Flux Health Forum

Applying PEMF to head (Hair Loss, sleep, etc benefits?)

Has anyone been applying pemf to their head for hair loss? i got the hat earlier this week (thank you Bob :pray:t4:) and started using 2 days ago while sleeping. I’ve been using the hat for maybe 4-5h at a time (battery died first night likely 4h in and didn’t sleep long last night). i didn’t notice hair falling out when showering… usually it’s pretty noticeable but maybe i just didn’t pay attention - forgot to note it last 2 times… but usually don’t have to look for it to notice.

i can’t say it’s affected my sleep noticeably yet… and any other noticable things, nothing yet. after listening to @DrKaren post yesterday(?) where she shared podcast about tbi (plasmalogens) and how concussions can linger long after the incident.
i wonder if my lil concussion i had 2 yrs ago has had any impact or if I’ll notice anything using pemf regularly on my head.

Anyway, i just wanted to start this thread in case anyone has been using the hat OR even regularly using pemf for head and has had any noticeable results…

2 Likes

past few nights i have been using the hat set on 12 on the theta frequency… when i used the regular coils (1 pair only), i had a few nights where i recalled dreaming, but nothing consistent. I’m hoping this hat will give me more consistent results, but 2 nights in a row of dreaming is new to me, but will see what the week brings!

thicker head of hair and unlocking dreams (along with improved quality of sleep for enhanced healing and recovery) every night would be a nice bonus! :crossed_fingers:t4::crossed_fingers:t4::crossed_fingers:t4:

1 Like

Hey @OptimalHealth, are you clocking in a lot of deep sleep? Curious what percentage of deep and rem to total time asleep is for you given your sleep hacking :wink:

1 Like

haha… with grounding I’ve gotten good deep sleep but oddly enough, REM has never improved (ever)… low stress, deep sleep, light sleep… almost always positively impacted from grounding… and granted… to have a watch measure REM…i dunno how accurate that is anyway

but here are my limited times from using that… didn’t wear my watch Sunday darn!

my grounding mat was repaired Sunday… i think once i get some days (or nights) under my belt, I’ll have a better idea how this is all working for my sleep at least. my duration is on me bc i don’t do to sleep early enough and have to get up early for my kid’s school ha… but will resolve that soon.

for now, my only metric I’m looking at is the number of nights i actually have dreams :hushed::upside_down_face:

1 Like

Interestingly enough, when I started doing meditation (the Ziva book made it simple for me instead of making it a big deal - https://www.amazon.com/Stress-Less-Accomplish-More-Extraordinary/dp/0062747509), as the author notes, vivid dreams return at least once I started meditation. That may be one way to help them return.

1 Like

historically,i have to admit I’m terrible at making the effort to meditate… however as i get older, I’m finding myself more open to spending the time. before, it was just about quickest route to getting the job done and with grounding and pemf gadgets, getting to near Zen outcomes have been a matter of using devices :upside_down_face:… such (wonderful) crutches, i know… smh but heck… what do I have to lose by trying it out while laying there in bed waiting to fall asleep. btw, this is day 3 that I’ve had (or at least recall having) dreams :hushed: that is unusual. I’m gonna tone it down from 12 to 9 and see how theta goes. for some reason last night I had several interruptions in my sleep, but I was able to fall back asleep fairly quickly.

crappy uninterrupted sleep with equally excellent other factors haha… it will even out over time and as my body adjusts. i do suspect the coffee i had didn’t help… but what can i say… I’m a victim at times to my vices! :hushed::upside_down_face:

1 Like

i didn’t get a chance to use “thinking cap mode” today…i went straight to work and was ready to put it on if i hit my brain fog or food coma after eating breakfast.

what’s really unusual this time was that i did not experience any food coma nor even my 4-5p usual brownout brain fog that i typically have (it’s SO ANNOYING)! I’m reservedly excited, but maybe it was what i ate (or didn’t eat) the night before -no carbs or sugars. but this morning…a bowl of steel cut with mangoes shoulda triggered some kind of brain fog, but surprisingly no incident. it was a routine day except for my magneto helmet for 7h at 12 power on theta… too soon to say since it coulda been anything ha

nonetheless, I’m happy to have had a more focused and brain fog free and nap free day despite my 5-6h average duration of sleep (as reported by Garmin). that said, i do hope to increase duration to 7-8h tho!

p.s.
@Bob this is the thread i hope people can share their pemf to the head experiments… specifically using your hat, it seems like a different experience than placing 4 coils to my head. consecutive nights of dreaming is a first. they are far from vivid, but WOW i recall that i did dream, albeit fuzzy recall haha.

not bad for first few days of use!

2 Likes

Yes, this thread is developing well I think. We could try to focus the best PEMF-hat discussion here. The effects of the hat are clearly very different from the use of standard coils on the head. The magnetic field is distributed quite differently with the hat compared to the standard coils, and the biological effects are turning out to be quite different than I expected when I designed the hat.

The hat has about 60 coils, which are much smaller than the standard 40mm diameter coils. The coils in the hat are nominally 14 mm diameter, arrayed in alternating polarity on ~19 mm centers.

The resulting magnetic field was calculated to be very shallow, to stimulate only the scalp without penetrating the skull. Measurements of magnetic flux density confirmed this.

So, the hat should apply a very shallow magnetic field over a very wide area of the scalp. And when I measure the field, that is what I detect. My assumption, evidently proven to be incorrect, was that this design would limit the effects of the hat pretty much to the scalp itself, without having effects on the brain, face, jaw, neck, or elsewhere.

But the reports from many people clearly indicate observed effects at least from the shoulders and upward.

This may be because magnetic fields are difficult to work with and understand, or it may be because the effects of the magnetic field when applied this way have biological effects that are systemic. I am inclined to think that what is happening is a general reduction of intra-cranial inflammation because a lot of the surrounding tissue (scalp and extra-cranial soft tissue and skull bone) are subjected to a strong anti-inflammatory effect, and deeper tissues (intra-cranial, brain and sinuses), are entrained by regional blood flow (which is very high in the head region) or by cell-cell communication and paracrine signaling.

I think this is an excellent example of the “depth of penetration of the field” not being the primary thing to be concerned with when attempting to elicit a biological effect. In this case, surprisingly, exactly the opposite appears to be true.

3 Likes

Where did you get the hat?

1 Like

another night of dreaming… it’s weird… i wake up Knowing i dreamt about something and maybe half the time i can recall a bit of it only to forget it all 15 mins later… but only knowing i dreamt something. haha this is very different from pre hat… i can’t wait to get this hat out to my dad for his tbi stroke (over 25yrs ago) recovery!

I’m glad it’s working the way it is… at power 9 this time, I’m still having dreams.

very very happy to read that others are reporting similar “more than expected” results… I’m assuming what people are reporting is positive (?)

thank you!

i suspect that results (healing) will only continue/get better over time of use…i had noticed similar improving results over time (2.5-3mos) with grounding and anticipate the same with your hat!

1 Like

I made them for an ongoing study for hair growth. That study will be conducted over the next 4 months in Bangkok, and Madrid (mostly). I made a few extra hat inserts for people on this forum to try as well, but we sold out of those recently, so I need to make another batch of them. That will take about three weeks, maybe longer since I am very busy with a lot of major projects right now.

1 Like

wonder if this might present an opportunity for a pemf mat to be placed at center mass of body for blood flow to carry out pemf anti inflammatory signal/properties plugging into a c5 :thinking::upside_down_face:

1 Like

well, yes, I think it does suggest that might be a good thing to test.
I know at least one person is using the hat on their knee with good effects, supposedly better than when they tried the standard coils.

3 Likes

half body pad… here we come! ok, maybe a 6mo (or less :wink: right??) delay.

1 Like

This one could be pretty fast because it does not require an entirely new driver electronics and new scientific research and 100 kg of copper wire… but right now the missing ingredient is Bob’s time.

2 Likes

Swagging it here, but with the hat style coils, that would mean a c5 could cover a surface area approx 8" x 40"?

1 Like

this time range 4p-5p and 1h AFTER a carby snack, ANNNND w/lack of sleep (<6h consecutive days) has always, ALWAYS put a nice, THICK fog over me… and yessss… i know… this is only one data point that could just be a fluke, but i have yet to have placebo avoid the inevitable fog that follows the above - ESPECIALLY when all boxes are checked! i should be slumped in my chair for a good 15mins to wake up to writing how bummed I was that the ices magneto hat didn’t help any.

happy to report that despite feeling the haze creep upon me, it never took hold and i just shook it off like a pro!

had similar results w/grounding - the first 2 days i was endless energy, invincible… but after that, i reverted back to my pumpkin self who easily succumbs to the routine brownouts.

anyway… will see what the near future brings.

beta1 at power 12 was the station i was on. :slight_smile:

btw, what’s the diff among the beta1-3’s?

2 Likes

Beta 1-3 are just the way I split up the wide frequency range of typical beta waves:

Beta 1 is the lowest third of the frequency range for all of Beta
Beta 2 is the middle third of the frequency range for all of Beta
Beta 3 is then upper third of the frequency range for all of Beta

3 Likes

today was the first time i wore the cap all day took it off after about 8h of use…i didn’t sweat in it nor was it uncomfortable nor anything out of the ordinary from how i usually wear a cap… for sure the crown of my head is itchy… only noticed it about 30mins after i removed it.

have you had similar?

wonder if anyone else has similar reaction to wearing for extended periods…

today was mostly a beta day with some alpha and gamma (about 30mims with each)

1 Like

My head gets itchy after about 15 minutes of use. If I shift the hat to the left or right side to get that side part of my head, that areas gets itchy after 15 minutes. It’s more of a tingling sensation than outright itchiness. I am getting use to it. Honestly the next day effect of no longer feeling the shoulder impingement cold and dull pain is highly motivating to keep wearing it for hours each day. I think this will allow me to restart the x3bar resistance training which I look forward to doing.

1 Like