Flux Health Forum

Epilepsy due to brain tumours

I’m directing this question to @Bob: I have a friend who recently bought the M1 for shoulder pain, but is now inquiring for her son who lives with her. He is almost 30 years of age now and started showing petit mal epilepsy when he was only a year or two old. Doctors found he had a tumour growing on the right side of his brain just above the ear. He had surgery to remove it as a child but it grew back and he had two more. He continues to take drugs for epilepsy which affects his everyday life. It didn’t help much when his dad abandoned him, his mother and older brother because of his condition when he was still an infant. He’s understandably also become very depressed and withdrawn because of his condition, cannot hold down a job and of course, has very low self-esteem. It’s a shot in the dark, but his mother wonders if the M1 could treat his epilepsy?

I read previous entries and found there appears to be little known about PEMF on epilepsy. But since his is not genetic but caused by brain tumours, I’m wondering if this might be treatable? His mother says, he can anticipate it coming on before the epilepsy takes hold of him, so when he’s driving, he just pulls to the side of the road to wait it out.

If you think the M1 could be used on him, could you please suggest a protocol, intensity and manner of coil placement? How many hours should he wear it and for how long?

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi @Serenity, I think your assessment is correct: there is not much good information available related to PEMF effects on epilepsy. I think you are also correct to surmise that his response to PEMF might be different from most people afflicted because the root cause of his epilepsy is not genetic so far as you know.

By reference I hereby incorporate at this location all of my caveats and cautions and my ubiquitous disclaimers and assertions of having zero clinical credentials.

With all that as given, what would I do if this were my son or daughter?

1- Make sure that everyone is informed that there is no scientific or clinical information to back up the use of PEMF for this condition.

2- Make sure that everyone realizes that if they choose to try this, it is a self-experiment, with unpredictable outcomes that could be serious but are unknown. They should be willing to enter into this as an adult carrying out their own self experiment.

3- Make sure that everyone realizes this is based on an educated guess, and not on firm experience or data.

Then, I would think of this as a physical injury to the brain, like a concussion/mTBI.

Then, I would consider using coils stacked, placed directly over the site of the injury (the tumor on this case).

Then consider using Alpha Wave pulse pattern set to LOW, probably 3 or 4, for only 5 to 10 minutes initially.

Have someone monitor him continuously during the first few usages, talk to him, and discontinue use immediately if his cognition takes a downward turn.

Adjust intensity and duration slowly upward each subsequent session, taking note of any changes to cognition.

Try to reach a steady goal of use once or twice per day, for a half hour or more if well tolerated. The ultimate goal being to reduce localized swelling of the brain near the injury. So use should be at least daily (or more than once per day if practical).

If and how they decide to use ICES-PEMF will depend entirely on how well they respond, and how carefully they made and noted changes to the details of how they used the device.

2 Likes

Hi @Bob, thank you so so much for your quick response to my questions. I need to clarify: since his last brain surgery, I think a few years back, he has shown no sign of the tumour growing back, but who knows as this has been the third time they found the tumour growing again.

I will definitely contact his mother and have the young man read and translate your instructions to his mother; they can reach a decision of how to proceed from here. Certainly, if it were my son, I definitely would want to go ahead with this — as his mother puts it, the epilepsy and recurring tumour is like a ticking time bomb in him that can go off any minute.

If they do decide to go ahead with the treatment, I will post on the forum and update you on his progress. Again, on behalf of that family, thank you so so much!

3 Likes

An update on the young man with epilepsy. After some discussion, our friend has decided not to try the treatment. He had an attack just a few weeks ago and he said he ended up choking on his saliva in the midst of his seizure which lasted about 10 minutes, so he’s afraid of the risk.

However, he’s opted for another form of alternative health treatment that has had some success with treating people with tumours and cancer. Plus, no risks involved, since it only entails “energy adjustment” through the laying of hands on a person’s chakras.

While there is no scientific basis for it, we are hearing testimonials from people who recovered from cancer and tumour growth. Volunteers have been helping me as well for my pain, and I amazingly found that I can actually go two days pain-free!

In my opinion, the effects of those kinds of treatments are indisputable. Many things like that can have very positive (or intentionally very negative*) effects.

It has been documented in the medical literature numerous times that people who live in a culture that believes in shamanic power can have both benefits and harm from shamanic practices. Some accounts of shamanic curses lead directly to the death of the person who had been cursed. This was evaluated and verified a long time ago, at least as early as the 1970’s (based on the papers I read in graduate school). So, the power and impact of belief on health and disease is enormous. Even in modern hospitals, any honest surgeon will tell you that people with a positive attitude will recover much better than a person with a negative attitude toward their recovery.

This is a very important area of serious scholarly study, and I am convinced that the effects are real. But I am not an expert and so I probably should not comment much more than that.

1 Like

just comments from the peanut gallery, but i think one of the things i appreciate most is your consistent honesty and applied knowledge and experience to the context of each situation.

fortunate to have a rare, authentic breed of expert like you in an industry filled with charlatans and hyperbole

1 Like

I don’t consider myself superstitious and to be honest, even though I had heard about this energy adjustment group years ago, I resisted going there because I was skeptical that it would do much good for my pain. I thought the people who were saying how energy healing could get rid of cancers and such were just responding to a placebo effect. Sure, I’ve trained in martial arts and meditation and I’ve personally seen people knit broken bones in a few days… but cancer and tumours? That seemed a little too extreme.

But when the PEMF-ICES didn’t do much for my hip pain, I decided what did I have to lose? One volunteer spent three days opening up my chakras, and wow, within a few minutes I could feel the energy rushing down my legs! For 20+ years I had felt only numbness and tingling or burning sensations because of severe nerve damage, and now I can actually feel circulating heat, plus the pain is reduced about 60-75%. It’s not perfect, and I know I still have a long way to go but in combination with the M1 and daily meditation to keep the chakras open, for once I harbour the hope that I can actually beat this thing and have a normal life again. No more dreading driving in cars with bucket seats that drain me of energy or having to consider sitting in a wheelchair to get around… I could really kick myself for not keeping a more open mind and trying this years ago!