Flux Health Forum

M1 light flickering rather than blinking

I used the short coils to make a wearable device for my eyes by fastening them to glasses frames. After wearing this for a couple of hours or so, I took the device off and noticed that the M1 unit was flickering fast, rather than blinking much more slowly.

@Bob What does that mean?

In case it makes a difference: The stem of the coils taped to the glasses frame was pointed up, and the distance between the coils at nose level was/is 1 inch. Both coils have the smooth side oriented towards the face.

The flickering rate indicates the pulse rate: one LED flash = one ICES = PEMF pulse.
Different pulse protocols cycle through different pulse rates (“frequencies”).

So, the rate of pulsing depends on:
(1) which pulse protocol your device is set to (for example: Omni-8)
(2) How long the device has been running, since each pulse protocol cycles through a pattern of different pulse rates and this changes every few minutes.

Biological significance: Biology responds mostly to changes and tends to ignore things that just stay the same all the time. This is called “habituation”. To prevent habituation and keep getting benefit from PEMF, the pulse pattern needs to change occasionally, and that is what is programmed into every Micro-Pulse device.

1 Like

Thanks much, Bob. The M1 was on the Omni-8 setting, and I hadn’t really noticed the flickering before. Do you have a description some place regarding the cycles of the Omni-8 setting? For that matter, it would be nice to have more of a description of all the settings than is on the laminated card included with the device. (I really appreciate the card for reference.) I can find bits and pieces on the forum, but no summary page.
I can see a good “intensity” post here, for instance.

The best description is on the quick start card, and can also be found here:

M1:

C5:

There is not much else useful that could be added to these descriptions that would be informative. Any thoughts about how specific patterns have specific biological effects belongs in a forum discussion, mainly by users discussing their experiences. And detailed technical explanations of the patterns are more of a scientific issue that I discuss in various scientific papers.

Also, keep in mind that there is nothing magical about any of these pulse patterns. They are included on the M1 and C5 because people asked for them, or because they appear in the PEMF literature somewhere, or because they are legacy patterns I used in the past while developing ICES-PEMF. Unless they are a constant rate pattern (1Hz, … 10Hz), they all change over time to prevent habituation.

I think I finally get it:
The laminated card lists at the top:

• B5 – C5 – (5, 100+, 100-, 10, 5/100+, 5/100-); +/- = unipolar
    – A9 – (classic, before 5/2016) (5, 100+, 100-); +/- = unipolar
    – P2 – (5, 100+, 100-, rest 20 min) = SomaPulse, AllevaWave…
    – Omni 8 – (5, 100+, 100-, 3.9, 7.1, 10.4, 13.7, 16.9) = A9 now

The numbers are pps, and the settings cycle through the pps as listed.

Thanks. This has been a bit of a learning curve :slightly_smiling_face:

That is correct! Apologies if that was not clear. It is typical engineering documentation style: maximum information density and lots of abbreviations. This highly condensed list also tells you the default settings for earlier models (SomaPulse, Allevawave, A9 original release). But the main thing people want to know is the sequence of frequencies for each pulse protocol. This is the list.

I have two brief videos describing each set of pulse protocols, grouped by color on these charts:

|### Dorothea Inge Anderson inge12@gmail.com|10:32 AM (0 minutes ago)||

to Bob

|

Thank you very much! That answers all my questions. It would probably be helpful to have these referenced somewhere on the ICES M1 page?

https://www.fluxhealth.co/m1#applications

I get the dense “engineer” documentation format, but I must say that, for an engineer, you communicate very well on this forum.

Thank you11

OK, thanks. I thought these videos were referenced on the web page. I’ll check with the person in charge of that.

The card shows red steady light means error or malfunction. What if during a protocol such as Omni8, the red light flashes/flickers for a moment. Notice it during a multi protocol where it appears to be switching frequencies. Is that normal?

A single quick flash of red LED indicates transition between pulse modes during pulse cycling. It indicates normal function.