Flux Health Forum

Dissociative Amnesia

A couple of days ago I put something up on the forum about inherited PTSD. I neglected to ask if anyone on the forum has a similar family history that might indicate that PTSD symptoms are inherited If so can some of the symptoms be lessened or zeroed out using PEMF. I would appreciate any replies from anyone who has experienced something similar to what I briefly describe below. I was never given a diagnosis of dissociative amnesia but after reading about it I wonder why. As I noted in another statement I put on the forum, I experienced extreme trauma at age 12 and had total and I mean total amnesia about it. The memories of the trauma returned 29 years later. There is one memory I had before the trauma memories returned that is probably related to the trauma. I remember thinking about committing suicide in my early teen years. I would picture in my mind my body in a coffin and my family and friends there crying. I would then say to myself “I can’t do it”. 58 years later and I am still here. Description of dissociative amnesia from webmd.com –“ Dissociative amnesia is one of a group of conditions called dissociative disorders. Dissociative disorders are mental illnesses that involve disruptions or breakdowns of memory, consciousness, awareness, identity, and/or perception. When one or more of these functions is disrupted, symptoms can result. These symptoms can interfere with a person’s general functioning, including social and work activities, and relationships.

Phalma,

Have you noticed anything change with the ICES? I genuinely went through such similar things. An interesting thing has happened though. Nowadays, I can’t emotionally access the “I can’t do it” or the suicidal fantasies. They are so completely gone now that I don’t have a way back mentally or emotionally. I already shared that I did a lot of things. One thing was that I learned about the trees in the brain. Yes, I am not a science person. Mark would be the one who understands them. I did learn about them and what I will say is that my abuse tree and my suicide trees are gone. If that is what it was.