differentiate between titanium and stainless steel (dental) implant [2], so some doubt is still present in me, because reports had to explicitly differentiate between the two. Even if not in use now for dental implants, 35 years ago stainless steel was used.

Best,
Hans

Here the 3 studies: