Flux Health Forum

Eyes, PEMF and red light

I’ve been experimenting on the eyes a bit, and thought I’d share.

I got a new type of eye pain with associated low grade headaches during Covid. And some of it persisted after. I have tried both PEMF and red light (started with that, actually). I THINK PEMF does something, but I have no idea what. It could just be time. I have not found glasses frames to use yet, so I mostly put the coils under an eye mask and lie back and listen to something (M1 on 1 and Omni). And I haven’t done it too many times. I think the main thing about a scary thing like new eye pain after Covid is the feeling you’re doing something constructive. PEMF is supposed to help with blood perfusion, which is both good and potentially scary if the cause is microclots. But if it’s not microclots so much as inflammation, then both red light and PEMF is worth trying, though probably nobody can tell you if it will do the job. Because what is the source of the pain? Dunno. If you’ve got a device that’s safe to use around the head, why not use it? I use M1 close to my brain just about every day anyway, so adding in the eyes sounds like a good idea to me.

The cells in the eyes supposedly has more need of ATP than any other cells in the body. Double vision CAN have something to do with that. If so, driving a car will make it worse the longer you drive. PEMF doesn’t do much for me. At least at low intensity. Comment if high intensity works on this. I keep my M1 on 1 or 2. Red light, anywhere on the body, seems to somehow send ATP to the eyes. It takes just a few minutes, unless the deficiency is more pronounced, and then it clears up gradually. Even a small, cheap pad works, and if this is an issue, a small pad is probably the optimum device, since you can sneak it under your clothes and use while driving, using a power bank to power it. I generally use mine (one small, one bigger) on 15 minutes and full intensity. I try to treat some areas of my body every day or every other day.

When driving, if my eyes are at full capacity, I have 180 degrees side vision, and can keep my eyes on one point and still see everything. If I need more ATP I have to move my point of vision to see what I need to see. Exhausting and irritating. I’d rather have a warm pad somewhere on my back and have full capacity. Maybe start with it somewhere on my legs when eating before I go. Although I normally have enough ATP, when driving, the need goes up a lot, so I figure I want to keep the ATP help going. 15 minutes of treatment lasts for at least 15 more minutes, maybe more, but YMMV.

The one I use while driving is really small, so I can move it many times before doubling up the exposure. It’s got 60 leds and a detachable neoprene layer close to the skin. Plastic in front of the leds lasts longer and bigger means less time used for bigger gains, but this size (or smaller?) is unbeatable for driving. About 69 on Amazon. I think I paid less off Ebay.

i have been experimenting with ices applied to different parts of my head… mostly forehead, temples, and eyes… i started with power 4 on Omni… have also tried theta and Delta… time i use is when i sleep and go on for 4-6 hours at a time. it’s still 2 weeks new and maybe 3-4 days out of the week. i have noticed (my Garmin watch) my restlessness and sleep quality has improved compared to without pemf.

I’ll have to establish a baseline (today will do that) vision test, but i can’t help but notice my blurry vision has improved!

on a note about Delta and theta… i didn’t get as much as a restful sleep on those, and i only tried a handful of times, but i did notice (Delta) definitely having more dreams (that i tried for 2 nights). i continued with Omni at 8 and even 10 with good results (restful).

1 Like

Garmin watches are genius! Real time feedback (stress, body battery, heart rate) on what you’re doing. Definitely a good companion to red light and PEMF.

Regarding getting glasses frames, I bought a cheap pair of sunglasses from the Dollar Tree, took the lens out and put the coils on it, I cut up a strip of saran wrap (so as not to get adhesive on the coils) and then used tape to keep it in place. I just started using it at night when I sleep, haven’t noticed a difference yet.

what’s your power level and how far from your eyes would you say they are when you sleep?

my headband presses them right against my eyes and i typically run them at 10… sometimes stacked at 8

You will get an even better sleep without the Garmin! I am assuming it has GPS, and other EMFs which are harmful for your body and specifically during sleep as EMFs reduce your melatonin (which not only is crucial for sleep but melatonin also kills cancer cells). My health changed literally overnight by turning off wifi overnight and eventually getting rid of it. Never had sleep issues until the last 15 years, then waking all night. turn off wifi, I sleep soundly as so many of my patients, and millions of others have found.

hmm… I’ve heard similar comments from others… I’ll try that and see for a week. thx (turning off WiFi)

Garmin: GPS is only on when you run an activity that features GPS.

Garmin watches can turn off Bluetooth. That’s unusual. Wifi is a feature on some watches, but is only turned on when you manually sync, or in the beginning when charging. It’s looking for audio files to transfer.

Some models have a flight mode.

So with a Garmin watch, you can expect every signal to be off if you’ve turned them off, except the led sensors you’ve got turned on.

Conclusion: Unless you react to the sensors, the use you get from the watch might help more than taking it off.

1 Like

I found that a buff will also work to position coils over eyes. Mostly to try out if you can’t dedicate a pair to attaching to frames. You won’t be able to see anything, but if you can lean back and listen to something, it’s an option.

Bottom line, those buffs are very useful for using with coils. Your imaginarion is the limit.

1 Like

I’m not sure what a buff is, but these headbands i got also work to keep coils in place. i use for over eyes when I’m sleeping tho

A buff (see buff and add dot com) is a loop of microfiber material that can be used as a headband, neckwear etc. It’s quite stretchy and by now there are lots of copies. The materials vary quite a bit, and there are wool and fleece versions. I have a bunch of them, including several originals. Some are stretched out and others are quite tight.

2 Likes