Flux Health Forum

Cortical rhythms Alzheimers /Autism/Dementia

@DrJoe @Bob

I am curious… if Dr. Michael Hamblin and many other scientists/researchers have studied the biomolecular mechanism of action for photobiomodulation, wouldn’t those labs also have the know how to study the mechanism of action for ICES? Why isn’t this being studied already in many labs? Is there much more grant money for photobiomodulation reserach but not for PEMF? There are thousands of photobiomodulation studies on pubmed, but not for PEMF/ICES. Curious to get your take since you know the research system and I don’t.

Thank you @TajD Hamblin is a co author of mine. " know how to study the mechanism of action for ICES? " I don’t know what ICES is without googling it… PEMF may be older than PBMT [photobiomodulation therapy] but they are both young sciences. There is no money for any kind of study as we see it. Very good research questions are out there. 1. there is no money. 2, there are very few people that can answer the questions. 3. the people that CAN accomplish 1 + 2 need to have a strong desire to complete the study process. I am always seeking the DIVINE RELATIONS that will put these 3 factors in alignment. I think @Bob and Co are exceeding the norm with their ability to get this far. SALUTE to them. I am building my lab with the help of BRAIN GAUGE etc. You should check out my Instagram @my_brain_matters or FACEBOOK to see what I am up to. I am off to Denver for a WAVIMEDICAL conference. They are a new product also… P300 ERPs
PEACE J

1 Like

@TajD, @DrJOE, this is an excellent question and it points to the heart of the crisis we are currently having right now in medical/health research. This question could generally be asked about almost any reasonable topic: If so many people think [something] helps, why don’t we have several (or at least one) good, comprehensive studies of it?

Well, I will not sugar coat this. It is part of a massive system failure that we have in the sciences. In addition to our realization that most medical research is not repeatable or reliable, even under the best possible circumstances, the second major part of the problem is that many areas of research are taboo. The systemic problem is much bigger than this, but let’s just focus on these two catastrophic problems for the moment:

To understand this, first I think everyone should read and understand the excellent book Rigor Mortis, by Richard Harris:

The bottom line: cancer research, done by the best researchers in the best laboratories at the best universities with the best funding and published in the best scientific journals is only 11% to 25% reliable. That means that 75% to 89% of the very best cancer research is rubbish, unrepeatable, non-science. That appears to be the reality we face. The more this assertion is scrutinized, the more real it appears to be. Look it up for yourself and internalize that very ugly fact. This horrible truth is almost certainly generalizable to the other areas of medical research. Keep in mind, I am a scientist, my entire life is built upon the belief that the arc of science tends toward truth, and recently I find myself facing the fact that most of modern medical science is highly questionable at best, and absolute rubbish at worst. I feel like the Death Star just vaporized my home planet as I watched helplessly from a distance.

Second, we need to consider the effect of the Flexner report of 1910:

As a result of the Flexner Report, many areas of research have become taboo, and researchers face a very real and career-ending stigma, strongly discouraging any serious consideration of electro-medicine. This means that in general, getting funding for this type of research, getting the necessary resources, getting approvals, and getting a fair review of the results and finally getting it published is nearly impossible. At each step, there are countless barriers.

Nonetheless, there are about 1000-2000 scientific papers that deal directly or indirectly with PEMF. Nearly all of them show a benefit of PEMF, and none of them report negative side effects so far as I can tell. Most of my mainstream colleagues simply discount these out-of-hand, which is remarkably unscientific of them. But they would rather ignore the massive amount of evidence than risk the professional consequences of having anything at all to do with this area o research.

Finally, to answer your question more directly: why not study ICES/PEMF? Well, it turns out that there is no cash incentive for people to study ICES directly, I make sure of that, so as to remove the monetary bias. ICES-PEMF is a specific form of PEMF that I have patented and trademarked specifically to protect it from alteration or abuse in the Dark Underworld of PEMF. This way, I can be very careful about how the science is done, and exactly how “PEMF” is defined, so that the scientific results are clear and unambiguous. But the counter-side of this is that, since I have tight control and ownership over the specific form of PEMF designated “ICES”, no one has the incentive to abuse it for profit, and anyone studying it cannot simply patent it as is often done with academic findings in the last few decades.

3 Likes

One more thing I would like to add: modern science is dominated by a few opinions that can only be displaced with the funeral of their academic champions:

“A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.”

Max Planck

When leading people in a scientific discipline are biased against something, a rational scrutiny of their biases is usually delayed by about a lifetime.

3 Likes

Thanks, TajD!

That is amazing timing about the Lysine!

It is something to keep track of.

Thanks for the encouragement about my brain!

It is 10 steps forward, 5 steps in place, but the overall direction is forward.

Bob,

Thanks for all of the links.

Those truths about research and science are obvious, even to the uninitiated, and yet, if no science or research was done, I suspect things would get much worse.

I have been looking at competing research every day for the past few years and what I will say is that the “bad news” studies do tend to be helpful.

A lot of the “good news” is often too good to be true, but the “danger, danger” studies are ones which already give some order to the universe.

You mention the PEMF studies and I think the fact that there haven’t been “negative effects” makes it that I just read all of the studies and just try them. I don’t do that with every supplement or other things. Infrared and PEMF are the 2 main things I just try it. Healthy food studies would be the other thing I just do the study myself and see what happens.

You mentioned once the use of the ICES for Cancer having good results and that would be one thing I would be seriously interested in hearing what the people did.

I would be seriously interested to know what people did as well, but there have only been a few who have told me they had tried it, they generally tell me it was very helpful for them, then they more or less drop off the radar without giving any details. I wish I knew more, but it is not my style to press people for information: if they want to share it they will do so without me pressuring them (I hope).

P300 testing… Evoked Response Related Potentials

Wavimedical conference

this is the AI program they are using to let the computer pick the disease… more or less

1 Like

This is the AI program… it appears… and this is just a cursory knowledge… that HISTORY tabs are clicked… and this gives the AI a chance to SORT SCANS by history. They were able to pick out a group of people who suffered a Motor Vehicle Accident based on the P300 results. And while I am just starting with BRAIN GAUGE… There does not appear to be any way of sorting the results. They are building a database that will assist in recognizing WHAT IS WRONG with the BRAIN using AI. www,wavimed.com

I’ve been using M1 on head daily for few months now, as in tbi study. I have been able to increase intensity to 10 without side effects. However it’s difficult to ascertain specific benefit for ptsd or stiffness issue at this point although there may very well be subtle improvements.

Bob, Are you still experimenting with pemf and/or infrared lights on your head? Would you care to update ?

Sure. This might be a bit premature, but…

I had rarely used ICES-PEMF on my head because until recently there was no need to do so. Also, after my stroke I was sensitive to it (made me dizzy, even on low settings).

But recently I have been trying occasional ICES, and I easily built up to using it on an intensity of 11, trans-temporally, alpha-wave, for an hour or two at night.

I have had no negative side effects whatsoever, and there seem to be many benefits:

-My dizziness/BPPV has been significantly reduced. That had not happened before.

-My overall feeling of well-being is greater than it has been in several years.

-My left hip pain and the chronic regional pain associated with it has improved dramatically

-My gait and balance are definitely better.

-My overall attitude, alertness, and quality of sleep have all improved quite a lot.

These all are very big improvements for me, and I hope they are not just temporary, but I intend to continue using ICES on my head as described above, every night.

This does not prove anything, and it may just be part of my normal recovery, and the ICES may have had nothing to do with it. But I am definitely headed in the right direction, so I plan to keep with it.

Of course, read this with healthy skepticism since I am subject to strong biases in favor of my own technology.

4 Likes

do you place the coils directly over the temple depression?

Usually up and forward a bit (1-2 cm) from the center of the temporal depression. I have discussed cranial coil placement strategies with Bill Pawluk MD a few times. If I recall our discussions correctly, he thinks that trans-parietal is about as effective as trans-temporal. He is also a big fan of front-to-back coil placement on the head, as well as base of the skull, which I sometimes use lately, which I am also beginning to think is helping me. But mostly trans-temporal slightly above and forward of the center of the temporal depression, as I describe earlier.

3 Likes

i have been doing that for the last 2 days with my a9 on medium while sleeping (for about 4hrs at a time) and haven’t noticed anything much. the first night i had a dream (i never dream), but nothing the second night… both times about 4 hours so far.

prior to that i have been using on my lazy eye for about 3 nights about same amount of time and same setting… over Temple and over eye socket… i will test vision in 2mos but i swear i am using both eyes more evenly. it’s really too early to say. i can usually tell when i rely on my right eye bc of better vision in that eye… i have tested 1 week from last as a baseline… my eyesight test score improved …buuut i dunno what is placebo and what is real yet.

I’m excited about other things I’ve been testing… like my dad who had a thrombotic stroke back in 94 and has partial right side paralysis with limited mobility and sensation. he has gone thru physical therapy, massage, acupuncture, and even traditional chinese medicine energy (qi) healing and meditation with improvement over the years. but the last few years have been static in any noticeable gains… I’ll post later about the 2 sessions so far with ices… interesting experience for my dad…

1 Like

@OptimalHealth I’d be very interest to learn the effects of the ICES on your Dad’s paralysis from his stroke. Looking forward to your post.

1 Like

What power level are you using? I have been using 13 but I am unsure how to gauge when too much is too much. Suggestions?

got my dad to finally start using ices for the last 2 mos every night. his feedback from him and the massage person he’s been going to to help loosen his stitf muscles on his right side is that he’s gotten more range of motion and flexibility. we are going to start applying coils to his head to see what kind of results we get.

thinking of placing left side of his head and left side of top of head (primary motor cortex) to see if that helps with mobility of right side.

That sounds very promising! Thanks for sharing. Hope the coil usage on the head also yields positive gains.

Hi to everyone here, I just finished watching a very interesting podcast that is related to this thread. Here is the notes:

Dr. Axel Montagne is a chancellor’s fellow and group leader at the UK Dementia Research Institute at the University of Edinburgh Centre for Clinical Brain Sciences. His group aims to understand how, when, and where critical components of the blood-brain barrier become dysfunctional preceding dementia and in the earliest stages of age-related cognitive decline. With this knowledge, they hope to develop precise treatments targeting brain vasculature to protect brain function.

More importantly his work, and that of his colleagues, provide a critical lens through which to view the contributions of vascular dysfunction (or, conversely, vascular health – if we choose to preserve it) as a critical common thread in dementia and neurodegeneration.

Edit: In addition, this reminded me of @Bob video on stroke recovery and prevention.