Flux Health Forum

Scar tissue on spinal cord

I had surgery on my back to cut the filum terminalae, which is a piece of connective tissue that connects the end of the spinal cord to the sacrum. My filum terminalae wasn’t as elastic as it should be, and the result was that when I moved, my spinal cord was stretched tight and pulled on my brainstem, causing very nasty neurological symptoms including convulsions with involuntary screaming, semi-paralysis, inability to speak, limited cognition, lots of fun stuff.

The surgery was very successful and I did great afterward – for a while. Then the same symptoms recurred, even worse. Turns out that nerve roots had gotten trapped in the scar tissue that formed on the dura (the sac containing the cerebrospinal fluid, spinal cord and brain), which again meant that the spinal cord was getting stretched when I moved.

So I had another surgery to remove the scar tissue, and again, I did great! For a few months. Now the same problem has recurred. So I’m trying everything I can think of that might help remove that scar tissue, since having yet another surgery that might work for only a few months is really unappealing.

I’ve been using frequency specific microcurrent, and while there’s evidence that it’s been helping, it hasn’t solved the problem. I’m now considering PEMF.

So…

1. Does it seem plausible that PEMF might help break up scar tissue in this situation?

2. I’m confused about the different programs in the more sophisticated machines, and in reading through the information on the micro-pulse.com website, I got overwhelmed (again, my cognition has been affected). Would I be better off with a device like the M1, with different programs, or would the A9 be just as good for me? And if I got the M1, how would I decide which program to use?

3. I am very motivated, given that the stakes for me are very high, so I anticipate wearing the device quite a bit. It seems like both the M1 and the A9 are plenty portable for wearing while doing stuff. Is that right?

4. I tend to react to adhesives. Is it possible to attach the coils without adhesive? And where would I attach them?

If there’s some place that much of this basic information is laid out that I just haven’t found, feel free to direct me to it rather than to waste time writing it out again. I may just be missing the right place to go.

Wow, sorry to hear about your suffering. Definitely wouldn’t want to wish that on anyone.

Regarding your questions:

1. I know at least M1 is portable: you can use a rechargeable battery to power it and then you can walk around with the M1.

2. Regarding adhesive, I’m highly allergic to latex and sensitive to many forms of adhesive. However, in some of the videos that Bob shares on his website, he suggests nonadhesive wraps, which I find helpful. These are bandage wraps that you can wrap around anything: it doesn’t adhere to the object you’re wrapping, but just to itself. You can buy them at Amazon or you can buy them at micro-pulse.com, but you need to ask if the bandages contain latex or not if that is something you’re sensitive to.

A more feasible method would be to use a belt or elastic wrap to hold it in place. When you buy the M1, it comes with an elastic velcro wrap that you can use to hold the coils in place. That shouldn’t be difficult if you attach the wrap around your waist.

One other alternative or it could be used in combination with the M1 application:
Regarding scar tissue, I did have a cholecystectomy — surgery to remove a gallbladder (due to gallstones), and my family GP at the time used to share a laugh with me calling me an alien because every time I was under stress, one of the surgical scars would glow bright red and it would feel like I was under the knife again, the stabbing pain would be sharp, and this is like several years after the cholecystectomy! I suspect the pain and turning red are due to inflammation, but because the pain isn’t constant, analgesics just didn’t work on stopping or reducing it.

Then I heard that magnesium chloride would help soften and fade scars, so I decided to try that. It took a couple of weeks of smearing the magnesium oil on the scar tissue, but it worked! The scar is still there, but it’s now so faded, that you can barely see it and I no longer get the glow or the pain that comes with it. Since then, I’ve used it on all my surgical scars (yeah, I have lots), even those dating 40 years back.

I don’t know how much it can help with yours, but certainly, it can’t hurt, as magnesium chloride has excellent health benefits for many things. You would probably have to apply more often and for longer than two weeks (maybe several weeks or more) to see results. Magnesium chloride is sold as magnesium oil, which is quite pricey, but you can make your own for much, much less. Works best transdermally: get the magnesium chloride bath flakes and mix 1:1 with water to smear on the wound and let air dry for 20 minutes before wiping or washing off. Do not apply to open wounds: it will make the wound heal faster, but it stings like the devil, literally like applying salt to an open wound.

I’ve used this stuff for so many conditions and even shared it with my friends to treat their many conditions, so I’m pretty confident of how well it works, but do let me know how long it takes for you to benefit.

1 Like

This kind of basic information is spread out all over the place, so it would probably be best if I summarized it here for you in one place. Answering each of your four questions directly:

1- Break up scar tissue: Maybe. I don’t have any specific information on this condition, but PEMF does seem to help most issues with peripheral nerve problems that usually involve a build up of scar tissue. So, trying this for your condition might work but it would be experimental.

2- Different programs (on models M1 and C5): these different programs are all based on what people have been asking for for purposes of self-experiment, but there is no relationship such as “This program treats that condition”. Statements like that are just PEMF marketing fraud. And our testing shows that our default program (Omni-8) works as well as or better than other programs for most uses of our device. So, you are best off just using the least expensive and simplest system: model A9.

3- Motivated: yes, that is the main thing that will bring you success with our technology. The devices are extremely portable, I am wearing two of them right now (hip and lower back), and do not even notice them.

4- Adhesives: me too, I don’t tolerate adhesives on my skin. We don’t use adhesives for attaching coils. I just modify simple bandages or clothing for exactly what I need for coil and device placement. Everyone is different, so this takes a bit of creativity. But it is not too hard, and it works well.