Flux Health Forum

Autism and pemf

Does this help with autism?

Unfortunately that remains pretty much unknown. Mark Tommerdahl and I had tried once to start a study on this topic, but getting university IRB approval to test a non-FDA-approved device on children is impossible. And we don’t have much anecdotal data either.

But it does help the cells detox better, so it could help. Correct?

I do not know enough about this topic to offer an opinion. Keep in mind, I am not trying to sell PEMF, and I am not trying to assure people that PEMF will work for them. I am simply trying to tell the truth about PEMF to the best of my ability. Usually it is not helpful for me to speculate when I have no information because the rest of the PEMF world is willing to speculate about anything to push their sales. I do not do that. So when I say I don’t know, that means I honestly don’t know. But I have been studying PEMF for decades, so if someone else tells you they do know, please check their credentials carefully.

1 Like

Really appreciate your integrity.

How about trying cheap red light therapy first? Depends on how skittish the person is, I suppose, and how easy it is to get him or her to keep it in one place, or keep himself in one place.

A cheap pad won’t set you back much.

I have an M1 and also use red light.

In my view, autism is an umbrella term for a wide spectrum of brain inflammation related conditions some of which may even be caused by autoimmune encephalitis triggered by viral or bacterial pathogens. Typically both autism and autoimmune encephalitis are accompanied by dysbiotic guts and coinfections such as mycoplasma, mold poisoning, heavy metal poisoning. I have seen this first hand with friends with children with autism. I personally believe there is a genetic predisposition as well, but don’t believe genes are the primary drivers. I have found great value in lab tests to identify the underlying coinfections, addressing the coinfections, and modifying diet and lifestyle (see my other posts on clean air, clean food, and clean water).

In terms of addressing coinfections, red light/infrared light on the stomach can cause gut shifting which can exacerbate brain inflammation in compromised children. However, I have found it to be quite valuable but the key was to to start slow (30 seconds or 1 minutes before working up to 5 or 10 minutes depending on the irradiance of the device used).

I have found that ICES PEMF on the gut (again start small like 1 minute) will cause initial die off for a couple days but then yield positive effects. See my other posts on using ICES PEMF on the gut. I have also found systemic effects where using coils on for example the arm or leg (where there is no injury) lowers the symptoms inflammation much akin to what low dose or ultra low dose naltrexone can achieve. However, in both cases, finding and remove the root cause of major co-infections is critical to reducing toxic burden.

In conclusion, ICES PEMF is a great tool (but not the only tool) to consider using in very tiny amounts with those with brain inflammation.

1 Like