Flux Health Forum

Bruise on the face

My 15 y.o. son just arrived from a rugby training with a nice black eye :see_no_evil:. Would Omni 8 speed up the recovery?

I think it will help a lot.
My son face-planted into a steel mailbox when he was learning to ride a bike. He had lots of pain and bruising. With an A9 and about a day, he was perfectly fine.

3 Likes

That’s good news as we are going to a black tie event next week and he looks pretty socially unacceptable :). How long did you apply the coils for per session?
Looks like our M1 arrived just in time :slight_smile:

Use default (factory) settings and apply it for as long as possible, day and night, changing the batteries every 3 or 4 hours if possible (not necessary to get up in the middle of the night though).

1 Like

Great, thank you. Just need to work out how to stick it to his face :). Micropore will do for the first night

Our family/kid routine for bruises is arnica gel (but unfortunately we often don’t apply it before discoloration sets in), ICES PEMF as @Bob indicated, and 660/830nm red/infrared light 10min twice a day. We find within about three days that it nearly removes all bruising discoloration. Pain typically stops within less than a day.

1 Like

Thank you for your help!
Just 2 more question to make sure we are doing it right. There are 2 coils/ rings and only one black eye - what do I need to do with the second ring? Does it have to be attached somewhere else on the face/ body or just leave it dangle as it is :).
One side of the ring has some kind of dots - I assume that is the side which needs to be in contact with the skin?
Thanks again

You can use just one ring (just put the other ring elsewhere), or you can stack the two rings together, bumpy-side-to-bumpy side, usually easiest to tape them together.

1 Like

Great, thank you! Getting there :slight_smile:

Sorry, me again :). I do appreciate it must be incredibly boring (if not annoying) to answer the same questions over and over, so I am very grateful for your time and responses.
What does “power” relate to - the depth of the pain (1 for superficial bruise, 15 for internal organs) or degree of pain/inflammation (the worse the pain is, the higher energy levels should be)?

Very briefly, the answer to your question is “YES” and “YES”. It’s a combination of both (and a few more) things.

A more detailed discussion:

I am very happy to answer these questions. Most questions that people ask are about the same few topics, but people ask them with individual circumstances or details that really do require individual responses. This is why I rarely respond with a link to a previous answer. I think each person needs an answer tailored to their circumstances and their needs. Ironically, I think most people need to understand that they might be asking the question the wrong way, so the correct answer will not help them as much as it could. I have difficulty making this clear, which is why some of my detailed answers are so ponderous and not really helpful, even though I do my best to make each answer technically correct.

In your question I think you are getting at then concept of “power” or “intensity” differently and more usefully than the way this question is usually asked. Most people ask this question in the following way: “For a maximum power, how many Gauss at a depth of XYZ inches into the body?”

Can I answer that question? YES
Is the answer useful to anyone in any way? Not really. It is highly technical, involves a lot of calculus, and does not really relate directly to biology.

But in my opinion you have asked ostensibly the same question, but in an interesting and very useful way. So I’m happy to discuss this because framed this way, the discussion should help more people.

First, let’s think about what “power” or “intensity” means for ICES-PEMF. This is the way that people can adjust the rate of change of the magnetic pulse, literally, how fast does the magnetic field turn ON, then turn OFF, for each pulse. That’s what you are adjusting by setting the intensity (or power).

This is the important thing to control, because of two things:
(1) Individual variability and sensitivity to PEMF.
(2) Physical placement of coils with respect to the target tissue.

First, people are very different in their sensitivity. What is too weak for some people is too much for others. Just like weights in a gym, for any given person, a certain weight might be too little or too much for any given exercise.

This analogy is pretty good for individual people using PEMF too. A person will have a certain unique sensitivity to PEMF, so they need to be able to adjust for their needs. But also, different uses or injuries on the same person require different levels of intensity, just the same as different exercises for different muscles require different amounts of weight in a gym.

An example of this for me personally is that the best intensity setting for lower back pain is about 8 or 9 using an M1. If I use too much intensity, it actually stops working, then it can actually cause more discomfort. I don’t care how many Gauss that is, I only care that it works best at this setting for my lower pack pain. But some people require more, and some people require less for their lower back pain. But when I start to get a flare-up of fibromyalgia in a forearm, I need a lot more intensity. I set my M1 to an intensity of 13 or 14 and strap it to my forearm. It takes a few days, but at this intensity level I get long-term relief, typically my fibro symptoms are resolved and they stay away for several years(!). When my fibro flares up again, I just apply my M1 to it at high intensity for a day or two, then I remain pain free for the next few years. But for this to work for me, I need to use this higher level of intensity. So, my lower back injury is different from whatever is causing my fibromyalgia, and they each respond to very different levels of intensity.

The important point here is that individual people and individual injuries require different intensity levels. You can not calculate or prescribe it. You determine the intensity level by trial, observation, and adjustment.

The second reason for intensity adjustment is more direct. If the coils are farther away from the target tissue, you might need higher intensity to achieve the right level of rate of change of magnetic field. For example, coils placed beneath a pillow or when targeting deep tissues/injuries, it usually helps to increase the intensity level to compensate for the increased distance.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your detailed answer. As I thought, one size doesn’t fit all, but I got the idea.
P.S. Fibromyalgia often relates to poor gut health (which can be triggered by high pH of the stomach acid, dysbiosis, issues with bile flow, gluten/ dairy intolerance etc) and genetic predisposition for inflammation with SNPs IL 1, IL 6 and TNFA

1 Like

@Natalia, have you tried larazotide in your practice and can you share any experiences? Considering that for one of the challenges we are working on.

I believe this is true about fibromyalgia relating to gut imbalance and inflammation. The frequency and severity of my episodes has diminished to almost zero since I began sensible use or pre- and pro-biotics.

Sadly it’s not easily available in the UK, therefore I haven’t used it

Hooray, the bruise has cleared! We are very impressed as being rugby parents for 10 years, we know that the “natural” time of bruise healing is about twice as long.
Coincidentally (?) his eczema flair on the face caused by dietary crime/ sugar overload over Easter has cleared as well. It might be an extra bonus from immunomodulating/ anti-inflammatory effect of the device.
For future references - what is the maximum power setting people successfully used on the face with Omni 8?

I forgot to mention that we do (unofficially :slight_smile: recommend people to consider LVLLUP Ultimate gut repair product. It is expensive, can get stuck in customs, takes about 10-14 days to arrive from Australia, but people who tried it, rate it very highly. It does contain Larazotide (as well as BPC, KVP and high dose of Zinc, so it’s not a clear trial with Larazotide). The only thing which might not suit you is copper in this product, but it’s well balanced by high dose of Zn (as you probably know they compete for the same receptors and counterbalance each other). For many people this product was a game changer

1 Like

That is outstanding, thanks for letting us know. On the occasions where we have actually quantified healing milestones (post-surgical or post-injury), using independent assessments that are standardized where possible, we find that healing occurs in about one half to as little as one third of the expected time. Just as an example, for craniofacial surgery in a study we started in Egypt (which was abruptly ended by the Arab Spring), the independent surgical evaluations were that the maxillary repair and recovery at 3 weeks post surgery was what would have been expected only at 6 weeks post-surgical, so the healing rate was about doubled.

As for the intensity level for Omni-8 for facial injuries: for acute orthopedic injuries people tend to have success with somewhat higher intensity than usual, but generally H or even X on an A9 is not too excessive, which would be about 10 to 14 on a model M1. But as usual, always be willing to consider lower intensity as it might actually work better in any given individual case.

2 Likes

Just started Larazotide for the first time along side BPC-157 and KPV which we had already tried. Initial results appear really, really good - fingers crossed it continues. Definitely see much better gut & blood brain barrier as we are also using an herbal supplement to kill pathogenic bacteria at the same time. Cautiously optimistic.

This research article kind of speaks to what we are seeing. Not saying our case is COVID related, however, it is multi-inflammatory and we are seeing larazotide help in ways we haven’t seen anything other than ICES PEMF help (but ICES PEMF caused significant die-off in our case because of the lack of gut and blood brain barrier).
https://journals.lww.com/ccejournal/Fulltext/2022/02000/Zonulin_Antagonist,Larazotide__AT1001,_As_an.19.aspx

I will know a lot more in a couple more weeks. Today is day 3 and would have expected massive die-off by now based on the changes made three days ago.

That sounds very promising! I would say LVLUP ultimate gut repair, which also contains those 3 peptides, is one of the best products we’ve used. Unfortunately It just takes weeks to arrive from Australia and the price is not affordable for some people.
Do you use oral or injectable preparations? Are they from Limitless Life nootropics?
You guys are very lucky in the States as you have so many useful preparations, which are banned in the UK :). Like this one https://pendulumlife.com/products/pendulum-akkermansia?dsc_appld=true, which might be helpful to use after the antimicrobial course along with peptides.
I am currently doing the school of epigenetic regulation on Khavinson’s peptides- people in the group share their results and they are mind-blowing