Flux Health Forum

Tinnitus cures with PEMF?

Has anyone had any good results using this therapy to cure or alleviate tinnitus. If so, what settings were used, how often etc.

Modern Western medicine describes about 7,000 different disease and injury conditions. Traditional Hindu medicine describes closer to 11,000.

Of all of these possible known human diseases and injuries, the only one for which we consistently see a negative effect of PEMF is tinnitus. So, I would advise against using ICES-PEMF for tinnitus.

1 Like

I just read an article on The Epoch Times about using Infra-Red for Tinnitus. I am not sure if links are allowed here or if you’ll be abke to open the link below. If not you’ll be able to find other links about IR online

1 Like

Sure, helpful links are fine. Links from sock-puppet marketer trolls get deleted, and the trolls get banned.

Since we are on the topic of links, another treatment for tinnitus that shows potential is a multi-sensory stimulus approach:

Finally, another fruitful approach to tinnitus results as a side effect of the use of hearing restoration by modern, high-performance hearing aids. Expert colleagues of mine tell me that the restoration of hearing provided by this new generation of hearing aids is sufficient to “fill the void space” in the auditory environment as it is experienced by the brain, so the brain does not respond by filling the acoustic void spaces by adding sounds that are not really there. They tell me that tinnitus virtually disappears for many people when they are using these hearing aids.

3 Likes

I know of an acquaintance who does volunteer work with YSD, a Chinese nonprofit group that runs their own form of alternative therapy (offshoot of TCM) and have centers all over the world including several in the States (San Francisco, San Jose, LA, NY, NJ, and Atlanta). YSD (acronym for the Chinese name “yuanshidian” or “origin point medicine” in English) offers free workshops on their therapy and includes free treatments in the therapy.

Several years ago, the woman concerned was in a horrible car accident with trauma to the head leading to a severe case of tinnitus. She said coming in contact with anything electrically powered on would trigger her tinnitus: electric blankets, toasters, even computers. YSD has been treating her for 2 years, using heat therapy: drinking lots of concentrated ginger “soup” to warm her internally, heat therapy to warm trigger points on her head externally, in addition to a type of massage on the trigger “pain” points on her head.

After two years, she says the tinnitus is almost entirely gone. An interesting side effect to this therapy: she had a head of salt and pepper hair which turned almost completely black (her original hair colour) after a year.

Don’t know if this information would be helpful or not.

1 Like

I appreciate your advice on this. No one deserves to have their tinnitus get worse. This is a subject that I care very much about, having suffered from a mild case for some 35 years now. I poked around on the internet for a few minutes and there is some evidence that PEMF could be helpful. I’m not sure if I’m brave enough to try it, but in case it’s helpful for anyone, here are the links: