Flux Health Forum

Singing - tired/overused vocal folds

Hi, I am an opera singer and sometimes overuse my voice. Any idea if this helps for singing and where and how should I place the coils. I am thinking of getting the M1 so I can bring it with me to the theatres and to auditions.

Thank you!

no one has reported trying this probably bc no one uses their voice in that way regularly haha

i think sleeping with that the day after would help recovery faster than without. it would be interesting to see how lasting the effects if you were to try in between events in a day. i would guess within too short a period for recovery time, what benefit might be short lived. but hey, everyone is different and ymmv

1 Like

@Bob’s invention definitely reduces inflammation and helps the body repair itself to the extent that it can. If this was my line of work / passion, I would not hesitate to try an A9 or M1 and in parallel red/infrared light therapy.

1 Like

Thank you for your replies. I look forward to trying it out!

Any idea how to make sure the coil sticks to the throat area? Do i put both the coils just on top and over my vocal cords, and perhaps use a tape to have it stay in place while i sleep?

Thanks !

What I imagine trying is first using self adhesive bandage to keep two coils side by side (be sure to have both sides bumpy up and flat side down). Then I picture trying using medical tape (like 3M micropore skin medical tape) to keep these side by side coils affixed vertically along side the the front of the neck or across the vocal chord itself taking special care to not wrap or tape anything around my neck. Please promise to report back your findings. This is a valuable community and we are motivated to respond if there is a feedback loop where people also join the community and share back how @Bob’s technology helps them.

1 Like

These sound like great suggestions to me.

Can you report back if it helped?

Just wear a tight turtleneck!

1 Like

Find a tight Buff (some of mine are tighter than others. I have originals and copies). Fold it. Use an ACE bandage around the coils bumpy side to bumpy side. Put the coils inside the folded Buff, where the fold is down and the open sides up. Attach a security pin to one of the ears and the Buff. Then attach the Buff to your shirt with a security pin.

Would like to know if there were any results and if anyone else has used the coils for inflamed/tired vocal cords because my wife has constant hoarseness.

Saw this: https://www.drpawluk.com/blog/vocal-cords/
Bob: Thoughts?

Fyi, need to call attention to @Bob with the @ symbol. He’ll see this post for sure now.

1 Like

Yes, indeed, I think I know something about this. Thanks @TajD for tapping me into this conversation. @Aj_Tan may also want to know that I responded to this conversation.

Several people have had excellent results using ICES-PEMF specifically for vocal cord issues. The blog referenced by @wondering points to a case where Dr. P. suggested that his client use “portable PEMF”, specifically the SomaPulse, which is the Portable PEMF system I designed for him way back about a decade ago, based on the Gen 3.0 - 4.0 ICES-PEMF Technology.

Back when we worked much more closely together, I was informed by Dr. P. about the excellent outcome of the case reported in this blog.

I think you would likely get excellent results by using a model A9 or M1, on a low to medium intensity setting (A9 = “L” or “M”; M1 = 6 to 8 or 9).

Try coils side-by-side versus stacked (individuals and injuries vary). Start with short periods of application, about 5 to 10 minutes the first day, and increase as necessary once you have established that she tolerates it well.

Then, of course, please report back to us all the good, not-so-good, and other observations, and your strategies that worked best, etc.

Thanks so much!! This has been a very frustrating condition for my wife, where a combination of a dairy allergy, reflux and other issues have been causing laryngitis for weeks. Btw, she is still doing the four A9 combo for her feet that I detailed elsewhere. Unfortunately that has yielded minimal results even running 10 hours/day on medium.