Flux Health Forum

Is it safe to place coils directly on top of eyes?

I have a past diagnosis of neurological Lyme with cognitive symptoms. My SPECT brain scan shows hypoperfusion (reduced blood flow) in the the orbitofrontal region (area behind eyes).

I do not own a ICES device but I wanted to know if it is safe to place coils directly on top of eyes with eyes closed. If it is safe, has anyone tried it?

You can read others’ feedback on their self experimentation on eyes in the eyes section of the forum: https://forum.fluxhealth.co/c/eye/15

2 Likes

I have been using the coils on top of my eyes for over 2 years. I wear them all night. I had macula edema and it was the only thing that completely got rid of it. For a year before using the coils, my edema didn’t change. Once I started using the coils, my edema kept getting better until it was all gone. When I stopped using the coils, my edema came back, so I am going to use it for another year to keep the edema from coming back.

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to respond, Imwinst. This is very helpful to hear user feedback over a longer course of time. What settings do you use?

You tape them on your closed eyelids?

Just brainstorming here, but if I tried it on my eyes while sleeping, I would tape the coils to the top side of a sleep mask (the side that is not on my eyes) and wear the sleep mask, allowing me to easily move the sleep mask to my forehead if I need to see something.

1 Like

Great idea…

I tie the two coils together and put them directly on top of one eye (I only had the edema in one eye). I then put an eye mask over the coils to keep them in place.

1 Like

I was using the high setting but after about a year, the machine starting flickering really fast, so I called the company. The representative said to switch to the low setting since I was using it all night. Since switching to the low setting, the machine is back to normal.

If you have not already explored red light therapy, you might want to do research on using it. The information I have read indicates they are very beneficial for many vision issues and they only take minutes for treatments. Many of the Forum members use them in conjunction with PEMF therapy. But do not try them until you educate yourself first about the proper device, wave length, time, frequency, etc. Red Light Man is a reputable company, I have one of their infared devices. The quality is much better for the money than the cheap Amazon pads that are useful for aches and pains.

What intensity do you run? Which pemf tool are you using?

I think that means he would be using the ICES PEMF A9 device (which has three settings, L, M, H where as the M1, P9, B5 and C5 device have many protocols and can can change power settings from 1 to 15 in increments of 1). The ICES PEMF A9 device is available on the Shop section of this website (fluxhealth.co).