Flux Health Forum

Thoughts on PEMF Manufacturers

John,

I don’t need him to quote PubMed. He just makes statements without saying where the things are coming from and that is what is hard for me to get my mind around.

People can reverse diseases remarkably just using PEMF or eating broccoli sprouts, but most people who do the talks present the science in a different way.

If I see any of his earlier videos, if he gives proof of his concepts and the path of how he came to the conclusions, that would be interesting to me.

Other people teach the circuit breaker thing, but not one of them tells where they actually got the theory and none of them quote each other.

There has to be a source of where the teachings come from and that is what I would like to see so I can study it and look to see what the skeptics say and what the science says, etc.

I understand. If you are just seeing his info from now it must be frustrating. If I hadn’t followed his work for some years now, read all his books and watched every video as well as trained with him, I would not have looked twice at the information.

And if ANYONE else had charged me what i was charged recently to walk into his office and then do what he done, I probably would have punched them in the face and demanded my money back. BUT i know how he got to doing what he does and actually felt some differences. So I will let everyone know how the Uveitis goes.

John,

I am not the punching anyone in the face type. I am open to concepts. Usually, there is a historical building of information. For instance, Bob’s device has the NASA history and there were things in Russia and he gives those as part of his informational process, so I can go back and look things up.

There are people who are peddling things who pretend to have worked with NASA, so I had to look Bob up himself, before I bought his product, but I could find legitimate information.

The internet is so filled with snake oil salesmen that I do have a need to understand things at a deeper level.

I do look at things from all sides though. I will look up the man and look up what the skeptics say about him and will compare it to what other scientists are saying and doing.

You have a condition involving inflammation and I have so many different ways scientists and doctors bring down inflammation. If you do his process and that works, I would be interested in hearing.

Does Uveitis go away on its own after a certain length of time or is it a chronic condition?

Okay, this is more how I understand emotions:

https://explorable.com/biology-of-emotion

It says that I am allowed to copy and paste if I post the link.

According to researchers, the sensory information that emerges from events that trigger emotions is transmitted to the thalamus, the relay center of the brain. From the thalamus, the information is transferred to two brain structures: the amygdala and the brain cortex. The role of amygdala is to promptly process the sensory information and transmit signals to the hypothalamus afterwards. In turn, the hypothalamus releases hormones that activate the Autonomic Nervous System or ANS. The other pathway, the brain cortex, slowly processes the sensory information from the thalamus. Simply put, the amygdala is responsible for a person’s instantaneous response to an emotion-evoking event, without even thinking about how to respond.

If I am understanding him properly, the emotion is an electromagnetic wave and it stays there and causes diseases. The tuning fork lady and a few other people say the same thing.

The tuning fork lady says the tuning fork changes tone when it hits an emotion.

The emotion part is one that I don’t understand how she thinks it is an emotion versus something physical or electromagnetical apart from emotion, etc.

I too have had to delve deep into the background of companies as when I was first looking into PEMF it all seemed like a huge mess. I have many devices from many manufacturers and its led to a new business for me in the world of ‘Health Tech’. There have been some terrible manufacturers and even after doing research and flying to the US to personally meet one of them i still ended up paying too much for a machine that is not reliable and the company owner has zero manners, customer service skills or technical support… still, we live and we learn.

It is a chronic issue and i have a genetic marker (HLA b27 positive) which is associated with the condition, therefore the mainstream put me in a box and tell me its “genetic” and all they can do is suppress with steroids. unfortunately i get side affects from the steroid drops which is secondary glaucoma. That said im very greatful we have these medications.

I am a qualified nutritionist and herbalist and know many of the foods / herbs /supplements that reduce inflammation but once it starts i have no time to see if anything works not even PEMF.

I think the world of peptides is very interesting and will boom in the near future and i know people getting amazing results with them so thats quite an exciting area to watch

I looked at peptides a few years back. That does look interesting.

I agree about the world of PEMF and it is the same for every health concept - both medical model and alternative.

Bob has talked about how bad even the scientific studies are.

That is fabulous that you are a nutritionalist and an herbalist. That might be what I would have gone into if I had known how useful it would be.

Boy, I have fallen in love with some of the foods. Things like Broccoli Sprouts and Kale and Blueberries and Turmeric and Ginger and Mushrooms and Onions and Garlic are like superheroes to me now because they have helped me so much.

I probably had a notion of some foods are healthier when I was young, but now I have concepts like a few tablespoons of broccoli sprouts per day can reverse aberrant behaviors in autistic people and can help my cousin with COPD and my friend’s daughter with asthma and that I can eat blueberries and double my Natural Killer Cells.

If they had taught useful concepts with food when I was younger, I genuinely might have gone into the health field.

It is harder to learn at my age, particularly with my brain problems and not having a real science background.

I find that I want everything to be highly useful.

Even with food, I find that I am eating the foods which do something…

Today, my coworker was listening to WNPR and they were talking about why Robin Williams might have killed himself and they said that he might have had the advanced form of Parkinson’s like the people in the clinic have, which they are using the ICES for. They said that he might have been having hallucinations and paranoia and other symptoms and those are some of the things I had, particularly when I was out of my mind. He had all that money but he didn’t have hope. I have nutrition as The Avengers. And PEMF I guess would be Captain Marvel. I probably should have a male superhero, but Captain Marvel’s power is something like energy projection so that fits. He might have started having the brain problems I was having and he killed himself and I searched the internet left and right and found things to help.

1 Like

From your experience which pemf has had success with copd/asthma please?

I do not know. I really do not study anything in that area, and I have not heard anything reliable.

What is the spark gap machine?

Also, what do you consider “low power” PEMF?

“Spark Gap” is an extremely primitive 19th century technology, that was in general use about 120 years ago, before the advent of transistors or even vacuum tubes, to generate pulses of high voltage energy. It is exactly what it sounds like: an air gap that breaks down when a voltage climbs to a high enough level. This generates the dirtiest possible EMF/RFI. It is funny and sad to see PEMF devices advertised with “SPARK GAP TECHNOLOGY!!!” It is like advertising a washing machine with “Manual roller wringer technology!!!”

Spark gaps are not precise or stable: humidity in the air will change the frequency of the pulses for example. This is an excellent example of the marketing fraud and ignorance that is widespread in the PEMF market.

I would consider “Low Power PEMF” to be exactly what is expressed in that phrase:
“Low power”

Low voltage, generally below 100 volts (ICES-PEMF operates below 40 Volts)
Low Current (Amperage), generally below 1 Amp
Typical high-power PEMF systems draw many amps, often more than 10 Amps. ICES-PEMF draws less than 0.3 Amps, but typically less than 0.05 Amps

You can also look at the power output:
Typical crude high-power PEMF is 100 watts or more
ICES-PEMF emits at most about 0.1 to 0.3 Watts RMS energy, less than a typical cell phone.

6 Likes

I believe that Pulse Centers uses spark gap technology. Is there any reason why this technology would work especially well for somebody? I seem to have a greater effect with their instrument despite the dirty electricity. Why would this be, I wonder?

Probably because you can “feel it”. This is because it will increase the psychological effect of any treatment. You feel it because there is a huge amount of excess energy being dissipated in tissues.

This may be a good thing, sort of like a very hot sauna or a brutal massage. Many people benefit from it if it is used properly.

But this is not an advanced or clean technology. It is very crude and very dirty in terms of EMF. Companies use this because it is very cheap and easy to build, and allows very powerful systems to be made using crude and inexpensive components.

I am not saying it does not work. But it is not high-tech.

My opinion: PEMF has been remarkably safe for decades, but the demand for increasing power is somewhat alarming to me. If PEMF ever does cause harm to people, this will be the type of technology that does it.

5 Likes

spark gap also seems to have built-in the variable frequency without all the high tech programming and circuitry needed to be built into the high tech models to avoid habituation haha! :astonished:

1 Like

yes, sometimes crude things actually work best for living systems. After all, we evolved in an analog world with variable stimuli and random events. That’s what we respond to. Ultra-precise, monotonic, invariant signals (precise frequencies), contain no information, so they are ignored by biological systems if possible (unless the monotonic signal is so powerful that it does harm).

4 Likes

I had the Sota for over 3 yrs & have never felt it healed anything, in fact I questioned maybe it was the electricity because ya have to plug it in, not like micro-pulse with just batteries which I trust more than the electricity route especially after Smart Meters now involved…I so wanted it to work, but can only say that time after time of using it over & over, it never helped, & actually I feel only made things worse. However, On flipside, I have used the A-9 micro pulse over a year & although I have to use it almost full-time to get relief & results, I know I can solidly rely on it to definately help & heal what ails me. A few months ago I fell & broke 2 ribs & the Ices unit solely helped me get thru it without any pain meds!!! I used the 4 coil appliction & kept it on/attached round the clock…It may take longer for a smaller unit to work, but it will definately give results, is affordable, can use at home & it’s worth the wait when you know it will work.

1 Like

A few years ago, I was asked by a friend to look at the S-pulser in technical detail. In my technical opinion, it is not anything more than a coil powered by a sinusoidal electrical line connection. Basically, it works more or less like an inefficient heating pad. It does produce electro-magnetic fields, but they are a crude wave, and that has been shown time and again by scientific experiment to have no detectable biological benefit (but the noise could still cause biological problems). My opinion: it should cost no more than $9 or $10, like a small, cheap heating pad. And you should not expect much in terms of electromagnetic biological effects.

As for dealing with acute injuries, I have had several lately (moderate injuries in a wood shop… yes quite unpleasant), but I used my M1 with stacked coils and was very pleased to experience, again, that relatively minor wounds like this will usually have a reduction of pain and swelling within about 5 to 10 minutes. And in my experience (I get a lot of small injuries all the time) the healing rate has been very rapid. I did not consider this application when I was developing the initial ICES-PEMF technology, but knowing that I can get med-free pain relief and accelerated healing from this application sure does improve the quality of my life. I am basically less afraid of the inevitable bumps and bruises of the daily life of an inventor/builder.

3 Likes

Thanks, Bob.

So basically, spark gap is what you see in the Frankenstein’s lab contraption?

Do the majority of PEMF machine brands today use spark gap? Is so, why, if the technology is so primitive?

I know Curatron came out with their “Flash” solid state machines…

Yes, basically a spark gap can be as simple as two screws, sharpened to a point, facing each other. By adjusting the screws, you can adjust the gap, which adjusts the voltage at which you get a spark. This is a really old technology. This is what Marconi used a century ago to produce radio waves.

I do not know if the “majority” of PEMF machines use this technology, but many of them do, and often they sell this to you for $5,000 ++ as if it were a new technology. It is not. It is old, dirty (RFI) electro-magnetic technology.

Leaping forward to much cleaner and far more efficient and accurate solid-state technology is a bit behind the 8-ball… by about 5 decades. But I suppose it is an advance for a field dominated by fraud and price gouging.

Think of it this way: how advanced can their PEMF biological science be if they are using electronics that is a century out of date? To me, the use of a spark gap is a clear indication that they are putting the minimum amount of thought and work into their products. Most PEMF marketers make and sell PEMF because the profit margins have been huge: a very small investment can yield big profits.

Once again, I am not saying it does not work. I am simply saying that it is crude, cheap, dangerous, and vastly over-priced.

2 Likes