Flux Health Forum

Coil glasses

Been wanting to set these up for a while. Finally got around to it!

2 Likes

Wow perfect fit - can you share a link to the pair of glasses?

1 Like

Of course. It’s theast I could do, as your posts have helped me so much!

1 Like

haha… the new Ray-Ban Pulse by Dr @Bob glasses are in!

alpha Red
beta Blue
and gamma Green are now available!

2 Likes

Have you made any progress in the eye issues you are treating yet? Please keep us posted!

Just starting out really.

From a background perspective (visually speaking) I was a military aviator at one time and had better than 20/20 vision. But when I was 27 I suddenly developed an astigmatism in my left eye. At that time though my right eye did most of the heavy lifting (wore the AH-64 IHADSS).

Later I was misdiagnosed with ocular hypertension (precursor to glaucoma), due to thickening of the cornea. Hard to say what the cause was. One Army ophthalmologist speculated that I was inadvertently exposed to LASER, which is certainly possible, as the ranging and target designation LASERs the military uses are generally not visible to the naked eye. Later after my military career presbyopia hit like clockwork right at 40. Now at 59 I have all of those issues, plus dry eyes and what ever diabetes is trying to do to them. So for me I’m hoping to maintain status quo, or better. I’ll take what I can get. It seems that eyes tend to be fairly responsive to PEMF, and luckily most of my health issues seem to improve with it, so fingers crossed. I can say so far that dry eye symptoms seem to be abating somewhat, though at this point it only seems to be temporary. I will try to use my P9 on my eyes more consistently now that I have rigged up the glasses to make it easier. I will report back to this thread with my anecdotal experience.

1 Like

Awesome - thanks for sharing your findings. Have you taken efforts/ seen results on reversing diabetes?

1 Like

Well, yes in the sense that I try to use my P9 (A9 before that) or C5 as much as I can both day and night. I move coils around and reconfigure them, stacked vs side by side, etc. Sometimes in the liver area, pancreas, also often around the heart, aorta, carotids, etc… Those are generally pretty deep tissues, but I can only use the deep field coils with my C5, so not often. I’m also often splitting time using the coils at locations of aches & pains. Plenty of those to choose from; left knee injury (meniscus & ligament tear), right ankle reconstruction, C-spine & L-spine degeneration, L & R elbow reconstructive surgery. Arthritis in both shoulders, both hands/wrists, & R hip. But honestly I find most of these musculoskeletal issues so much more manageable since learning about PEMF and making my first purchase (C5 back in March of this year). Since then I’ve Bought an A9 & most recently a P9 that I travel with for work. I don’t even take NSAIDS any more, just haven’t found the need.

On the traditional medicine side my Dr prescribed Mounjaro and statins. I’m taking the Mounjaro, but not the statins. I was diagnosed in late March, and so far I have lost 40#. I’ll get my A1C tested again on 23 July and see where things stand on that. My Dr is a staunch believer that once a diabetic always a diabetic, though I have read some research out of the UK that seems to indicate there is more of a spectrum and and some people do recover some or even most of their pancreatic beta cells. Also much is said about diabetes being a systemic inflammatory / autoimmune disease. Which gives me hope that PEMF could potentially contribute to some version of a recovery / management regime. Time will tell. I’m doing my best to be diligent in my diet medication, and the judicious application of PEMF. I mostly feel much better, accept for the first couple of days after taking the Mounjaro. Its a pretty powerful medication, and this is the first time in my life that I’ve been on medication for more than a week or two. Its taken some adjustment.

That’s great you don’t need to take NSAIDs any more - they are hard on the gut in my personal experience. ICES PEMF has also allowed me to live Ibuprofen free for 5 years.

Definitely hoping you find success with reduction of HbA1C, continued or sustained weight reduction, etc.

On the insulin resistance side of things, I know type 2 diabetes runs in my family, and my genomic test validates my genetic tendency toward this. I have changed my diet (low carb and no processed food) and life style (dialing in better sleep), HIIT cardio, Resistance Training (X3bar) and am very pleased with the results.

1 Like

Wow, OK, so, this is a very interesting thread. First: military aviation is rough on a body. Thank you for doing the heavy lifting for democracy. I fought my own little corner of the Cold War in an underground bunker in El Segundo CA, trouble-shooting orbital kinetic kill weapons for Hughes Aircraft Co. Only minor health hazards there, well, for us anyway.

Every anecdotal indication that I have collected in the past 2 decades does indicate significant benefits for the eyes from using ICES-PEMF. I can offer no proof, only a lot of anecdotes from intelligent people.

I was able to do a bit of research on diabetes though (lab mice, at UNC). We did get data that pancreatic inflammation was reduced even with low-intensity ICES-PEMF. But unfortunately like most good academic research, it died a slow painful death at the hands of competing perverse incentives.

But my working hypothesis might be helpful to you, and may also shed some light on the underlying phenomenon of occasional diabetic recovery being reported from the UK:

Initial loss of Islet cells in the pancreas seems to result from a period of insulitis and as such, is an autoimmune problem. But this allergic reaction is transient, maybe 10 or 12 weeks. Unfortunately, during that time the prevailing wisdom is that the immune system has already killed all of the islet cells, so the pancreas no longer is capable of making more islet cells and the insulin they would have produced.

My working hypothesis is that if we can suppress the pancreatic inflammation well enough to preserve a few islet cells during the transient autoimmune attack, then maybe when the transient allergic reaction has passed, maybe 10 to 12 weeks, then maybe there will be a few islet cells still surviving. Maybe this small population can re-populate the pancreas with islet cells and eventually restore endogenous insulin production. This is not too far from recent research where they have been trying immune-suppressive drugs to “rescue” people from permanent juvenile diabetes.

The researchers in the UK may be seeing the rare few cases where a few islet cells have survived, and subsequent conditions in the pancreas are favorable to their proliferation.

If this is really possible (I don’t know how strong the evidence is, but to me it is plausible) then one thing you can do to increase the probability of being lucky is to restore favorable conditions for cell growth in the pancreas. And it is precisely this that I think may be happening with ICES-PEMF.

That is a hypothesis I would love to test, but I do not have nearly the resources.

BTW, my reasoning is similar with regard to liver and kidney disease too.

1 Like

@TajD

That would be something! I’ve always been a night owl, and these days I travel so much for work, and across so many time zones.

@Bob That is really interesting research. Thanks so much for sharing that Bob! Doesn’t bode well for me having any sort of “recovery”, but it is what it is. Knowledge is power. I will keep using ICES… it’s just so easy and helps for so many things. I mean literally I could be diligently using it on a daily bases hoping for a diabetes recovery, never get it, but in the mean time unknowingly ward off various cancers, coronary artery disease, cataracts, PD, dementia, BPH, etc., all the while. So it is really great to hear about the ever increasing volumes of conditions PEMF can improve. I remember being amazed at how PEMF changed the gene expression of the neuronal cells in the Nasa PEMF experiments you were involved in. It’s still hard for me to believe I just learned about this amazing technology just a few months ago!

El Segundo CA, I’ve been out there.

LOL

Have you seen the kinetic Hellfire missile (AGM-114 R9X)?

Sorry, probably the wrong forum…

That is basically how I think about it too when I am using PEMF.

One example: I always make sure to use PEMF on joints, especially hand, knee, elbow, and my spine, when I get an injury or swelling there. My reasoning: even if it is a minor issue now, my hypothesis is that swollen articular/fibro-cartilage is much more subject to wear-and-tear damage (there is good evidence for this), so by keeping the swelling down now, I am thinking I am reducing the mileage on my joints, and postponing the inevitable future age-related joint degeneration.

I use this general logic for any tissues when I use PEMF to keep pathologic inflammation in check.

1 Like

On subject of many maladies that are inflammation based this shares that I have been informed by a compounding pharmacist (who is, first off, promotive of preventive lifestyle medicine) of ldn (low dose natrexone), dose being approx 1 to 4mg (off label). It is a traditional and effective med for chronic pain and an array of conditions, explanation of why it treats ‘many conditions’ is that it works at the inflammation level, common to many conditions. It can be taken long term, for life, and because it is inexpensive it is not pharma promoted. Googling ldn and ldnresearchtrust.org provides much info . Founder of Ldn Research Trust, suffering with MS, found benefit by taking this drug, thus wanted to bring it to others attention. Granted this info is not pemf related, in which I believe, but I understand that Bob supports remedies that help peoples’ health challenges. I was introduced to ldn by the pharmacist for severe low back pain, which I was treating with pemf, chiro, acupuncture and otc pain killers. When I mentioned my concern about potential organ damage from the otc he informed me about ldn, if it turned chronic. Fortunately my remedies resolved the problem (result of heavy lifting). My primary doc, when asked about the ldn, said he didn’t see me in a chronic situation so to continue with the remedies I was using and to reassess in 6 to 8 weeks. It resolved but I am very glad to have learned about this medicine.

3 Likes

I definitely encourage posts like this. They just need to be helpful and honest. Incidentally, I have been wondering about ldn for a while.

1 Like

My wife has been on 2mg LDN for years, it has kept her Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy in remission when nothing else would.

2 Likes

@Bob – read elsewhere you thought A9 on lowest power might still not be low enough for using on coils attached to glasses. Don’t have an M1. Want to start my wife on 1 minute/day.

Low is probably OK. Optionally, increase the distance from coils to eyes by a few millimeters.

Thanks. Right now the frames I got allow me to actually friction fit the coils into them right where the lenses would go, without tape or anything. So they would be a few mm away from her eyes. Wife is still scared to try because her RSD makes her emf sensitive – she had to return a Bemer mat because the lowest level drove her nervous system nuts. Same with an iPhone–which used to have the highest radiation levels of all phones.