Flux Health Forum

Thoughts on Eye Conditions

From Bob Dennis, owner of Micro-Pulse; I have a financial interest in the sale of PEMF devices, so please take that potential bias into account when considering my statements

This is a very interesting category. First, I profess very limited knowledge about it based on my scientific training or research. But I have heard many credible and remarkable stories about the excellent effects of PEMF on conditions of the eye. Many PEMF users have told me about their remarkable recovery from very serious and usually otherwise untreatable conditions. One PEMF expert that I know, who is also a medical doctor, has confided in me that he believes that PEMF can be of significant benefit to nearly all conditions of the eye.

Many of the conditions people have suffered with, and their stories of success, are sometimes beyond belief. I feel like I should just remain quiet and allow people to describe this for the general benefit. I really encourage everyone with experience with PEMF and their use on the eye to share their experiences. When we start to see clear patterns, we should try to formulate a scientific study for this very important topic. This would be one way to end a lot of needless human suffering.

HOW TO HELP:

What we are looking for is as much information as you can share about your condition, how you used PEMF, and the results you observed. You can upload photos and documents as well as your text. The more detail you include, the better. You can come back later, edit your text to add more details, upload images, documents and test results, add helpful links, etc. Also, don’t forget to ask questions, because this will help people to share their observations and experiences that they may have forgotten to mention.

Share what worked and how you did it, but negative results are just as important as positive results!!! If you tried something that did not work well, this experience would help other people too. People respond very differently and have different levels of sensitivity, so something may work well for others, but not for you. What we need is a lot of different observations from many different people so that we can begin to see larger patterns and formulate general guidelines about what is likely to be helpful, what is likely to be wrong, which options should be explored, and which options can be avoided.

1 Like

Hey Bob, so I was just told I have corneal nerve pain. So I used my trusty M1 on level 2 P2 protocol and the nerve pain went down 50% but caused a bit of a headache for a sometime. Otherwise I would be happy to track my results with my doctor.

Bill Pawluk pointed out to me that in his clinical experience, for this type of application, that the headaches are generally minor and tend to go away within a day or two. We also saw that in the mTBI study: about half of the people had headaches that were minor but they tended to reduce to zero within about 2 or 3 days (we were using much higher intensity for that study).

I would be very interested to hear if you decide to continue with it and track results with your doctor.

I wonder if what’s going on here is related to some tissue remodeling that is taking place as part of the healing process. This might actually result in some short term inflammation near the eyes. This might be related to the headaches I was experiencing when using the M1 to treat floaters by placing the leads in various locations on my head. I thought the headaches were related to eye strain from the floaters. It was also my observation that further use of the PEMF on the following day relieved the headaches. I’ll have to pay more attention to how these things sequence going forward.

My thinking on the matter was somewhat different: PEMF causes initially relatively large reduction in inflammation/swelling, which then result in temporary pain/discomfort because of the change of pressure in the cranium, eye sockets, sinuses. It just takes a day or two for the body to adjust to this change in internal pressure.

I think you’re probably right that it has nothing to do with inflammation as a result of tissue remodeling. Perhaps, the improved blood circulation as the inflammation decreases results in the removal of damaged and unhealthy tissue and cellular waste while at the same time generating the growth of healthy new cells. All of which might contribute to changes in local pressure in the interstitium.

For some people it does seem to bear a similarity to the sinus pressure pain you can get from going up an express elevator or in a non-pressurized aircraft. Reduced external pressure can make sinus pressure feel pretty uncomfortable for a while until you re-adjust.

i have definitely felt some kind of pressure behind the eye working with ices over a longer period of time. i have settled at level 3 for power intensity to sleep on Omni 8 for about 2-3 hours without incident. still experimenting…

I have factored in the work of Dr. George Roth and the Matrix Repatterning theory that I both read about and had done during the lockdowns by an experienced practitioner. Approaching many injuries akin to the human body being like an empty water bottle that absorbs and retains the shape of injury until it’s put back to normal—I’ve seen great progress and permanent restoration for some injuries just finding little knots in other places and applying micro pulse and gentle pressure and then stuff “shifts” and the swelling/pressure not related to internal swelling ceases.

When opinions in a community differ wildly, I tend to fall back to my training in Chinese medicine to get some perspective. By community, I am referring to the wider world of PEMF users not just those here in the flux forums. From the perspective of acupuncture theory, it makes sense that the level of intensity should be adjusted based upon the areas being treated and the condition of the person receiving the treatment. In classical approaches to acupuncture, lighter or less intense stimulation was generally recommended when supplementing deficiency, while more intense treatment sessions would be advised for draining the accumulation of excess pathogenic factors.

When my floaters flared up, I went to see a classically trained acupuncturist has been in practice for over 40 years. The “TCM” version of my Chinese medical diagnosis was liver blood deficiency with gallbladder/triple burner deficiency. In my own experiments with Micro-pulse and other PEMF devices, I’ve been trying to find the sweet spot between supplementation and drainage. I think that I have experienced the headaches when I have been too aggressive in my self treatment. This would seem to correspond with @OptimalHealth’s experience of mitigating that side effect by using a lower intensity setting. I believe this also lend some credence to @Bob’s speculation on the sudden pressure changes being a major factor in the response to the treatment. I think the crux of this is the suddenness and intensity of the change, which is something that can be attenuated with a device that allows fairly granular control over intensity.

I also wanted to note that the concept of changes in pressure as a result of PEMF treatment is very conceptually similar to my own sense of how acupuncture works. In fact, I think it is the literal reason why distal points on a channel can relieve far away symptoms.

As an aside, from the Chinese medicine perspective, it just can’t possibly be true that laying on a 7000 gauss full body mat for 45 minutes a day 24/7/365 is a good thing for everyone. My experience in clinical practice during the 13 years I was doing that is that the vast majority of people I saw had significant deficiency as well as significant excess, and it was a tricky balancing act to unravel the disease mechanisms. I know that a lot of the practitioners to advocate most strongly for very aggressive forms of PEMF focus primarily on sports and orthopedic medicine in their practices. From the Chinese medicine perspective, a healthy athlete in the prime of their life who has been injured or overtaxed is the sort of patient who is the most amenable to aggressive forms of treatment. It would be a mistake to extrapolate the experience of the thermographic to the treatment of Chronic disease, especially the chronic diseases related to the aging process.

1 Like

I broadly agree with this. It makes sense to me.

1 Like