Flux Health Forum

Using ICES PEMF or Infrared Light for Skin Burns (heat)

I burned my thumb yesterday cooking and used my default device of choice to stop the pain and not get a blister - 850nm Infrared light. It worked great.

It made me think though - I wonder how ICES PEMF does for skin burns from heat (eg when cooking and touching a hot pan by accident). Curious if anyone has experiences to share for this type of an application of ICES PEMF?

1 Like

I use ICES-PEMF all the time for minor burns and for me it works great. I get burns all the time from soldering irons, industrial ovens, and other common dangers in a research lab/machine shop/electronics assembly shop. This happens to me frequently, about 2 or 3 times per month, and I get almost immediate relief. I use PEMF for cuts and bruises too.

5 Likes

I have a c5 - what setting is best to use for minor burns?

As is true for almost everything, there is no one best magical setting. For almost everyone, the best place to start is the default settings:
Omni-8
Intensity = 9

then adjust as necessary to suit your specific response to PEMF.

Sometimes I use a higher intensity setting (11 or 12) if the burn or cut seems a bit more severe than average.

The sooner you start, the better the results.

Thank you :blush: Yeah I just get a bit confused with all of the different settings but I’ll give that a go :+1:t2:

I actually discovered the simplest and most amazing trick. I am a klutz and burn myself frequently, so I did some research. Immediately putting the burn under cold (NO ICE) running water and keeping it there until all pain subsides stops the burn response. I haven’t had so much as a red mark after accidentally splashing boiling water on my hand, touching a pan right out of the oven, etc. :slight_smile:

TajD - your post is an interesting synchronicity for me. I just emailed a friend this morning about setting up a membership clinic centered on a Spectra S10 Pro Photobiomodulation clamshell-style bed that has a full-body array of Red and Infra-Red LED’s.

On another subject related to burns, I’ve been doing a deep-dive on Willard Water to create a booklet I can pass out. I’ve been using it for 30-years and wrote this a few days ago.

I have a few outstanding experiences with Willard Water and burns. A friend once preheated a cast-iron skillet in her oven to 400-degrees. She took it out and put it on the stovetop and a few seconds later she forgot to use a potholder. She lifted, then dropped it, and was in burn-shock immediately. My wife called out to the backyard where I was hanging out with her husband, asking if I had any Willard Water in the truck. I always carry it and was in the kitchen within a minute to spray it on our friend’s palm. She was trembling and her hand was turning red. Within a few sprays, she looked at me like I had landed from Mars, as her pain had almost immediately subsided. She continued spraying intermittently as they went about preparing our meal, and within a couple of hours, she didn’t find a need to spray.

A gallon of Willard Water Concentrate made a nice gift for her a few months later.

Note: always dilute the concentrate as specified on the label – one or two ounces of concentrate added to one-gallon of clean water, preferably distilled , or reverse-osmosis, or spring water.

I have applied Willard Water on other less intense burns; like the time a potato exploded and burned my sister-in-law’s hand on the web-of-skin between her middle-fingers which caught the blast of steam. I have sprayed it on friends who had severe sunburns, even blistered, to great results. The pain relief is miraculous.

Then came the day when I was rescued from a trip to the emergency room. I had a dump truck full of limestone scheduled to be delivered to my country driveway. I could hear the driver coming a mile away and when the truck arrived I hopped-up on the passenger side to talk. Three-inches of my bare forearm, just below the elbow, was accidently pressed against the truck’s exhaust stack. I heard my skin sizzle and got that strange metallic taste in my mouth. This was at least an 800-degree burn, given the range is from 570 to 1110 degrees on exhaust stacks. I grabbed a spray-bottle of Willard Water from my garden-shed and had to spray the burn every 30 seconds to keep the pain at bay. He got the load dumped and I ran to the house to submerge the burn in a shallow-pan full of Willard Water. What a relief it was. I kept it submerged for two hours before taking it out to see how it felt. It was really good, but I could feel pain coming back after awhile so I did a couple more 2-hour submersions, with longer breaks in-between them. I slept just fine with a soaked cloth on the wound and did another extended submersion in the morning and one in the afternoon. I did a few shorter ones over two or three days just for good measure and the results really showed themselves in zero pain, no blister, and a lack of scarring. All I had a couple of weeks later was a thin patch of dried skin on top that flaked-off over a few days, with pink new skin underneath.

Doc Willard called this action “Healing by First Intention.” He hypothesized that the catalyst altered-water penetrated and coated the nerves, which then did not transmit the pain signal to the brain and therefore blocked the inflammatory responses that result from a burn. It allowed the body to lay-down one-layer of cells at a time, until the healing was complete, with no scar-tissue. In essence, short-circuiting a normal response, which in my case would have put me in an emergency room. Why this is not more well-known is a mystery to me.

You can watch a 60-Minutes program from 1980 where Harry Reasoner visits Doc Willard in South Dakota to find out why his discovery was creating such a hubbub in the Midwest, among farmers, ranchers, doctors and others. It’s available on YouTube. Just search over there for “60 Minutes and Willard Water.” The eye-opener is a before and after view of Chauncey Taylor’s inner-thighs. He had a welding accident that melted his polyester coveralls to them. He soaked in a bathtub with Willard Water, peeled the polyester off, drove himself to his doctor 50-miles away (probably spraying it as he drove), and his doctor later testified before a Congressional Sub-Committee that investigated Doc Willard’s discovery.

Now, off to ponder Bob’s reply and how ICES-PEMF relates to the action of Catalyst Altered Water, as well as your experience with 850nm infrared light. Thanks!!

1 Like

This is also the first thing I do when I get a burn, and it works extremely well for me too, for minor burns. More serious burns: cold water (as above) followed by ICES-PEMF

1 Like