Flux Health Forum

Comparing M1 to C5

I wonder what the mechanism is that people can get so over-tired that they feel wider awake than when they are awake normally.

I am thinking there must be some sort of Alpha or Beta thing going on.

Okay, I am going to try to sleep tonight.

I took a few days off of the ICES altogether because I feel like I got that over-saturation where it became annoying the other day and that I think might have been because I was so tired, but either way, it is time to try to sleep.

We will see what happens.

Do Zack Bush 4 min workout, every two hours, and sleep like baby tonight. I just started doing it and feels invigorating and relaxing.

1 Like

I like Zach Bush. He is fun to listen to.

I used Theta last night and slept for 5 hours. Better than it has been. I didn’t remember any dreams and I think I sleep sounder with Delta. I will try Delta tonight.

I used the M-1. (My friend still can’t use it until her hives go away.)

I feel like the regular coils work better for sleep than the deep coils.

1 Like

Thank-you for posting.
I have not been compliant and needed a reminder.
Dr. Mercola calls Dr. Zac Bush the smartest Doctor he has ever met.
Triple board certified excluding functional medicine (where he might be the best in the USA), or uses alternative therapies like homeopathy, Traditional Chinese medicine… and keeps up with the latest science of the “omics”.

Very few people can put very complicated ideas in simple terms.
Even fewer people will take the time to learn other disciplines and apply them clinically.

2 Likes

The Sherzai’s are not Adventists. They are doctors who noticed that they had patients at two different places and the Adventists were extremely healthy and have very little Alzheimer’s and they lived in a community with the worst health in the area, so they found themselves working with two contrasting groups. One living to advanced elderly age and staying cognitively sound with lower than 5% of the people getting Alzheimers and the other community next door with seriously poor health and seriously high rates of dementia and Alzheimer’s and, as doctors, they go back and forth every day between those two clinics and I believe they said that have over ten thousand people in one of their studies. I don’t believe that Bredesen had that type of situation at all. Not nearly the amount of people in his study. But he has had success and I do listen to him, too. They often speak at the same events.

I tried to find the Sherzai’s study which was part of the Food Revolution Network Summit. I didn’t find it and I might be wrong about how many people are in their current study, but the “non-Adventist dementia clinic” has 3000 people at that and what they said when they went there was what surprised them was that almost none of the people who had dementia were Whole Food Plant Based and that is what gave them the contrast between a Whole Food Plant Based group where almost nobody had Alzheimer’s and a Dementia Clinic where almost nobody ate a Whole Food Plant Based diet.

The truth is that I am waiting for that study to come out and I am waiting for Dr. Ornish’s study to come out. Both are coming soon.

The bigger picture though is that places where people eat high fiber and low animal products don’t tend to get Alzheimer’s and Dr. Greger has shown the autopsy photo from when they examined the arteries of people with Alzheimer’s versus those who died without it and the Alzheimer’s group all had blocked arteries and the people without dementia had clean arteries.

The science is not settled yet and I have listened to so many theories of Alzheimer’s and saturated fat increases the rate by 5 times and blood sugar issues obviously increase it and homocysteine and heavy metals in the brain increase it.

There are many factors, but the bigger cultural studies, Plant Based diets don’t contribute to it. Western diets do.

Is your primary goal to reverse alleged dementia or Alzheimers or to prevent further onset?

What individual measurements are you using inorder to achieve this goal?

If you work for observant 7th Day adventists and wish to have their continued financial support, then it would be very prudent and advantageous to get results that they want.

I was listening to a conference “The real truth about Health” “Best scientific diet” they only have plant - anti-meat eaters on their panel.
Impressive panel, but very very biased.
A Conference needs heavy weights from both sides to be balanced.

While non-grass fed meat is very highly toxic, grass fed meat has not been proven to be toxic. Potentially for people who are open and can afford to eating clean meat"
And enjoy clean meat that may well be another alternative.

There is a theory that humans increased in brain size over other animals due to eating (paleo) meat which allegedly has far more proteins and nutrients then grain.
Whether its true or not, is not something I care to debate.
Archeological studies might also be in favor of the paleo-meat argument?

There is another theory that one needs sufficient protein per day and that too much carbohydrates causes brain inflammation. Alzheimers has a brain inflammatory component in addition to other components eg maybe heavy metal poisonong etc.

For plant diet believers including meat in one’s diet is like asking Observant Orthodox Jews to eat pork. That is unrealistic. If an Orthodox Rabbi with an MD PHD, claimed that grass fed pork was unhealthy, I would be sceptical due to a conflict of interest.
Yes I am aware that Jews unlike 7th Day adventists are not interested in converting the world as 7th Day adventists work daily to achieve. Neither do they look to enforce their beliefs on others, unlike 7th Day adventists or many other well meaning plant only diet activists.

If an independent person wants to reverse dementia , maybe the plant based high carb diet will work? Maybe the low carb keto diet might be better?
Maybe a combination between the two where one alternates?

I know that observant 7th Day adventists will not eat meat, no matter what the data would show. Neither would many plant based people.

People open to eating meat should not rely mainly on studies financied by “plant only evangelicals”. That is not scientific.

I am reversing it and it is working so far. I am 10,000 times better than I was 6 years ago and than I was 2 years ago. Still working on things.

That is not true about the Adventists. They were chosen not because of vegan, they were chosen because they had longevity and it was easy to control for factors because they don’t drink or smoke or other “risky behaviors”, so they could easily break them into groups like vegan, lacto-ovo, fish eaters, etc. and not have as many confounding factors.

Mostly though, they are one of the Blue Zone communities. They have longevity, so people study them to see how they do it.

They also have less than 5% Alzheimer’s even though they live in a place where the surrounding community has high levels of Alzheimer’s, so there was a good contrast for the Sherzai’s to go back and forth between the Adventists and the dementia clinic and that 3000 people had very, very, very few Whole Food Plant Based eaters so it really was a perfect contrast.

I feel like you are emotional about Keto and don’t want to learn it from both directions or just can’t do it dispassionately and I have said from the beginning that I am not against you being vegan. I just do not see Whole Food Plant Based as inferior even for brain health. Countries which people eat high fiber have very low levels of Alzheimer’s and countries with very little constipation have very low levels of Alzheimer’s and people with certain good gut bacteria have very low levels of Alzheimer’s and there is a huge blocked artery component. Heart disease is a huge risk factor for it. And, yes, Diabetes is also a risk factor and I know that you haven’t been exposed to healing the pancreas by getting the fat out of it mechanism, but I am reading so many testimonials and the Mastering Diabetes link that I gave to you has over 3500 people who are succeeding by going Whole Food Plant Based.

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/full/10.1161/01.atv.0000095973.42032.44

Yes, there is more than one risk factor and, yes, people who go vegan and who don’t supplement B-12, for instance, would be a risk factor because they would have high homocysteine levels or they might need to supplement zinc because vegans can be low in that and have the wrong copper / zinc balance.

But worldwide, Whole Food Plant Based is excellent for brain health and my brain health is improving.

I know that the fact that my brain was so bad may make it so that people here only see the disease in my brain, but I am getting better and the people over at Nutritionfacts.org might see that part.

I want you to know that I am not trying to debate with you.

I am not trying to disrespect your choices.

I feel like the multiple sides of these diet wars have been so disrespectful that people simply don’t understand each other’s sides and that makes it difficult to have calm conversations about these topics.

Yes, plus, we are following doctors who have biases and they make comments, which make it harder to understand the positions.

The people who put Whole Food Plant Based down, go straight to words like “Vegan” and they use words like “Carbs” instead of “Whole Foods” and they include refined carbs in the data and there are studies even, where the “anti-carb” researcher got rid of trans-fats and separated even saturated fats as categories because he didn’t want those affecting the “fats” category, but he didn’t do the same “favor” to carbs. He combined refined carbs and whole food carbs in the same category so “carbs” looked bad. They speak as if a sweet potato is “sugar” and their followers do the same process and it is because if you are trying to eat Keto, you have to count carbs, but Whole Food Plant Based people don’t have to count calories or carbs.

Kempner had to add table sugar in because people who eat a lot of fiber and who eat a lot of foods which fill the stomach and trigger the stretch receptors to turn off the ghrelin hormone often struggle to get enough calories, so it is often a naturally lower calorie diet because carbs have 4 calories and fats have 9.

I am not saying all of this for you to change what you are doing.

I am saying it because I know that you look at my brain problems and feel like I am making a mistake going Whole Food Plant Based and I am making a decision to do it after having researched things from both directions and Whole Food Plant Based fits me more.

I don’t see the doctors like Ornish and Greger and Esselstyn and McDougall and the Sherzai’s as inferior in any way to the Keto doctors.

I listen to all of them.

I feel like you don’t understand that they have a diet which is reversing the need for heart transplants and kidney transplants and diabetes and neuropathy and retinopathy and cancer, etc. They reverse 90% of MS and the list goes on and on.

I am not comparing them to Keto right now. I am saying that I chose a valid diet even for Alzheimer’s and that there are Alzheimer’s doctors with teachings from that side, too.

I don’t feel like that should be a threat at all.

@PEMFenthusiast2, Creating new products is a long and very expensive endeavor. I have to factor in many things that you would normally never think of. I get about 5 or 6 requests for new product configurations/sizes/programs every week. I try to take these into account, but there are so many other factors involved and such a huge cost that the planning, design, prototyping, testing, revising, re-testing in the lab, field-testing, revising again, initial manufacturing, re-testing, re-manufacturing, deployment, and initial product revision steps involved in all products before you can roll out a new product takes 18-24 months. And it is very expensive. Many technology companies go out-of-business if they make a mistake in this process.

So I have to be very cautious about initiating any new product development. I try to make significant improvements as often as I can, but these improvements are usually very technical.

Here is an interesting fact I recently discovered while reviewing PEMF products at a conference just a few days ago: A very popular “whole body” PEMF system that sells for $19,995.00 has several enhancements that make it look cooler and more convenient to use, but the core technology remains very primitive, and has been in use for about 120 years (since at least 1898). It simply does not work any better, it just looks better. This lack of advancement has been the curse of the entire field of PEMF for decades.

The point here is that I need to stay focused on advancing the core technology. And since I am designing alone, I only have limited time and resources for doing much else.

8 Likes

I have a question about the M1. I just got one and I love the small size and other features. The only problem is that the batteries don’t last through the night. I’ve been using Omni8 and a power level of 9 and the battery is always dead in the morning. I start with a full charge. I’m not sure just how long it lasts but it is less than 8 hours. I do turn off the display light to try save power. Is this normal? How long should a battery last?

serialspinner,

High power uses up battery faster.

When I turn the power down to 5 or lower, it tends to last all night. I think the manual said 6 to 8 hours at low power, where I have turned it way up and had the battery die in less than 2 hours.

You can buy an adapter. I will let Bob answer that. I will guess that it is a “mini” but he gave me that information a long time ago.

it may last, but you can buy an adapter.

Welcome back!

That is fascinating that they still are using technology from the 1800’s. The fact that they make that much money for it, you would think they would be spearheading the research with all of those profits.

Technical trade-off:
Small batteries = less size and weight = more portability = less time of operation

Battery time depends on many factors:
Higher intensity = shorter battery life
Higher pulse rate = shorter battery life
Batteries last 2 to 8 hours, based on the factors above.

Batteries are chemical reactors, they are highly variable, and even batteries from the same manufacturing batch can vary by as much as 50%

You can use a USB-to-mini-B cable (not a micro-B) to power the M1 without batteries. These are inexpensive and easily available from places such as amazon.com

When you use a cable, you should not have a battery installed in the M1.

The power switch will operate in the opposite direction:
UP = ON
DOWN = OFF
(exactly the opposite of when batteries are used)

2 Likes

Thanks for your prompt answer. Just ordered the cable…

The placing 4 arrays together to make a small mattress was wonderful.

I unfortunately do not have an engineering background.

Would producing a “super C5 with 16 outlets” or a weaker coil system in a mattress
Not be a likely possibility for the next 18 months?

1 Like

I think it is unlikely because I am developing other things right now and it will probably be a good long while before I could get to this project. But you need to understand it is not a simple thing, and will require several months of work, if I ever get to it, because I make sure that devices actually work well before I market them, unlike many others in this technological space.