Flux Health Forum

Stimulate bone growth?

Interesting! Thanks for sharing your observation Bob.

Iā€™m attempting to alter configuration daily between stacking C5 or A9a coils, or side by side (not longitudinally), or opposite sides of arm (medial and lateral ends), all near the fracture site. Opposite sides is tricky to keep in place, so use a short Ace-type bandage, and slip the coils from above. Hope thatā€™s reasonable.

Certainly. You can also try skin tape to tape the coils in place and you can also tape the A9 in place as well. This is what I did for my rotator cuff injury.
https://www.amazon.com/3M-30707387065950-Transpore-Surgical-Clear/dp/B0771MF579/

Just to update on my spouseā€™s healing of upper arm bone fracture. Itā€™s 11 weeks since the injury, and he is doing amazingly well. We are again hiking long trails in the mountains, and he is able to wear a decent weight day pack. No backpacking planned this season! Several healing modalities were in play, so hard to know relative impact of ICES vs other interventions. However we started using the C5 very early on, and most nights (was easier to manage at night), and then we attached A9a coils to his shirt sleeve for a time (coils in a sock and fastened in place with safety pins). Bone healing was apparent on X-ray, at first followup with orthopedist. He gradually stopped using the ICES. Other intervention included intensive meditation practice, physical therapy, and acupuncture (stopped that while ago too).
We took daily walks in local woods, early on as well. I am convinced the ICES was very supportive of healing, and so grateful to have this in our ā€œtoolboxā€.

1 Like

That is excellent, thanks. I am very happy to hear that his recovery has been so good.
I think the important thing is that the combination of things he was doing worked together to help him recover. Each by itself would be beneficial for sure, but we also have consistent feedback from clinicians that PEMF is very helpful when used in combination with almost anything else. Many clinicians tell me that use of PEMF ā€œjust makes everything else work betterā€. So, I am thinking your spouse was benefiting from synergistic effects.