Flux Health Forum

Spondyloarthropathy

Hi there,

I suffer from Ankolysing Spondylitis / Spondyloarthropathy, a condition distinct from arthritis, as it has no rheumatoid factors, and does not respond to DMARD. It is characterized by an inflammation of the connective tissue of the spine, which leads to calcification and eventual rigidity, as well as increased osteoporosis-like weakening of bones. Anti inflammatories can help reduce the immune system activity, but does not stop progression of calcification and bone degeneration.

I point this out, as spondyloarthropathy (which also includes psoriasis), is often confused as a rheumatoid arthritic condition, which it is not.

Along with spinal issues and inflmmation, often comes IBD with Crohns-like lesions, although not necessarily full crohns. The disease is triggered by the LPS of Klebsiella bacteria, which causes the immune system to confuse the LPS with the connective tissue in your spine. A 100% starch free diet puts you in complete remission, and healing involves getting the barrier integrity of your gut to heal.

Perhaps the most painfull part of the disease, is the massive muscle contraction during flares, that pulls the spine and joints out of alignment, and leads to a stooped posture. Sneezing becomes excruciatingly painfull, and is often followed by a yelp.

After all that, my questions are: Has anybody been successfull in:

• reducing whole body wide inflammation using the C5?
  • Been able to induce inflammation of connective tissue specifically?
  • Been able to induce healing of connective tissue, and possibly decalcification?
  • Been successful in healing the gut and decrease intestinal permeability?

I’m interested in any experience of:

• Placement of coils (night/day)
  • Securing coils during daytime activity
  • Program
  • Intensity
  • Length of time

So far, I have not been able to use the device on my spine, as it seems to cause more muscke contraction and increased pain around the joint being treated, using side by side placement of the coils on opposite sides of the spine, and using the omni 8, and schuman 4 programs.

As for the gut, I have had some tolerance of placing 4 stacked coils in square configuration just below the belly button, but not at strength more than 6. Can’t say it had really helped healing all that much, though. Have also experimented with using this configuration over night, but, again, not had much success in healing.

Has anybody out there had success in healing crohns or Spondyloarthropathy gut issues, using C5? If so, what configuration / program / strength / placement / length of time did you use?

Thank you for reading this long post. I hope someone has had some experience in dealing with these or related issues, and can help.

I will continue to post here about my experiments and share my negative and positive results.

H

How is your thyroid? I just heard Ray Peat talking about the same type of issue being resolved with balanced hormones, specifically thyroid.

Hi there, I used ICES C5 over time for inflammation in my spinal cord caused by a botched epidural. I was using it before I had a clear diagnosis. I did find I could over do it and stimulate the nerves a bit much. I did find it useful though. I have recently found the delta wave program v helpful.
Coil placement was generally at the site of injury and sometimes where I was experiencing referred pain. I found I needed to use it at a lower intensity, 7 or 8, and for overnight to get best results.
However, when at my worst for CNS inflammation I found HBOT at 2ATA or more the only thing that was guaranteed to reduce the inflammation within two weeks. Daily sessions in a hard chamber worked for me and still works. I got alot of digestive issues with my symptoms too and this also really helps calm these down so I can eat normally again. It’s an expensive treatment but might be worth looking at. I didn’t get the same benefit from a soft chambet at 1.5ATA over a few months. People said mild hyperbaric would over time be as effective as the treatments in a hard chamber but there was no comparison in the results.

have you ever considered ewot? check videos from liveo2.com to see what that is, but I’ve been looking forward to getting that system one day for me o2 therapy👍🏽

i have heard it’s not effective than hbot… the catch is you have to exercise… but that’s a good thing and it doesn’t have to be overly extrenuous

1 Like