Flux Health Forum

Avacens for Fibromyalgia

Hi. I have been looking for a way to incorporate my A9 (or M1) into fibromyalgia treatment for my daughter. In the past Bob has instructed me to put it where the pain first started…but I am hesitant because it first started in the gut. Things have actually been going well for my daughter lately. Still in a lot of pain but she has pretty good function (I.e. attends school regularly, goes out with friends, etc.).

I have been doing some research and have come across the Avacens. This unit is pretty expensive. It works on the principle that it uses a heated pad to warm the palm of the hand to 41 Celsius and then a negative pressure vacuum to keep the hand vessels from constricting. The hand is enclosed in a special patented mitt and is placed inside the vacuum chamber, the microprocessor manages the application of negative pressure and heat to safely increase the temperature and volume of blood flowing through the high volume Arteriosclerosis-arterial Anostomoses (AVA’s). According to their website the application of heat without negative pressure is ineffective. I am thinking if heat can be applied and then the vessels can be kept dilated then maybe I can see an effect.

This is the second time I have seen therapies that have been directed at palmer AVA’s (Ultralaser -https://www.omicsonline.org/open-access/could-hands-be-a-new-treatment-to-fibromyalgia-a-pilot-study-2165-7025-1000393-102098.html). In this treatment they used LLLT and an ultrasound.

Is there anyone out there with fibromyalgia who has an A9/M1 and a LLLT that would fit in the hole of the coil who would be willing to experiment?
Also can anyone suggest a LLLT unit that they find helpful and will possibly fit in the coil?

I can verify that the basic physiology behind the heated pad + negative pressure to maintain vasodilation is legitimate science. It was started by Dennis Grahn at Stanford back in the early 1990’s, and I had some small level of involvement with that research when I was a graduate student (Physiology research is a small world). It turns out to be the best way to remove excess heat from the core of the body through the skin (of the hands and feet). Anyway, so the basic science is real.

The effect of LLLT would be by a different mechanism I think, but it might work. This would be good to know, so I hope someone experiments with it and reports back here.

1 Like

I typically do IR mat at night, PEMF in a.m, and Red light/laser a few times a week for Fibromyalgia. It seems to keep me going.

It makes sense that a charged cell can receive and absorb the photons better.
You could purchase a red light want relatively inexpensive (Tendlite is a trusted brand) and try to shine it through the space of coils.
…Let us know how it goes!

1 Like

I have severe fibro and tried the Avacens a while back. As I remember, they have a very accomodating trial policy and I tried it for one to 1 1/2 months straight, maybe. I found no effect. I don’t know if they still have a free trial. My own 30-year symptoms are body wide, constantly changing by the minute often, so I am looking for a systemic treatment. I don’t know if Avacens still has a free trial. I think they were “approved” by the VA so they must help some people.

1 Like

I really believe fibromyalgia is actually Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity (EHS) - the fatigue and pain can be from EMFs for people who are sensitive. My symptoms totally turned around when I got rid of wifi (or at least off at night for as long as you can at the minimum), keep my cell off, no bluetooth in the car, no wireless anything…people average 25 RF emitting devices in their homes now. I get gut symptoms, pain/bloating/diarrhea (which I never had before my EHS showed up in 2005) and the A9 takes care of that pretty quickly. Also when my ovary used to react with pain, which was getting more frequent and more severe, until I got rid of EMFs, the A9 would stop the pain within 20 minutes sometimes sooner. I HAVE to have my A9 on my when I go out in public or I suffer later. I found out by accident it counteracts EMFs by accident when I slept with it under my jaw and did not have my usual daily morning congestion, nose running, sneezing which I thought was allergies for years (this was before I turned wifi off - with it off the congestion was gone immediately for good).

I can really see how this might be working, from the perspective of physiology. Many people have asked me: does ICES-PEMF block EMI? I do not think it blocks EMI, but from a physiological viewpoint (I did my PhD work in an electrophysiology laboratory), my thinking is that ICES-PEMF provides a very strong and physiologically beneficial EMF signal. This could help “reset” the physiological threshold for electromagnetic fields so that the body begins to pay more attention to the clean EMF signals (from your body and from ICES-PEMF), and less attention to the background harmful EMI.

At first this might be hard to conceptualize, but your physiology adjusts threshold levels all the time. A common example might be sensitivity to sound. If you are in a normal or noisy environment, your sensitivity to low-level sounds will become very low. But in a quiet environment, your sensitivity to sound is heightened because your threshold for sensitivity to sound is lowered.

So, this is the paradox of EMF sensitivity: the more you try to isolate yourself from all sources of electro-magnetism, the quieter your EMF environment becomes, but the more sensitive you become to that environment. Have you ever noticed how people with EMF sensitivity need to hunt for increasingly quiet EMF spaces? This is probably due to their increasing sensitivity to EMF.

But, keep in mind, some EMFs are beneficial, and some are essential for life. I discuss this in a video:

One strategy might be to seek out stronger beneficial EMFs, rather than trying to exclude all EMFs. That would help prevent inadvertently developing an increasing level of EMF hyper-sensitivity.

My hypothesis is that by using ICES-PEMF, you are applying beneficial EMFs at a pretty high intensity compared to background, so this would raise your overall EMF sensitivity threshold, and make you progressively less sensitive to the lower-level harmful EMFs.

By this mechanism, ICES-PEMF does not “shield” or “cancel” harmful EMFs, it simply helps you to become physiologically less sensitive to them.

Just a quick clarification, I use the terms this way:
EMF = Electromagnetic Fields (all of them; beneficial and harmful)
EMI = Electromagnetic Interference (harmful electro-magnetic fields)
so
EMI is the harmful subset of all EMF

I discuss this in more detail in the video (above)

1 Like