Flux Health Forum

Shealy Gamma PEMF

Dr. @Bob, I was curious if you or anyone on here has tried the Norm Shealy gamma PEMF device (selling for $1600 on his website). I believe its low gauss, will do brainwave entrainment, etc. I’m not a PEMF expert, but it seems as if your M1 will also entrain brainwave frequencies, and do a lot more as well. Any thoughts or feedback?

well…
I try not to say too much about competing PEMF devices, but in this case I think I know exactly what is going on. I have seen this rodeo before many times, and I know the characters involved well enough to know what they are capable of, and what they are not.
My honest opinion: what they are selling there is yet another example of a way over-priced, poorly designed PEMF system. In my technical opinion, it is a “hybrid copy”, pirated from several other systems to put together a chimera PEMF that has a bunch of “convenient” but otherwise not-too-functional geometries. Looking at the materials and construction, and based on their technical specs, I would say it can be built for under $50 easily.
And the “scientific” explanation of it is based on an urban myth promulgated by a convicted criminal about 20 years ago.
Buy it if you want, it may do something or may not, however, caveat emptor.

3 Likes

thank you very much for this information. If one wants to use your device (M1) for brainwave entrainment, would one put the coils in the area of the head/brain?

CNS entrainment is a large, complex, and not widely standardized procedure, so different people do it different ways. You would have to self-experiment, but in general the scientific literature describes this. For example:

To attempt to entrain brain waves in the temporal lobe of the brain, in general, place the electrodes over the temporal lobe of the brain, etc.