Flux Health Forum

Weird Question

I just bought a Beyond OMI and am looking for some comfort options. Would I still get the benefits if I laid on the bed and put the PEMF mat on top of me instead of laying on it?

@Maizie, I’m not familiar with that particular brand, but in principle, PEMF should work from either side, depending on what you are trying to treat with it. I have an M1 and sometimes put one coil on one side of an area to treat (like a knee or shoulder or wrists) and one on the opposite side. As long as the signal gets to the area to treat, it should work, though as suggested elsewhere on the forum, it’s best to experiment with coil placement and intensity. @Bob might be able to comment further.

Hard to say, generally this type of product is a pirate of a pirate with a technical provenance that tapers to zero when you look for its original source, they market using many unsubstantiated and non-scientific health/medical claims, they have a non-existent technical scientific or engineering staff, they use technical terms incorrectly, claim electro-magnetic performance that when measured is typically wrong by a factor of 10x to 100x, and they generally don’t know how to even measure the real electro-magnetic output of their devices, and when combined with typical shady manufacturing and quality control they certainly can’t control or guarantee any sort of basic performance for any given manufacturing batch.

I had planned to try to clean up this aspect of the PEMF industry more than a decade ago, but their products are so random from batch-to-batch that you really can’t pin down their actual performance.

So, to address your question, whether or not anyone would get benefits from a device like this is more or less a random roll of the dice, no matter how it is used. The best (and only) way to find out if it will work for you is just to try it. Most modern commercial PEMF systems work somewhat, but individual variation of both people and the PEMF systems makes this a hit-or-miss, trial-and-error type of exercise.

I know this sounds like me just being negative about a competing product, but I base this opinion on the fact that I have in the past spent a lot of time testing and measuring this type of product.

3 Likes

@Bob, thanks. There is a reason I purchased an M1 after doing all of my research initially. I haven’t been disappointed. Thanks for keeping up with all of the posts here.

2 Likes

Hi Maizie,

I have an OMI full body mat (the previous version before the Beyond was released). I had returned the “Beyond” due to endless problems with the controller. They don’t recommend laying the mat on the anterior of the body. Especially if you are treating back pain. The low intensity field works best when it is placed closest to the body. My clients have found it very helpful as have I. My sense is that despite being the sketchy pirates that they are, they purloined enough so that there are still PEMF benefits to be had : )

I must say that once I found Bob’s site and purchased an A9 I am getting much better relief when my two lumbar herniations flare up. That the A9 accomplishes this with such a small form factor is mind boggling.

1 Like