Flux Health Forum

Hair Loss Pilot Study 2023

I am designing a PEMF hat for use in a pilot study on the effects of PEMF on hair loss. We are about to start the study. Mainly we will be recruiting people from Madrid (Spain) and Bangkok (Thailand), but I am also inviting people from this forum to take part in the study.

To be a full participant in the formal study, please *** contact us at fluxhealth for information ***

As a member of this forum, you can also qualify if you meet the basic criteria for the study, even if you do not live in or travel to Madrid or Bangkok.

To take part as a forum member, you would buy a model A9 from us as usual, but if you complete the study, then you would get reimbursed by the company. Of course you get to keep the ICES-PEMF hat too.

To complete the study, we need pictures of your hair at the four time points described in the study. We would really like trichoscopy photographs if you can get them, but if you have an alternative, that might also be allowable. Contact Dr. Siddhi Lama (at the study link) to inquire about your options as a forum member. I am encouraging them to be as permissive as possible to allow forum members to participate.

The study is looking for exploratory pilot data, such as new hair growth, reactivation of hair follicles, increased numbers of hairs, increased hair shaft thickness, and restoration of hair color. But they are also very interested to know the types of things you can record for yourself, such as reduction of hair shedding in the shower.

We already have some initial prototype test results, and they suggest that ICES-PEMF built into a hat with redesigned coils for that specific application might actually help reverse hair loss(!)

I know that in the past I have not been very positive about using PEMF for hair loss, but this was because everyone who offered to hire me to develop a product was a low-integrity scammer. This is the first group that is for real IMO, with real scientists, engineers, clinicians, and FDA regulatory experts. So, now is the time for us to find out once and for all, finally, whether ICES-PEMF can help reduce or reverse hair loss and improve hair and scalp health.

3 Likes

do we still need to buy an a9 if we already have one? I’m interested as I’m starting to see the symptoms of aging manifest in my head :hushed:

I’ll need to work out the cost of that, since the major cost is in redesigning and building by hand each coil array (60 small coils, wound by hand) into each cap.

ok, please let us know details of joining even if it’s to buy an a9 for simplicity’s sake… my dad would be a great candidate for this one…

OK, so we can sell the hats to our existing excellent customers, which is a prototype for the study of course, for $150 if they already have an A9 or M1.

To get reimbursed, you would need to discuss your willingness and ability to participate in the study by contacting Siddhi Lama (see the announcement link)

then contact Mengnan at Micro-Pulse to actually purchase the prototype hat.

Then you need to supply whatever data/images you agreed to supply for the study, then you can get reimbursed for your purchase for this study.

We plan for the study to start by Sept 30, and we are still working out the fine details, stay tuned.

2 Likes

@Bob is there an option to buy a hat to experiment with the restoration of hair color even if there is no hair loss? Ready to place two orders right now :wink:

2 Likes

@TajD, for people like you and @OptimalHealth who are major positive contributors to the community, I will definitely find a way to get prototypes for you if you want them for this and any other studies. That’s also true for any of our other great customers and/or solid contributors to this community.
For this study, first contact Siddhi Lama to see if you can fit into their expanded study for people from this forum. If so, that’s great, but if not, then just contact us at Micro-Pulse directly and well make it work.

4 Likes

What if you have a c5? Can you use that or is it best to purchase a A9?

sure, it will only need to use 1 of the 4 outputs on the C5.

Hi Bob, I own the M1, I’m 56 and have a progressively receding hairline, and I would like to participate in the study. Could you please tell me where to find the study link, or to reach Dr. Lama to officially sign up? Thanks.

I am very much interested to try it on my teenager. She had been to a couple of dermatologists but got no relief! Please let me know what is needed to be a participant!

Regards,
Lal

@anthonyg36 and @Lal, we got instantly filled up with more requests than would fit into the study, so I do not think Dr. Lama can take any more participants for the formal study. But at this point I could make an extra batch of hats exclusively for people on this forum who have been long-standing Micro-Pulse customers. I need to work out the logistics for that, buy extra materials, etc.

I would probably only be able to do this for people who were willing to make observations on effects for daily use for several months. I think the cost for hat inserts would be $150 without the ICES-PEMF pulse generator, so you would need to use your existing model A9 or M1, or buy an extra one for this purpose.

And at this point I think their budget had run out for reimbursements for participant costs, so we would need to figure out how/if that could work.

So, for long-standing Micro-Pulse customers who want to try this experimental technology and who can cheerfully deal with the possibility of not being reimbursed $150, contact me through Micro-Pulse or on this forum and we’ll figure out how we can make it work.

2 Likes

I would be very interested in purchasing a hat for this program. I have an A9 as well as an M1 would be curious how it might work. Can it be also used for brain entrainment since I have been experimenting with this as well?

Thank you

It would be interesting to have the hat have both the coils and a separate redlight / infared capabilty I wonder if there is a way to incorporate both as an after market

That’s all something being discussed and planned since the very beginning. Most charlatan marketers use a “throw everything at it” approach to product development, but all of them just pirate things already being done by everybody. I am actually working with a real (and therefore perhaps unique) group of scientists, engineers, and clinicians to look into PEMF + light + topical pharmacologics, but we are doing real science, so it is literally about 1000x more difficult than the junk streaming onto the market right now, and takes much much longer, than what these legions of marketers are doing. It will cost millions, and take a long time to actually do this for real.

1 Like

Understood. Still interested in the PEMF hat as I am follicularly challenged. Am also wondering if it might help with brain entrainment particularly with M1.

Thank you

I think it is likely to help with brainwave entrainment, especially with the M1. We are just right at the front edge of testing it. The person running the pilot study in Bangkok is specifically testing this effect with the M1.

Hello Bob,
I am interested in this hair loss cap, at the suggested price for long term customers. I already have an A9, M1 and C5 and would be willing to take the required photos, etc.

I need to collect materials and make new tooling to make more hat inserts, so it will take a couple of weeks. But definitely check back, I plan to make a bunch of them if I can. BTW, I am definitely losing a lot of money on each of these, so there will be a limit to what I will be able to make.

I think theres a good amount of people who would be willing to pay more than the $150 without reimbursement for the prototype. I am about to order my first product but it certainly makes sense to me PEMF on the scalp would benefit as a stand alone or adjunct to other treatments. I certainly would like to get one if possible.

Im actually totally up for using for months and sending feedback but I also would be willing to purchase without getting a chance for reimbursement