Flux Health Forum

Sleeping with the C5

What strategies have folks been using to get treatment with the C5 when they sleep? What I mean is how do you arrange the C5 relative to your body in bed if you have it plugged into the wall? Are you able to move around during your sleep and not disconnect any of the wires?

@Bob

I have the same question as @fastglycolytic. I have a C5 and an A9, occasionally (like 20-30%) of the time when I sleep with the unit on, that when I wake up 1 or more of the coil connections have come unplugged. This has occurred with just the regular coils, and also the pad (with the 4 2x2 coils). I know that this could potentially damage the system. Any suggestions on this topic? Thanks!

I deal with this by using elastic bands, looped around the coil at the strain cable plug strain reliefs then wrapped around the unit, to pull them into the C5, A9, or M1 unit. This keeps them plugged in for me.

1 Like

Seems like the 4 bands (on a C5 w/ Pad) would likely interfere with access to the controls during the night when groggy (or not). Man I need a 3D Printer :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Something like this loom would work, with a band keeping it drawn toward the C5. Just need to get the diameters right between the loom & the audio connectorsIMG_20240524_172558

I position the C5/B5 at the side. The cables of the Pad or other configurations are hold together by shrink tubing. I never hat problems with loose connectors, since all cables are a unit and the shrink tubing works as overload relief for each other. I put pictures here: 2x2 Deep-Field pad & 2x8 pad

Something like that would work great, but still need to pull it towards the C5 (to maintain insertion pressure on all 4 audio plugs). This could be 3-D printed, or machined.

Yep, I’m researching a 3D printer. Any input on that would be appreciated. I figure 1 or 2 rubber bands to keep pressure applied.

I just picked up a Bambu Labs A1 mini for $199. Dipping my toe into the 3D printing space. I will play around with a loom design when I get home from the job I am currently on.