Flux Health Forum

Thoughts on Pain and Inflammation

Hi
I have Gout, diagnosed clinically, since my serum Uric Acid is in the normal range. As long as I take Allopurinol 300mg daily, I have very little trouble.
However I am forgetful taking my meds and on a few occasions have found myself unable to walk or even stand because of severe throbbing pain in the forefoot or big toe, with no anti-inflammatories or other analgesics available. I have the ICES A9 system and I just put the two rings into my sock one above and the other below the painful site and slept through the night with the setting on either medium or high.
On each occasion the pain was not completely relieved but was sufficiently improved for me to get walking and
to go about my business.

4 Likes

I have tried several different frequencies over the last 4 months and am currently using Schumann 4. This frequency seems to alleviate more of my pain in my hip and causes a noticeable muscle relaxation throughout the body, without making me feel sleepy like other frequencies have. I am planning to do some change up but go back to Schumann 4 on a regular basis.

Can you provide the name of a book on the Schumann resonance? Thank you

So far as I know, there is no book on Schumann resonance as it relates to biology. It is just a geophysical phenomenon related to the earth’s ionosphere and the global rate of lightning discharges. At ground level, it is a very difficult phenomenon to detect, and so far as I know, it has never been demonstrated to have special biological resonance.

However, the frequencies approximately in the range of Schumann resonance seem to be in the right range, approximately, to have biological effects from PEMF. But it is important to realize that most other frequencies in that range also have very similar beneficial biological effects.

For example, the Omni-8 pulse pattern is specifically designed to be offset and different from Schumann frequencies and harmonics, and yet most people find Omni-8 to be most effective, most of the time, for most applications (but only by a few percent, not a dramatic difference).

This is not to say that Schumann frequencies “do not work”. They in fact do seem to work pretty well (as do many other frequencies), but probably not for the reasons claimed by many PEMF marketers.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I have tried the Omni 8, Omni 8 with rest, c5b5, a9 and they all put me to sleep and I had a slight lessening of pain. You had mentioned Schumann and I just tried it. I like that it relaxes my muscles, doesn’t put me to sleep and a lot less pain. I have the power level on 14. I get from this forum that everything is individually based and maybe even what works today may not work tomorrow. I’ll keep trying other frequencies and for now keep the Schumann as my mainstay. This is all so interesting!

1 Like

That is a good plan. And yes, different people sometimes respond very differently.

Omni 8, Omni 8 with rest, C5B5, and A9 al include higher frequency bursts. Many people find these helpful, but some people do not.

Schumann 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 do not include high frequency bursts. This might be the reason you respond well to Schumann and not the others. If this is the case, then you should respond well to other similar frequency ranges, such as Alpha Wave, or maybe even Beta 1 and 2.

makes me wonder as we learn more about pemf if there are people who are different pemf types just like there are different blood types…

have you noticed the to be generally true that some respond better to Schumann group vs Omni group and their related frequencies? :thinking:

2 Likes

I have not noticed any patterns which correlate PEMF responsiveness to different attributes of individuals. It may be due to different diet, genetics, environmental factors, or just plain human variability. But people clearly respond differently.

The interesting thing is that for a single person, they can respond quite differently based on the type and location of an injury. So, the differences may be more due to the details of the injury itself than due to the details of the genetics or lifestyle of the person.

1 Like

I recently purchased the c5 after using the m1 for several months. I recently was told that I probably have a tight psoas muscle and am doing some super gentle releases to train the brain to release the muscle. It sounds a little weird but is actually helping. Since I mentioned muscle relaxation in my post I realized that a muscle release which is on my left side has been occurring throughout my pemf usage, which leads to a question about something I was told, “. . . Pemf will go to the problem area . . . “. What do you think of that statement? I was using pemf for arthritis hip pain and muscle relaxing always happened.

Well, I actually think there may be some important truth in that statement. I think there are good theoretical reasons why this might be true because I calculate that the inductive energy transfer would be greatest in tissue with the greatest amount of physical disruption of the ECM. I’m doing experiments right not to demonstrate this effect if it is real.