Flux Health Forum

Taping together side by side coils

Hello, which tape do you use to hold together the “Deep Field Coils for Model C5” on the “products” tab at the site? I ask because I want to arrange a similar outcome for my P9 (or M1) using the 2 coils (and not 4) so that I can have them set in a “mold” of side-by-side. I would get a separate set of coils for when I want to use them separated (in 2 different spots) but would like the side-by-side mold since I often want to place it along the front center of my chest (CV-17 & 18) and hope to prevent them from wiggling or traveling (as much as possible) once placed. Is a special tape used? Is anything else used underneath the tape to hold it together side by side? Can I make a special order for this with the site? Or can you make a smaller 2 x 2 array currently at the site (but for 2 coils instead of 4) for the M1 (and P9)? Thank you!

1 Like

some people have used masking tape, painters tape, scotch tape…i personally have found this sports tape material the best in that it’s durable, doesn’t leave much of a sticky residue, comfortable, and very practical bc it stretches…

i don’t use this particular brand… the one i got i got from the site on my first purchase and still have enough to use when needed

this is the type I’m talking about:
CKeep Kinesiology Tape (2 Rolls), Original Cotton Elastic Premium Athletic Tape,33 ft 40 Precut Strips in Total,Hypoallergenic and Waterproof K Tape for Muscle Pain Relief and Joint Support https://a.co/d/7BvYF0B

3 Likes

Thanks but is the fact that it stretches really good? Will the coil hold in place?

1 Like

i stretched it for a tight tape and have been very happy with it. don’t be afraid to experiment. you may find a different tape better to your liking. i liked that stretching it to hold the coils together ensured a tight fit where the coils wouldn’t easily slip apart over time of use

2 Likes

I prefer “kinesiology tape”, 2 inch wide. Any standard cloth medical tape works well too.

2 Likes

@Avi that’s what it’s called and that’s what i got from my initial micro pulse purchase

2 Likes

I use this, and this is what we use to wrap together deep field coils, for example:

https://www.amazon.com/Therapists-Choice®-Kinesiology-Tape-Beige/dp/B008DKE28U/ref=sr_1_10?crid=1QGEKCPZ03SFN&keywords=kinesiology+tape+roll&qid=1697644558&sprefix=kinesiol%2Caps%2C80&sr=8-10

1 Like